Nintendo Wii U

deKay

If, over the course of time, people don't eventually concede that 3D World is one of the best games ever made I think I will have a tantrum, kick my toys out of the pram, pick my ball up and go home . . . to sit and play it on my own while the gaming world moves on to whatever VR bullshit some hipster has kickstarted is 'trending' that week.

I struggle with the Wii U a little, absolutely loved the N64 and the SNES and like that they are bringing some retro games back to the console. However when I play all the exclusive IP that Nintendo release they just look amazing (Mario World / Zelda HD) but the lack of any real multiplayer / friends / online arena I still think lacks. How much tie in does the Wii U / Mii have with the 3DS? Also is the 3DS actually any good?

Can you define 'real multiplayer' and 'online arena' for me.

A bit like the xbox party chat and the psn party chat option, also seems a lack of voice chat when you get into a game. I think the online support is getting better but it still feels like a bit of a solo console when playing online. Its probably one of the best offline experiences when playing Mario Kart and Mario with 4 people 5 in some cases but I have found myself using the Wii U as an offline exclusive for Zelda or Mario games and then going to the Xbox for online party games and grouped activities. Interested in other peoples thoughts.

Yep, I generally dislike playing online, with the odd exception of FH2 and MK8, but it is few and far between, an in game chat function would be good when playing with friends, but we all know how terrible it was in the PS360 era, with people just ranting and being general knob heads when allowed to talk to strangers, not everyone of course, but it was pretty prevalent, especially anytime you tried to play COD online.

I'd much rather just get on with my game, the other day I was playing "The Crew" ( yes, it's not a Nintendo game, but we're talking multiplayer online) and, after joining a race, getting into 1st and being precicely 1 check point away from winning, the chap who invited me to the race restarted it, because he was doing poorly, I wasn't greatly impressed with this at all.

No i agree its pretty bad on some games / consoles, but would be cool to have additional multiplayer options for games that you want to play with a group of good friends. Its a difficult one as I have been a Nintendo fan for ages and they sort of blew it for me introducing the Wii but feel that they have helped bring back the more adult gamer back with the Wii U

If, over the course of time, people don't eventually concede that 3D World is one of the best games ever made I think I will have a tantrum, kick my toys out of the pram, pick my ball up and go home . . . to sit and play it on my own while the gaming world moves on to whatever VR bullshit some hipster has kickstarted is 'trending' that week.

Both Galaxy games have a lot more creative inspiration for me. 3D World is just very conservative by comparison.

Both Galaxy games have a lot more creative inspiration for me. 3D World is just very conservative by comparison.

In Galaxy you need to get air bubbles to breath underwater like Sonic. What the fuck's that about? Mario doesn't need that shit.

With that carefully articulated point, I've cleverly revealed why 3D World is better.

I disagree. Each and every stage on SM3DW has a unique theme/gimmick of it's own, never any one being repeated twice. The Galaxy games are just more SM64 with funny gravity.

In Galaxy you need to get air bubbles to breath underwater like Sonic. What the fuck's that about? Mario doesn't need that shit.

With that carefully articulated point, I've cleverly revealed why 3D World is better.

So you're saying 3D World is also better than Mario 64? Because if you are, me and you are going to have a falling out.

Each and every stage on SM3DW has a unique theme/gimmick of it's own, never any one being repeated twice.

Citation needed on that one, it causes my brow to furrow just reading it. Not that I'd know either way, I've never bothered playing it beyond the first Toad level which is something I should rectify at some point.

So you're saying 3D World is also better than Mario 64? Because if you are, me and you are going to have a falling out.

Yes. 64 was novel because it was the first to do that roaming free world sort of style but 3D World is better because it tightens it up; it's like a pseudo 3D where it feels like how you imagined the old 2D levels from Mario World in your head. Linearity can be a good thing; it suggests careful design which 3D World demonstrates to perfection.

:omg: <-- I am swinging my fists, ready for your best shot.

Yep, I generally dislike playing online, with the odd exception of FH2 and MK8, but it is few and far between, an in game chat function would be good when playing with friends, but we all know how terrible it was in the PS360 era, with people just ranting and being general knob heads when allowed to talk to strangers, not everyone of course, but it was pretty prevalent, especially anytime you tried to play COD online.

I'd much rather just get on with my game, the other day I was playing "The Crew" ( yes, it's not a Nintendo game, but we're talking multiplayer online) and, after joining a race, getting into 1st and being precicely 1 check point away from winning, the chap who invited me to the race restarted it, because he was doing poorly, I wasn't greatly impressed with this at all.

Party chat is what you need, it is a omission from the wii u - imagine playing MK8 in a group of mates online with chat, it would add to the experience!

Half the fun of Destiny is playing with mates and chatting while you grind away improve your characters ability - I only still own a PS4 (and not gone back to Xbox) because my mates have them and we all have headsets and have so much fun online playing games and talking bollocks.

I agree that online with randoms esp chat is generally awful and if I'm not with mates i don't turn the mic on and often have myself in a party on my own so i don't have to listen to twaddle!!

So it isn't.

What does it use the remote for, then?

He has a super inhale that is activated via waggle. It has a bigger range and allows certain objects to be moved.

When I played it on Wii I used a cheat code to enable classic controller support which mapped the super move to a button, preferred this setup.

Anyone have issues with the dpad on the game pad? It's being a bit iffy going right. Really not looking forward to trying to get it fixed :(

Having an issue with my stick at the mo but it looks fairly cheap and easy to fix so I'm going to have a go rather than send it off for a month.

There's been another patch? The one I had to install when I played it a few months ago was only about 10 minutes to download.

Still, at least Ubi are still supporting it. They left ACIII to rot.