Nintendo Wii U

deKay

It's insane isn't it. At least Microsoft had the sense to see the bad decisions they made with the xbone and change them. But good old Nintendo plow on regardless. It was a terrible name and the advertising is just making things worse.

What annoys me the most is that it's such a better console than the Wii. And yet it seems destined to die an early death and could possibly be Nintendos last home console.

It's insane isn't it. At least Microsoft had the sense to see the bad decisions they made with the xbone and change them. But good old Nintendo plow on regardless. It was a terrible name and the advertising is just making things worse.

What annoys me the most is that it's such a better console than the Wii. And yet it seems destined to die an early death and could possibly be Nintendos last home console.

All Microsoft have done is drop their stupid new DRM system. It was their biggest screw up, but there's plenty that still needs work.

You have a screw loose if you think that there's any chance of the Wii U being Nintendo's last home console. It's hardly a Sega/Dreamcast situation.

The advert for the Wii U (or really any new Nintendo console) should be someone walking past a line of exhibits in a museum: a NES with a screen showing SMB3, a SNES with SMW, a N64 with SM64, etc. and then right at the end is the Wii U with NSMBU.

Has that ban on the adverts showing Off TV Play really done them in? It's not that hard a concept to advertise but whomever is in charge is just inept.

Soul Calibur 2 is a really odd one. If they included Link again I think it would do well. It was one of the best multiplayer games on the GameCube.

The GC version was also the biggest selling one. Which also makes you wonder why none of the sequels appeared on a Nintendo console.

The GC version was also the biggest selling one. Which also makes you wonder why none of the sequels appeared on a Nintendo console.

By the time SC3 was launched, the GameCube and Xbox were both effectively gimped as commercially viable game platforms, the exclusive character was the most likely reason for why the GameCube version overperformed, I doubt it would have performed as well with a different exclusive character.

Downgrading the sequels to Wii wasn't considered, but it did get an exclusive new game using the brand, porting SC3 would have been pointless, considering how well those are working on the Wii U.

This new remake is only coming to 2 platforms, both which have potentially large possible customer bases, something the Wii U doesn't have, so even if the GameCube original did very good numbers, the Wii U digital port is on much shakier grounds, the XBLA exclusive SoulCalibur remake didn't exactly set the world on fire either, which might explain why they didn't punt out more remakes ASAP.

Those Wii U ads on ITV4's Tour de France coverage are so bad. Two family members sitting down, one holding the GamePad and the other a Wii Remote, vaguely looking like they're playing a game which is never shown.

Even after all this time you'd still think Wii U was a peripheral for Wii if you didn't know better.

They're abysmal. I couldn't quite believe it - they make the Wii U look like the most boring experience ever created. Such a shame, as it's a lovely machine, but the way it's stiffing at retail is Nintendo's fault, plain and simple. I'd be stunned if anyone watching those Tour de France ads went out and bought a Wii U on the back of them.

Still a shame we're not getting GTAV for the WiiU, I would have definitely bought it on that over the 360, the gamepad could have actually been useful for maps, calls and all the stuff you could do on your phone in GTIV but was actually quite clunky.

Also stuff like finding your target with the gamepad camera and what not. I'm so surprised that Nintendo didn't go to Rockstar with the cheque book, especially as now that Chinatown Wars was on the DS, they're not totally averse to the GTA series. Or did that just not sell?

A few people on GAF are claiming that if you got Pikmin 3 from Game, not only do you not get the points toward a eShop credit, if you redeemed it before the 26th you won't be eligible for the 30% of W101 offer. That's going to be pretty annoying if it's true.

Really? That's shit if true. I knew I should have just waited and not given any money to those little turds and bought it straight through the eshop.

EDIT: Might actually be correct, I used the Game download code on Wednesday and I've got no reference of it on my nintendo premium page and they're normally up pretty quickly. Fuckers.

Yeah, it's not on my account either, which is strange because the site says:

"Content purchased using download codes sold at participating retailers and downloaded in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U will earn points equivalent to about 10% of the software's list price in the Nintendo eShop."

I've got a few codes from Game in the past and they didnt count on my premium account :(

Yeah, it's not on my account either, which is strange because the site says:

"Content purchased using download codes sold at participating retailers and downloaded in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U will earn points equivalent to about 10% of the software's list price in the Nintendo eShop."

The game only came out yesterday. Points are added, usually, about 24 hours after purchase.

So if you've not got points by tomorrow, *then* start to worry.

does it take a while for stars to be added for consoles too?

i've just set up this club nintendo thing this morning. it gave me 250 for pikmin3 and another 250 for setting it up. but even though i linked my nintendo id on the wii u to my account it hasnt shown up in the stars balance yet.