Nintendo Wii U

Not sure if this is a wise remark to make, given the thread and that I'm replying to Scott, but the archery is very good in Sports Champions, the PS Move game. (As are disc golf, table tennis, bocce etc). And I find the controllers more accurate. So if you want more of that sort of thing...

Not sure if this is a wise remark to make, given the thread and that I'm replying to Scott, but the archery is very good in Sports Champions, the PS Move game. (As are disc golf, table tennis, bocce etc). And I find the controllers more accurate. So if you want more of that sort of thing...

but it looks oh so bland :( I want Mii's!

So, the Mario Kart bundle is out next friday correct? Should I expect Tesco to deliver on that day then? Anyone with any experience of Tesco online delivery?

I'm hoping they deliver on Friday or Saturday but I do have this fear that it won't arrive till Monday.

So tempted to pick up the Mario Kart bundle, wheres the cheapest place to get one from. Tesco have sold out now

Yip. I'm thoroughly annoyed with myself. Yesterday I had in in my basket with the £20 discount code applied and I didn't pull the trigger - I decided to sleep on it and order it this afternoon, but it was gone :(

I had an afternoon with the six and seven year old mini-Elites today and one thing that struck me with the wii u is that it's brought back proper local multi-player. Local multi-player on the 360 means split screen - that's under my tv next to the wii u - and I genuinely detest split-screen mulit-player. With the game pad and the tv, it's'perfect. Nintendoland is really great fun with three players. It has split screen on the tv for that but it's different as it isn't visually confusing - there's a clear boundary between player 2 and 3.

I used to love local multi-player on the spectrum/commodore but that was both players on one screen and not the split screen of recent times.

Was playing Sports Club Bowling earlier and there were a disappointingly low number of scores to compete with in the friends list - plus deKay had the highest score and that was rubbish ;) Anyone still play it?

Are you not friends with me?

...Wii U Pro controller is very hard to find go for the wii remote & nunchuck option.

You can always import a Wii U Pro Controller from Yes-asia.com for £25.57. Delivery is free.

Black -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/wii-u-pro-controller-black-japan-version/1031789019-0-0-0-en/info.html

White -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/wii-u-pro-controller-white-japan-version/1031789020-0-0-0-en/info.html

I got mine from a bricks and mortar GAME for £30. Had to ask for it though. It's a nice controller and the battery hasn't needed to be charged in weeks. 80 hours battery life on a charge, about ten times better battery life than my DS4!

I had an afternoon with the six and seven year old mini-Elites today and one thing that struck me with the wii u is that it's brought back proper local multi-player. Local multi-player on the 360 means split screen - that's under my tv next to the wii u - and I genuinely detest split-screen mulit-player. With the game pad and the tv, it's'perfect. Nintendoland is really great fun with three players. It has split screen on the tv for that but it's different as it isn't visually confusing - there's a clear boundary between player 2 and 3.

I used to love local multi-player on the spectrum/commodore but that was both players on one screen and not the split screen of recent times.

It's nice having children friendly games that are also actually good games for adults! I'm playing though wind waker HD with my four old. I'm reading the text like a book, he loves being read to and loves cartoons and I never completed WW in the GameCube so it's good fun all round :-)

Just had my personal injury claim through so I have pulled the plug and ordered the Mario Kart Wii U bundle from ShopTo for the family, this way it doesn't get added to my personal gaming expenditure

Now to decide on the free game to get after registering Mario Kart

I just ordered the MK8 pack from Amazon, along with Mario 3D World, and I'm planning on downloading Wind Waker. Should have it on Friday according to them. I'm stupidly excited. Now I need to try and remember my Nintendo network password. Am I right in thinking the games I downloaded when I first owned a Wii U are gone. They're tied to the console rather than my account, is that right?