IGNORED

Dark Souls II - Prepare to Die, Again

Uzi

Hmm, so I thought I've give the DLC a go seeing as everyone says it's better than the not-that-great base game. £15 later I discover the only way to get to the DLC is to start a new game or make maybe 30 hours of progress into my NG++. Great job FROM :facepalm: All the same I've been playing all afternoon, I haven't seen a single summon sign (or any of the DLC, lol) so I'm guessing the multiplayer is still a bit broken? No I'm not in the wimp covenant, yes I've tried all the fixes. I still get regularly invaded by people who warp around the level oneshot backstabbing me from ten metres away while I've trying to fight four naff monsters at once, so not much else seems to have changed.

Hmm, so I thought I've give the DLC a go seeing as everyone says it's better than the not-that-great base game. £15 later I discover the only way to get to the DLC is to start a new game or make maybe 30 hours of progress into my NG++.

Personally I'd recommend playing the dlc for the first time on new game. I did them first on NG+ and fuuuck me. Some bits (and bosses) are super bastard fuck hard. Or maybe I just suck.

As for the time it takes to reach them, I started a new game for the new patch and I'm past the point where I can access all three dlc areas and there are 15 hours on the clock. And that was with collecting all the items and doing all the side areas along the way. It could definitely be done much quicker if you were focussing purely on making progress.

Ah well that's good to know. I know that the first is just past the rotten, so I found my way there last night. I only saw a tiny bit of it but it looked good. I was assuming the last DLC door was right near the end of the game, and that is be forced to crawl through most of ng+ to access it. Is that not the case?

As for missing summons, no idea. I'm human, not in the wimpy covenant (I'm a sunbro of course) and not softbanned. I don't see any summons including npcs, assuming they're supposed to there on ng+. I still get invaded a lot though. I found a few scant mentions to the same problem dotted around the Web, but nothing solid. Will have a look tonight.

Incidentally is there anything I can really do to grow my character? I'm soul level 150ish, sorcerer, with the maxed out magic wisdom staff, black robes, magic blue flame, a 100% dmg reduction shield and all of the sorceries, pyros and hexes. I have pretty much every weapon and item set in the game (bar a few boss soul weapons I'm never going to use) sat in my item box.

Does the DLC add new weapons and spells, or is it just 3 new scenarios?

I'm already doing that, got magic blue flame maxed out and I use crystal magic weapon on it. I offhand magic staff of amana +10 along with my shield. Got a dark sunset staff too, I was thinking about a hex build but think I might pump points into strength and go for the moonlight sword, whatever it's called.

Almost a year post release and I beat Nashandra for the first time the other night. Going round finding all the bonfires I missed for no real reason and trying to ensure I've taken on all the bosses now before contemplating NG+

Today I took out the Royal Rat Authority, the Belfry Luna Gargoyles and have worked through the caves to reach the Darklurker, but died a couple of times against it. I'm fine until it splits in two, bit concerned I'm going to run out of the effigies I spent a while gathering before beating it.

I've always gone best armor defense and most damage on big swords in this and DS1 as I'm never great with stats in games. I'm sure I've had a harder time of it than most people seem to in videos, but for some reason I tend not to bother experimenting with different weapons. Only got my first slot for pyro near the end and have never used miracles.

I'll post my player stats tomorrow as I'd be very interested in what loadouts you guys would suggest I try whilst I'm pootling about cleaning up missed items.

Come home from work, turn on PC at 17:48. By 17:50 I've been invaded by another comedy character who lagstabs me from across the little watery pit right before the Lost Sinner. Every single one of my attacks goes straight through him until I'm magically teleported across the waterpit and spun around 180 degrees into his dagger. :hmm:

I've had discrepancies with lag before but wow, never like that. Gutted for ya.

So as I mentioned in my last post, here is my current setup. I believe I only have Darklurker and Ancient Dragon left before NG+ but if I'm missing some good gear (as I'm sure I will be) or you think my stats should be rebalanced then I'd be interested to hear opinions. My mentality in these games does tend to be just bulk up and have a big sword, I don't pretend to know better :)

post-5856-0-82169100-1424892894_thumb.jp

post-5856-0-13272900-1424892903_thumb.jp

you think my stats should be rebalanced then I'd be interested to hear opinions. My mentality in these games does tend to be just bulk up and have a big sword, I don't pretend to know better :)

For a start, there really is no need to take END or ADP past 20 - the return you're getting for each level spent isn't worth it. Also 50 VIT is overkill - with the correct rings you can wear the heaviest armour and still roll without topping 40 (remember you need Equip Burden under 70%). If you're into big swords you should have at least 50 STR, and stick to weapons with decent added parameters on that stat. I'd recommend upping your VGR to at least 20 (maybe more depending on how good you are) because as it is, once you hit NG+, there will be a lot of enemies that can one-hit KO you, regardless of your armours defence.

Ok so after all the talk about Bloodborne and DSII being not as good, I decided to pick it back up and crack on from where I left off.

A quick google to see what I should be doing and it seems I should be at Aldias Crypt.

So off I go, and get toasted by a Dragon. 100hrs in so I am determined to finish in time for BB and the PS4 Sin.

20ms to the US? isn't that defying the laws of physics.

Dunno, that's the lowest I get on Dota2 and BF4 servers in the US.

Anyhow, for some reason I now haven't been invaded for hours. Dunno why.

Been totally dark on this, but couldn't resist. Had a quick peek at that video, it's all so shiny! :D Got two minutes in, saw the newly added

DOUBLE HEIDE KNIGHTS!!1!

at tower of flame :omg: Watching nothing else now, and bloodborne better be amazing or it's getting replaced six days after release.

Gonna start with a Simon Belmont run; whips, axes and throwing knives!

It doesn't look any different, apart from enemies being in worse places.

Anyway, just logged in, IMMEDIATELY invaded by someone called TEH ANTECHR1ST, I hit him with moonlight greatsword and his health goes down about 3-4 seconds later. Then he stabs the air in front of him (a good "in-game" 20 feet away from me) and I fall down dead.