IGNORED

Nintendo Wii U

deKay

Has anyone tried the new DLC maps for Pikmin 3 yet? Man. So good. First (and one of the best) is a festive one, and it's completely free.

Thanks so much for making me aware of the free festive stage. Not only have I had a brilliant day chasing better scores on that one stage (finally got Gold!) but before today I'd never even looked at the mission mode. I completed the story and thought that was pretty much all there was. But now I have all of these mission stages to master, it has become like a whole new game!

For all these new people getting a Wii U, I'd say Pikmin 3 is essential.

tumblr_mxgk6jVAhq1svmpf2o1_1280.jpg

I made a "bad hat". I was going for "bandit hat" and "bad hat" was a suggestion, so chose it. Put it on and it started to kill me, so took it off and it scurried across the floor, found an axe, and murdered everyone with it.

Thanks so much for making me aware of the free festive stage. Not only have I had a brilliant day chasing better scores on that one stage (finally got Gold!) but before today I'd never even looked at the mission mode. I completed the story and thought that was pretty much all there was. But now I have all of these mission stages to master, it has become like a whole new game!

For all these new people getting a Wii U, I'd say Pikmin 3 is essential.

This was my experience too. I'd completely ignored the Mission Mode and it was only when the DLC started to land that I decided to take a look. Far from being an optional extra, I think it's actually the heart of the game - far more challenging than the story, extremely replayable and (with all the packs) lots of content too. Like you, I'd say it elevates Pikmin 3 from a good game to a great one.

So why is thew new Sonic game considered so shit? I've played the eShop demo and it genuinely seems like a good game.

BTW - the only 3D sonic levels I have ever enjoyed were the ones like the very first in Sonic Adventure. You know, the one where you were running on a beach and then a pier and a giant whale attacks you.

Basically Into the screen and a bit limited in its direction (i.e. you go forward)

The more open exploration levels... they were shit.

This new one seems more like the type of Sonic I'd like.

Just curious, cause I might pick this up over Chrimbo...

I sent my Wii U consoles into Nintendo a couple of weeks back to get my NNID and purchases transferred, and was very impressed with the speed of it. A free service, shipped to Germany, transferred and then returned within a week.

However, now neither console can access the eShop and I can't even play my VC games through the Wii mode anymore. It seems like a common problem too, which makes it all the more frustrating that Nintendo haven't moved to a proper account system, or at the very least fixed this issue. Great customer service though, can't fault them there.

Really hoping it's something they can fix remotely, as it's my birthday at the weekend and most of the family have the week off (couldn't get it at Christmas) so we were going to get stuck into Super Mario 3D World, Zombi U and Pikmin (how long is the festive DLC free for?). Hopefully I won't have to send the consoles in again, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Pikmin (how long is the festive DLC free for?)

As I understand it, each of the three DLC packs to date has come with a software update that has given a free level to everyone - so those "free" levels will be free forever, and simply added to your game next time you boot it up. The DLC packs will continue to be paid for but will add lots more levels if you decide to buy them.

Is there any reason to dl games rather than buy the disc? Discs seem cheaper than full price in the eshop.

Convenience.

If you want to go down the eShop route, you can get download codes for first party stuff on the Game web site. Usually £5-7 cheaper than the price on the eShop. And there's the cashback scheme if you have a Premium console.

Is there any reason to dl games rather than buy the disc? Discs seem cheaper than full price in the eshop.

I bought Monster Hunter on dl as it makes sense to have it on tap. I got Pikmin 3 dl via a code from Game as I had some reward points and Quidco, and - importantly - it got me 30% off W101 when I got that on dl too.

Convenience.

If you want to go down the eShop route, you can get download codes for first party stuff on the Game web site. Usually £5-7 cheaper than the price on the eShop. And there's the cashback scheme if you have a Premium console.

Ooooh I have a premium console - what's the cash ack scheme?

Maybe it's because I've been out of the Nintendo loop for so long (having had my Wii U just over a week) but i'm really looking forward to Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

I know a lot of fans were bitterly disappointed with the Reggie announcement last night with Cranky but what I have seen so far has got me excited enough to buy it day one when released.

Metroid will be coming at some point as will Zelda, the question is, will either be out in 2014?.

Just tried the Netflix app. Better than both the 360 and the Virgin Media TiVo app.

You won't be saying that after you've had to delete and redownload it for the 84th time.

I've been using Wiimotes so infrequently I've only just bumped up the pointer/bar sensitivity now Wii Party U has come along. Damn, dat super-smoth pointing alone is making me want to pick up whatever the latest CoD is, the Wii versions were so much fun online.

This is what happened to yesterday :o

post-24630-0-30262800-1386536571_thumb.j

I don't recall them being £55 at launch!

Assassin's Creed 3 and Zombi U were.

http://nintendoeverything.com/full-listing-of-content-on-the-european-wii-u-eshop-including-prices/

Ooooh I have a premium console - what's the cash ack scheme?

You get 8 points for every £1 you spend on the eShop. Download codes count as well. If you redeem a download code then the points you get are based on the eShop price, not what you paid for the download code. 500 points gets you a £5 voucher that you can use on the Wii U or 3DS. Go to https://p.nintendo.net/premium/ to collect them.