IGNORED

Nintendo Wii U

deKay

I know the gamepad was much maligned by people, with many laughing and saying it was only any use for inventory management and you could just do that on the TV screen as usual anyway, others pointing out all the wonderful ways it could be used and with a few games using it that way. But then in hindsight, if used for anything but offscreen inventory management it does my head in, it takes my attention from the TV too much. But now, it gets a game where if anything at all inventory management would be the perfect use for it. So the thing it does best, coupled with a game that can arguably make the best of that out of any. Then they don't bother to implement it that way. Fuck me.

Picked up Nintendo Land, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Wii Party U all preowned from Game the other day - 3 for 2. And got Super Smash Bros for dirt cheap thanks to Tesco Clubcard Boost.

So along with Mario Kart 8, the console, 2 wii wheels and 2 remotes, I think I'm just about ready for Christmas!

Very excited about this. I might even let the kids have a go by Boxing Day.

Picked up Nintendo Land, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Wii Party U all preowned from Game the other day - 3 for 2. And got Super Smash Bros for dirt cheap thanks to Tesco Clubcard Boost.

So along with Mario Kart 8, the console, 2 wii wheels and 2 remotes, I think I'm just about ready for Christmas!

Very excited about this. I might even let the kids have a go by Boxing Day.

Take a trip into town on Boxing Day and get Splatoon, or SM3DW.

I love buying quality games with my Chrismas money on Boxing Day. A tradition of mine since 1996 when I got myself SFA2 and Virtua Cop 2 for my Saturn.

Consider this post your obligatory 'do the updates now to avoid hassle on xmas day' warning.

Ha ha - I'm thinking that the updates might actually be a blessing in disguise! We'll be at my parents house on Christmas Day - so if I install it all beforehand, they won't touch any of their other presents. So I might let them open it first and do the updating whilst they open everything else.

Mario Kart is pre-installed anyway so that should be fine - does the console take a similar amount of time to set up to the Xbox One, for example? That was a bit of a pain.

Getting rid of the Wii. Is there any way to save my Mii for future use?

Its in the cloud now isn't it? I created my Mii on 3DS. When I got my WiiU I logged into my Ninetnedo account and it brought my Mii etc over . I doubt it will do any game data, but the actual Mii is transferable.

I know the gamepad was much maligned by people, with many laughing and saying it was only any use for inventory management and you could just do that on the TV screen as usual anyway, others pointing out all the wonderful ways it could be used and with a few games using it that way. But then in hindsight, if used for anything but offscreen inventory management it does my head in, it takes my attention from the TV too much. But now, it gets a game where if anything at all inventory management would be the perfect use for it. So the thing it does best, coupled with a game that can arguably make the best of that out of any. Then they don't bother to implement it that way. Fuck me.

Who are you aiming these digs at- Nintendo or Microsoft?

Everyone hates Stefcha's Wii U though.

That's why it's hidden behind the TV, the location of shame. I don't think anyone does hate it really though, it's almost impossible to get anyone to even try playing anything on it in to gauge an opinion. Glad I got all those wiimotes and stuff especially!

That's why it's hidden behind the TV, the location of shame. I don't think anyone does hate it really though, it's almost impossible to get anyone to even try playing anything on it in to gauge an opinion. Glad I got all those wiimotes and stuff especially!

Say what?

It might be Nintendo's folly and have ilterally no future but there is a solid gold software collection currently available that would keep anyone busy for a while.

I love the gamepad myself - I pretty much do all my wii u gaming on it - it makes it pretty much the best (non portable) handheld console ever

What's that got to do with what I said? I've got plenty of games on it and I play them quite a lot, but nobody else cares to when they come round. The game pad is also great (bar the shit range and poor standard battery life it has), I've probably used it more for offscreen play than I have with the TV by some distance.