Nintendo Wii U

deKay

Just the assumption that sales on a platform with a smaller userbase will always, automatically be lower than those on a platform with a larger one.

Thing is, you're the one that introduced that then started arguing against it. I never made that assumption, certainly not to the ridiculous level you've been pushing it.

Imagine Papers, Please with the desk being your WiiU gamepad and the TV being the cubicle the dude is standing in! OH my GOSH!

What I'd be interested to know is why didn't the Papers Please dev? Has stuff like this been too restrictive to do 'til recently, or what? Seems like something like that would be a great fit.

Imagine Papers, Please with the desk being your WiiU gamepad and the TV being the cubicle the dude is standing in! OH my GOSH!

Hotline Miami, but when you go to finish an enemy off, you do it by tapping the touch screen to grab their head and bash it on the ground repeatedly, then cutting their throat with the stylus. emot-getin.gif

What I'd be interested to know is why didn't the Papers Please dev? Has stuff like this been too restrictive to do 'til recently, or what? Seems like something like that would be a great fit.

Because he's an independent and is probably scraping by.

That's a good start. Maybe if Nintendo offered game design mentoring ( learn from the gurus), then it would attract more Indie devs over iOS and the like.

I think the creative staff working at Nintendo are spread thinly enough.

Can I buy games from the eshop via another internet enabled device?

Is that it, thats the lamest issue in a long list of issues - it would be like saying your beloved steam's most pressing issue is that you cant buy games on a fish bowl, i mean it's true but my god the list of more pressing problems is vast!

Yeah, i hate that to play a game on said console i have to go on the console and buy the game and then play it on the console i just bought it on.

Now then, i have 'bought' many a game for PS3/PS4 on my laptop so can see the advantage of it (mainly as the store on PS3 is a fucking clusterfuck) but not having it is a minor inconvenience next to actual issues with the Nintendo e-shop, you literally could pick dozens of issues that are vastly more important was my point i guess!

you literally could pick dozens of issues that are vastly more important was my point i guess!

Go on then, list away! Not taking the piss, obviously I don't expect a list of dozens but I found it a bit shit myself so interested in what others think is up with it.

Yeah, i hate that to play a game on said console i have to go on the console and buy the game and then play it on the console i just bought it on.

Now then, i have 'bought' many a game for PS3/PS4 on my laptop so can see the advantage of it (mainly as the store on PS3 is a fucking clusterfuck) but not having it is a minor inconvenience next to actual issues with the Nintendo e-shop, you literally could pick dozens of issues that are vastly more important was my point i guess!

I'm not aware of other issues hence I picked up on that one. I'm was saying this in relation indie devs putting their stuff on the e shop. For example as an indie dev I would be most pleased that potential customers could access my wares in a multitude of ways most convenient to them. As a customer I may like the convenience of buying a games whilst at work or wherever and set it to download before I get home.

Can I buy games from the eshop via another internet enabled device?

No, but then I can't do that on the Xbox 360 either.

Nothing lame about it. And your example is silly and extreme. Just saying Nintendo are behind the curve on things like this. Customers may be used to buying stuff for their phones etc on other platforms

That's true, but surely this is the only issue with the eShop? What else is there? You look for games and buy them. It's easy.

Go on then, list away! Not taking the piss, obviously I don't expect a list of dozens but I found it a bit shit myself so interested in what others think is up with it.

It's slow

It is awful to navigate, it looks pretty enough but finding something that isn't in the front page is a mare

It devotes too much space to 3DS stuff that you then can't buy even with the 'linked' accounts

etc

etc

etc

content

etc

etc

you cant browse it and buy stuff on internet enabled devices

Are you really that desperate to knock Nintendo and the Wii U that you have to ask for others tips now?

Why don't you go to www.reddit.com/r/WiiU and read some positive things about the machine, rather than the dreary splitting hairs type stuff that sometimes fills this thread.

No need to get upset, I was only asking. God forbid I'm actually interested in what people think, be it good or bad.

I'm not upset, it's just annoying to see rgraves post about soon to be released indie games have absolutely no positive replies whatsoever. They were just all so negative, it's as if even the moon on a stick wouldn't be good enough.

I'm not upset, it's just annoying to see rgraves post about soon to be released indie games have absolutely no positive replies whatsoever. They were just all so negative, it's as if even the moon on a stick wouldn't be good enough.

Well apart from most of them being available for a fair old while on other platforms, you seem to have missed me pointing out some of them are quite good. And others saying "ooh, Papers Please would work really well". Positive stuff!

And anyway the moon on a stick would be shit, what the hell would you expect me to do with that?! The tides would be all over the shop for one thing. Nobody thinks about the consequences, that's the problem.

My wiiU is just for wiiU exclusives. Everything multiplatform will be bought on PC, because console obsolescence shall not be forced upon me!

Anyway, back to more important stuff -

I did my wii system transfer last night, after I got a classic controller pro so I could play castlevania and use it for nes remix, and...

The today and tomorrow channel can NOT be used on wiiU. Just a warning for all of you who use it daily. It is important software.