Nintendo Wii U

deKay

I could get behind that! Last time I played Twilight Princess from scratch, I found the graphics so muddy that I could barerly see what the flip was going on, and gave up after a few hours. So a version of the game with crisper graphics has merit. However, seems a bit desperate of Nintendo to churn out another remaster of a GameCube game. (If it's true, of course.)

Yeah, it's not like anyone else has been churning out remasters by the bucket load... Oh, wait...

Apparently Skyward sword is also rumored to be coming to the wii u? So i expect that and TP will be VC releases.

I'd give SS another go if they could remove the motion controls, i wasn't a fan.

Personally i'd prefer a proper HD update at some point in the future though rather than straight to VC releases for them both.

I'm currently playing through Skyward Sword for the first time. It's great but the waggle is indeed a pain in the arse at times. I shall be pissed if a waggle-free VC version gets announced, but I don't see why it would be; the recent SMG2 release still had to be played with the Wiimote.

I've also got the Wii version of TP on the shelf, waiting to be played, but I'll hold off til the HD version, if one exists.

I still have TP from the GC and SS unopened from the Wii; never got around to playing them. Got stuck into the 3DS games instead - ALBW and the OOT and MM remakes.

As I got the Wii U Zelda HD pack, I might have a Zelda marathon this XMas.

You can get a gamepad with a Wii U console.

Who's hyped for Xenoblade? It's out quite soon. Who's buying it and from where?

I can't wait for Xenoblade. It's the main reason I wanted a Wii U in the first place. Hard to believe I'll actually be playing the thing within a couple of months. I'm going to be getting the download version.

I can't wait for Xenoblade X. The original Xenoblade is about the only game I've played for any consistent stretch of time for the last three years, across two Wiis and one Wii U. The incredible shrinking of my gaming time following parenthood has a lot to do with that, but it's also because XB is soooo good.

I'm currently mopping up the post-game activities in the original game (L95, getting ultimate arts and armor before taking on the megabosses), and reckon I'll have it all dusted in the next few weeks, giving me one month off before Xenoblade X lands at Christmas. Cue another happy three years, I hope.

I have a love hate relationship with Xenoblade. There is no autosave, and the 3ds standby is flakey. Twice I've lost 5hrs of play through battery failing. It plays like an mmorpg so I keep thinking that it's persistent.

Otherwise it's a great game, I've the missions and exploring :)

So my Wii U arrived today. Got it dirt cheap from Alza (Czech retailer), so I knew it would be European two-pin plug, but for a £5 adaptor, it was worth the difference.

Started setting up - of course the gamepad battery wasn't charged. And because I only bought one plug adaptor, I can't charge the Gamepad and have the console on to do set-up/actually play some games at the same time. It's sitting there with its orange charge light on, very much not being played with. :doh: