IGNORED

Do you buy Limited Editions and how do you live with yourself?

Timmo

I think it's probably an inverted bell curve. Limited Editions owned against length of relationship, starting at minus numbers when you own loads and progressing down to zero as seduction occurs and then rising exponentially as relationship years go on due to Need.

I didn't mind buying them when they were a fiver extra for a steel case and maybe a couple of bonus items (see Gears 1 & 2, Halo 3, Dead Rising 2). Seeing as those editions tend to cost closer to 70 quid now though, I've knocked it on the head - I'll wait until they inevitably fall in price, or I'll get the standard edition if it's a game I want at launch.

I used to buy Collector's Editions exclusively if there was the option but that got kicked into touch when I realised they were pretty much all dross. The deciding factor used to be the art book, but most art books were tiny, cheap things so I'd buy the inevitable art of book instead. The 2 exceptions in recent months have been Borderlands 2 (because I wanted a Marcus bobble head) and Darksiders 2 (which has a full size replica Death mask) and don't regret them at all.

I know the thread title is tongue in cheek as it's Timmo, but if I want to 'waste' my money on shit like this I'll do as I please, thanks very much.

I bought "upper" editions for Forza 2,3,4, Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2 and I don't regret any of those but those are basically the only series I would do so for.

And even then the joke that was the Forza Horizon Limited edition was skipped.

I got the Street Fighter x Tekken limited edition an I have a wee holiday fund inside its little arcade shaped piggy bank. I also once wore the Dhalsim tshirt out once but got all self concious about the fact it looks ludicrous; even more so with the drawn-on abs over my rotund gut. Oh, and I got the BlazBlue limited edition delivered to me at work and was absolutely horrified to be caught flicking through the embarrassing art book that came with it. I traded it in.

I'd probably buy limited editions that come with tshirts. I like myself a gaudy, shapeless tshirt.