Nintendo Wii U

deKay

It's not gta5 brilliant, I found it a bit boring in all honesty - funny but too much going through the motions and after a few days I haven't looked at it for months :(

Yeah, LCU is an odd one. When you're playing it you're thinking "my god, this is brilliant" but then you turn it off and there is just no desire to go back to it.

Yeah, LCU is an odd one. When you're playing it you're thinking "my god, this is brilliant" but then you turn it off and there is just no desire to go back to it.

Speak for yourself. I played it almost every day for several weeks, and wished I had more time to play it. Genuinely disappointed once I'd 100%ed it that it was all over :(

I was sure I would get this but the threads are putting me. Is it worse than Lego Lord of the Rings or Star Wars as I quite liked those. Should I get Lego City instead?

Lego City is the best Lego game. Fact.

Another vote for Lego City Underground.. To compare its gameworld to the likes of Mafia 2 is just utter madness!

LCU's is crammed with things to see and break, has stuff hidden around every corner, and litterly every inch of the map is used to good effect.

Your nearest local retailer.

Smyths have them in store or online at £199.99 with just Nintendo Land. Bundles with M&L seem to pop up every now and again for about £220-£230, can't see any at the moment though. Seen a few WIndWaker editions go on eBay for £230-£240

How many remotes do you need to play something like Wii Play U or Wii Party to the full? 3 or 4? I've got my gold Zelda one, and I just appear to have bought Wii Play U as it's come back on Amazon at £31.99 with a black wmp remote. I don't want to use my old Wii ones with wmp adapters, so the remaining will be a Mario or Luigi one. Or both.

I have played LCU a couple of times on demopods and it all looks a bit empty. The city reminded me of L.A. Noire or Mafia II: it's there, but there's nothing to do and there's almost nobody around really.

The story seems a lot of fun though.

You got all that from a demo pod? Nah, the city is excellent. Well, more the way they've hidden shit around it. IN Marvel the city serves no purpose. There are just things dotted around it.

Now we've finished the main story Marvel Lego Superheroes is crashing a lot more often.

I was all ready to get a ps4, I'd had doubts whether to make the investment now or wait. I cancelled my shopto order that I'd for months, and was starting to wish I hadn't, looking at stock websites for maybe a last minute bit of luck for Friday. I started to get distracted by a need to play Super Mario 3D land and found myself looking at bundles. Saw the wind waker one, I never completed that game on the GameCube. I regret letting that console go and never had a wii. Always felt I was missing out, but with both handhelds, I didn't feel the need for another home console.

So I'm thinking that the Wii U will be my next gen console of choice. The thought of even more Mario and Zelda at Christmas brings a smile to my face, more so than the ps4/xbox one. The multiplayer would be fantastic with family round, my little nearly 4 year old would probably enjoy watching WW, I've okay seen a few screen shots, the GameCube WW still looks amazing even now, but I'm excited to play again on the wii u.

I had a back up pre-order for the ps4 with very, it's not due to come till mid February, which would be nice as it's my birthday and could be a nice present. The interest free option was perfect too as I've a holiday to Vegas in a few weeks! I've no doubt I'll end up with one eventually, but at the moment Nintendo magic is winning over mainly new gadget lust.

Edit: Just told the GF to cancel the PS4... Just need to go buy one now before they end up flying off the shelves leaving the ps4 to blink their little blue lights like a lonely Artoo-Deetoo :lol:

Ps. I'm hoping the Mario magic helps me forgive Nintendo for the letterbox thing. Used to love reading all the crazy messages from people on here :( I don't suppose there is anything as awesome on the wii? Any 3DS street pass Syncing or anything? I haven't a clue about anything wii u related as it's been completely off the radar, as I was very set on the ps4 at launch....

Does the classic snes controller that I saw on club Nintendo work with it? I nearly got that once, just to have and collect :lol:

Sorry so many questions ;)

@GAMST

MiiVerse on Wii U is like Letterbox but 1000 times better. A community of kind and charming gamers creating and sharing. It's perfectly integrated into the system, making it a doddle to share your thoughts during any game, with a screenshot, a doodle or a witty quip.

Here's my MiiVerse profile to give you an idea how it works.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Epcotman

Also, it's coming to 3DS next month!

I love Miiverse. It's an excellent thing. And I like Nintendo's recent suggestion that more future games will support unlockable Miiverse stamps for posting in that game's Miiverse community. A much more fun thing to unlock than an achievement.

The way Wii Sports Club supports Miiverse with people's custom messages appearing in game as you play is wonderful too (though I'd like to be able to quickly click to "Yeah!" them too. Or report, for testes).