IGNORED

Dark Souls II - Prepare to Die, Again

Uzi

I hope they keep with the open world design. Opening up shortcuts through the world and discovering new routes through the game was one of my favourite experiences in Dark Souls.

I always preferred the hub world and five levels in Demon Souls. They were big enough that you still needed to unlock shortcuts and discover new routes, but you could always return to the Nexus and it's relative safety. I felt a lot of my time in Dark Souls was in desperate search for the next bonfire.

Why isn't this next gen? Makes me think that the next gen is still a long way off

100 million plus userbase. That should be obvious. It's a niche game in comparison to the big hitters, so it needs a big install base to hit decent sales. Probably the same reason why there isn't a WII U version.

A minute into the trailer you see a bridge. It looks a lot like the one that you start on at the Painted World. The Painted World also being the only land in Dark Souls being all snowy and ting. Might have some lore implications there.

Hmmm.

I hope the brilliance of the areas stays more consistent throughout the game, as much as I loved Dark Souls I found some of the later environments didn't stand up to the earlier ones, but then I do love castle-y bits for this sort of thing anyway :)

Pretty great way to start my day log on my computer and seeing Dark souls 2 announced. I got a horrible day of Christmas shopping ahead of me but nothing not even that can wipe this you just got laid smile this trailer gave me off my face

The rest of it is my desktop picture. The forum gets the bit I'm not interested in

Yep, excuse us for getting excited at confirmation of a sequel for one of the greatest games ever made. Apologies if you were saying that to dfo and not the thread!

Come into thread. Make unfunny pointless observation. Now the circle is complete.Lol.

DARK SOULS 2 BITCHES!!!

Not that is matters but I did not neg anyone in this here thread. If people want to be happy, who am I to piss on their parade? But all we have now is a pre-rendered trailer and a few lines of information. Personally, I see no need for celebration and to be frank, the trailer rubbed me the wrong way. I get a immense Skyrim + Assassin's Creed vibe from it. The latter I can not explain, perhaps it reminds me of the AC Revelations trailer. Perhaps it is the music.

At any rate, the trailer tickles your interest and not mine. Both interests are based on a pre-rendered trailer. Make of that what you will.

Yep, excuse us for getting excited at confirmation of a sequel for one of the greatest games ever made. Apologies if you were saying that to dfo and not the thread!

It's not just Deef (I love you Deef, you know that :wub:) but yeah, I've seen lots of knee jerk hilarity over various social networks about how the trailer looks un-Dark Souls, how the 'new' team will fuck it up, and so on and so forth. It's not peculiar to this game either, you see it happen a lot to a beloved franchise, or film, or book, or whatever. I've certainly been guilty of it but when there's so little to go on the way some people have doom and gloomed it already makes me more than a little sad.

Anyway, nil desperandum! I really need to finish the first one.

Not that is matters but I did not neg anyone in this here thread. If people want to be happy, who am I to piss on their parade? But all we have now is a pre-rendered trailer and a few lines of information. Personally, I see no need for celebration and to be frank, the trailer rubbed me the wrong way. I get a immense Skyrim + Assassin's Creed vibe from it. The latter I can not explain, perhaps it reminds me of the AC Revelations trailer. Perhaps it is the music.

At any rate, the trailer tickles your interest and not mine. Both interests are based on a pre-rendered trailer. Make of that what you will.

It is just a pre rendered teaser. It tells us very little, if anything, about the game. Peoples excitement is over the surprise announcement and the optimism is based on both games in the series being excellent. No one is saying have blind faith in the game even if you don't like the teaser, but you shouldn't being being oh wah wah I won't preorder yet until EDGE says the game won't be like skyrim or a creed!

There is no substance to judge the game on yet.

No one went "wah wah". Or is something considered "wah wah" when someone does not jump on the hype bandwagon? Judging by the negs, I guess it is.

Perhaps I am just old and grumpy, but I need more then a nice looking pre-rendered trailer to get the juices flowing. But enough negativity, where do we want to game to take place. I'd love to see more of Ash Lake, that area is criminally underused in Dark.

Atmosphere indicated by trailer feels just fine to me, one of my few niggles with daso is that it's sometimes too bright/clean. Fits the game with sun/moon theme but i preferred the dreary decaying atmosphere of Demons. More areas like Ash lake and the Painted World of Ariamis would certainly get my vote. It also has to include a variation of the depths, must have gained over a 100 humanity just invading in that lovely place ;)