Nintendo Wii U

deKay

I liked the virtual arcade :facepalm:

Seriously though, I didn't really like the remote or nunchucks. I'm definitely a pad guy :D I also think another problem was it was the children's machine so it was kept downstairs in the front room where as my gaming consoles are kept in my man cave. If i'm also honest, with not playing a lot of the Wii due the where it was situated, I only saw glimpses of it and probably didn't give it a chance.

That's pretty inconclusive :lol:

Obviously the WiiU is a lot more of a pad-type machine, and you can get the Virtual Console on it, and you can buy a proper pad to play that old stuff... but ultimately it's about whether you like Nintendo games, because there's pretty much fuck all else for it. If you're finding yourself desiring Mario though, the chances are that you do like Nintendo games, and there's probably enough to justify the purchase if you can grab a bundle for under £200.

Great multiplayer too, so you can set it up for the kids and actually play with them instead of buggering off to another room and leaving them to it while you do something else ;)

Seriously though, I didn't really like the remote or nunchucks.

Me neither. Really put me off the machine generally, and I made sure I played on a Classic or GameCube pad whenever I could. Only Metroid Prime 3 used it satisfactorily of the Wii games I played. Never believed the 'casuals and non-gamers love the Wii-mote' ideology either.

Me neither. Really put me off the machine generally, and I made sure I played on a Classic or GameCube pad whenever I could. Only Metroid Prime 3 used it satisfactorily of the Wii games I played. Never believed the 'casuals and non-gamers love the Wii-mote' ideology either.

Try playing WiiSports or WiiSports Resort with a regular pad...

I personally don't like either game or the Wii-mote. What exactly is your problem with peope stating their own personal preferences?

None - but you said you didn't think casual gamers like the wiimote. Casual gamers loved WiiSports... which simply wouldn't have worked without it.

Jesus, i'm really in a dilemma. After wanting a PS4 for ages and putting money away since February to pay for it i'm now torn between this and a bloody Wii U of all things. All because of Super Mario 3D World.

Out of the release day games on PS4, only Resogun has me excited and I'm honestly not that bothered about anything else. Reading and watching things about Mario 3D sounds so fun and everything I love about gaming. I played The Wind Waker for a bit back in the Gamecube days and would definitely pick that up also. My only concern is what's after this on the Wii U? That's an honest question as I really didn't like the Wii that much so haven't been keeping up to date with Nintendo a lot over the last few years.

Resogun is the only thing that interests me as well. No way would I buy a console for that however.

There are many reasons to own a WiiU right now, as have already been laid out. What I will say is that it's not just for Nintendo games, when exclusive third party titles do see the light of day they are generally considered gems.

Zombi-U

The Wonderful 101

Lego Undercover

All great games depending on your tastes. I'm a fan of stylish action so TW101 easily gets a 10/10 from me. I'm 50hrs in and nowhere near finished with it. I doubt I'll try Lego as it's not my thing, however I have Zombi-U stored away for Xmas.

As long as we get 2-3 third party releases of that nature per year I don't really see a problem. Next year brings us Bayonetta 2, does anyone know of any other potential third-party hits?

Anytime I mention Wii U to anyone, including one mate of mine who is determined to hate everything, the repsonse is always "Yeah but there are no games out on it".

My game drawer begs to differ, I must be going on now for around 20 titles including several big third party releases. Nintendo REALLY need to push those to the moon with ads etc to negate this mentality.

Nintendo should encourage people to have Wii U parties. It has a similar impact to the Wii when you get a bunch of people playing.

We had about 12-15 people around my place last week for Bury Beerfest and at least 3 said they were going to get a Wii U after playing Nintendoland.

Maybe Nintendo could work out some sort of reward scheme like a free game if you log 2 hours of 4-5 player Nintendoland sessions.

Having ordered a Wii U recently I'm now a little confused about what to buy with it, controller wise. Basically I'm not sure if I should get Wii remotes and nunchucks (very expensive) or those Pro pads (slightly less expensive but then I can't play Wii games). Any advice would be appreciated :hat: .

Or they could try their old 90's tactics and make print ads saying somethign like "PS4 DOA? Buy a Wii U, Nintendo does what Sony nintendoes'nt"

Though I prefer your idea. When are Tesco doing their big awareness campaign? My local branch only got in Rayman and then that was it...

Having ordered a Wii U recently I'm now a little confused about what to buy with it, controller wise. Basically I'm not sure if I should get Wii remotes and nunchucks (very expensive) or those Pro pads (slightly less expensive but then I can't play Wii games). Any advice would be appreciated :hat: .

both

Wiimotes. They work with everything. I have 4 (old) Wiimotes with 2 Nunchucks & 2 Motion+ adaptors. I'd prefer to have all Wiimote+'s but can't justify that. The gamepad itself works really well as a conventional controller.

Wiimotes it is then (and one Party game), thx!. And just to be clear, there's really no use for the Pro controller since I can use the Gamepad?

There might be some geeky hardcore reason to prefer the pro controller but the Gamepad seems fully functional as a normal controller to me and I find it more comfortable (hands futher apart) and nicely weighty.

WiiU Haz Teh No Games

(except for these what I own)

on disc

Deus Ex

Wind Waker

Skylanders

Darksiders 2

Zombi U

Blops 2

Sonic Racing Transformed

Resi Evil Rev

Batman Arkham City