Nintendo Wii U

deKay

Mum buys a WiiU from Game and they try to get her to take out the warranty. Apparently, according to the saleslady, if the game pad breaks you need to replace the whole console.

They should be ashamed... That's just lies.

Awful, isn't it? I heard a Game sales person saying the same thing to a young couple at the start of the year.

Awful to read that this is still going on.

Terrible sales practice.

Mum buys a WiiU from Game and they try to get her to take out the warranty. Apparently, according to the saleslady, if the game pad breaks you need to replace the whole console.

Well you can't buy them separately.

Add me Yiggy, i want in on the rollmuk leaderboard shenanigans!

Will do so shortly.

So as you can do friends only as online games is it worth us trying to do a RLLMUK bowling night? Let me rephrase that. We're doing an RLLMUK bowling night. Who's in?

I agree, awful. All Game do now is up-selling, the hard sell, you can't even buy a disc-based game from them any more without some kind of 'disc insurance' being hawked at you (in case of disc drive lasers "burning" the disc, apparently).

Game's warranty sales are like PPI. I'm surprised they haven't been done for it.

Cue endless adverts on tv...

My mum never takes insurance on these things at the shop - but she did ask me if she would need a whole new WiiU if the gamepad broke. Someone should call out Game on this shite.

Well I cancelled my PS4 pre order and have banked the cash and will wait to pick one up in April.

Anyway, I've decided i'm definitely getting a Wii U. It's just a question of now or holding off a few weeks to see if any other the bundles comes down in price. The games on the Wii U right now have me far more excited than either of the other 2 consoles at present, hence my choice :D .

I know this is incredibly lazy but can someone recommend me a good USB HDD to use with this in regards to transfer speeds and all that balls?

I've got a 1TB one that I could possibly empty but that seems like massive overkill so I was just thinking of buying another one. I presume I have to or (or rather should do) get a proper plug into the mains as well job, rather than a memory stick type thing?

I currently have a jury rigged old PC HDD using a USB to IDE converter that I've put all my other installed games to but it's so flaky, I'll probably just download them all again when I get a new one.