Nintendo Wii U

deKay

With all this negativity I just can't understand why you still went out & placed an order for a WiiU?

Nintendo will offer you gaming experiences the other two can't, if you want those then enjoy them, if you don't go buy an xbone or PS4.

Your friend sounds as casual as they come. Being deemed "Hardcore" is the first box checked, working at an indie shop outside of the 90s that doesn't and never did stock imports is the next.

No one can say money spent on a Wii right now is money wasted, not if they are serious about games. You said yourself that you reckon you're becoming more casual, therefore stuff like TW101, Bayo 2, and Smash Bros. isn't going to appeal. Whereas the Ubi/EA stuff you're going to be missing probably might.

I just want Mario Kart. And I'm not being negative. Just realistic.

And likewise, the other two consoles will offer experiences that the Wii U just won't be able to provide.

Yep, you'd be missing out on all those brown and greys. ;)

People make it out as if Nintendo are the last bastion of "hardcore" games, but Pokemon and Mario are probably the games most destined to be played by casuals. As an example, and if you look at the 3DS (which is the best selling console on the market), you'll discover that its software attachment rate is around 3-4 (and infinitely lower than Vita's). What does that tell you?

How many hours of content do games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing provide? There's your answer, likely. Quality content.

I know I'd rather spend $120 and 1,000 hours on TW101 and Bayo 2 instead of $1,200 and 200 hours spread over twenty seperate revisions of Manshoot FutureX or Citytrawl HD.

The proof is in the pudding. Let's see your comments after 200 hours of MK8 and see if you regret your purchase, or don't think it's money well spent because you're only playing one game. :)

Who are you trying to convince here, and of what?

Why have you spent £200 on a new console just to play mario kart? Why have you now come to this thread and moan about Nintendo through some weird buyer's remorse? There is a whole thread for discussing what's wrong with Nintendo and this isn't it.

My brother spent God knows how many hours on CoD. God knows. We are talking entire days here. I had to ban him in the end, and tell him he was being a complete saddo.

But by your example, can we also talk about time-sinkers like World of Warcraft etc?

None of those games are done by Nintendo. Both are associated with a company that is associated with the "brown and grey".

Edit: I see you edited your post. Without necessarily insulting Nintendo, allow me to paraphrase:

I know I'd rather spend $120 and 1,000 hours on Red Dead Redemption and TLoU instead of $1,200 and 200 hours on ten seperate revisions of Mario Bros or Zelda HD.

Do you not see the fallacy of your own argument?

You'd rather play RDR and TLoU, two games, over the entire Mario and Zelda franchises to date (which have easily over 200 hours of content to provide)?

Do those two games even have 1,000 hours of content between them?

There's nothing niche about Nintendo. It's fucking Mario. You control a guy who jumps on a platform for christ sake. It's hardly Dark Souls.

There are many reasons why Wii U is not selling. Nintendo games being "too niche" or appealing only to "immature man-childs" (wtf?) is not one of them.

You don't want to insult Nintendo but you're happy to insult anyone on the forum who likes Nintendo, calling them immature man-child fanboys incapable of growing up...you're not going to win many friends with that argument, I'm afraid.

And yes, you can of course be critical of something you've bought, but it might be prudent to wait until the console has actually arrived and you've played on it before you start saying how terrible it is and how anyone associated with it are immature man children.

You spent days dithering and making post after post about how you couldn't decide between some special edition of watch dogs (£60) and a whole new console for just one game (£200). These two things are not even slightly comparable, but eventually you finally decided to go with the vastly more expensive option and now you're whinging about it. Why not cancel your order and just stick to watch dogs?

Do those two games even have 1,000 hours of content between them?

Christ almighty, you're just as bad as he is but the other way. To answer the question, if you're into the multiplayer then I don't doubt people have put an awful lot of hours into those games, but overall who cares. Some like one, some like the other, some like both.

For what it's worth I think he's right in that the Wii U doesn't and never will match the 360 in terms of sheer value and variety once all is done and dusted, but then I don't mind paying what I did for the Wii U either even if that is the case. It's almost like he doesn't want to enjoy it or something.

I'm critical of your stance because it's daft, not because you've hit a raw nerve. I don't even own a Wii U! I'm not a Nintendo fanboy (I think the last Mario game I finished was Super Mario World on the SNES) and I thought the Wii was (mostly) shite. But your "stance" seems to boil down to 'I spent £200 on a new console just for Mario kart and now I hate myself for it, so I'm going to insult anyone who likes Nintendo'. Where was all this vitriol the other day when you were deliberating over which purchase to make? You weren't saying then 'I want to play Mario kart but I hate Nintendo'.

Maybe he has a problem with dry meat.

But then he'd appreciate the gravy, surely? Or maybe he likes his meat overly well done but at the same time isn't really bothered about gravy, in which case I can see why that'd get someone down - it's not ideal.

See, that's a contradiction. Same as the laborious update when you first get a Wii U.

Pardon?

I'm critical of your stance because it's daft, not because you've hit a raw nerve. I don't even own a Wii U! I'm not a Nintendo fanboy (I think the last Mario game I finished was Super Mario World on the SNES) and I thought the Wii was (mostly) shite. But your "stance" seems to boil down to 'I spent £200 on a new console just for Mario kart and now I hate myself for it, so I'm going to insult anyone who likes Nintendo'. Where was all this vitriol the other day when you were deliberating over which purchase to make? You weren't saying then 'I want to play Mario kart but I hate Nintendo'.

I think you may understand his viewpoints better if you had more information about his viewpoints, such as that posted on his Twitter feed. Here you go:

https://twitter.com/prankster101com

On a related note, as there's a whole thread for debating the 'Trouble With Nintendo', I would humbly suggest that this associated debate of why Nintendo do or do not suck would be best placed there. Unless it's at the expense of robot videos. In which case, anything is an improvement. :) Though I'm not even close to being a moderator or anything, so y'know, ignoring me is fine too!:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/268957-the-trouble-with-nintendo-a-briefly-renamed-topic/page-203

So I need to buy another controller so I can smash the girlfriend at Mario Kart 8 (she doesn't stand a chance from what I saw of her playing Crash Bandicoot).

Is it best to just grab another Wii U Remote Plus + Nunchuck, or one of the Wii U Pro controllers?

Also bought Zombie U for £5. Thanks for the link fellow forumite! \o/

Enough negative thoughts, your pissing on my happy time. I've got a WiiU Mario Kart 8 pack arriving next week & I can't f**king wait !!

I've also got New Super Mario Bros U & Zombi U sat on the shelf. Super Mario 3D land travelling through Royal Mail whilst I try to win an auction for Nintendo Land & Wii Party U on fleabay.

If you want to bitch about the WiiU go to The Trouble with nintendo thread

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/268957-the-trouble-with-nintendo-a-briefly-renamed-topic/

So I need to buy another controller so I can smash the girlfriend at Mario Kart 8 (she doesn't stand a chance from what I saw of her playing Crash Bandicoot).

Is it best to just grab another Wii U Remote Plus + Nunchuck, or one of the Wii U Pro controllers?

Also bought Zombie U for £5. Thanks for the link fellow forumite! \o/

Wii U Pro controller is very hard to find go for the wii remote & nunchuck option.

Or steering wheel of course.

I've always found that difficult to use. I have a WiiU Pro Controller inbound but it is coming from Japan so I don't think it will arrive in time. I'll be using either the gamepad or wii remote/nunchuck combo.

I always thought Nintendo fanboys being immature man-childs was a common perception among MS/Sony owners.

No, it's a common perception among immature man-childs.

gospvg - get a Remote+ and a Nunchuk - will be much more useful going forwards for other stuff as well.