IGNORED

"I do all my own stunts - even lovemaking..." ... Annoying adverts thread

FishyFish

I imagine this is going to turn into a list of perfume adverts. :)

we love this one in our house. we all say the cheesy line together and then talk about how much we want to buy some smelly water for lots of money.

My current hate is the women keeping a video diary about her toothpaste. What a fucking dickhead.

Those Kevin Bacon adverts that have recently started. Awful. Shut up, Kevin Bacon. That's not even how the degrees of Kevin Bacon work.

And obviously the Go Compare adverts. Go Fuck Yourself Compare more like... eh? Amirite guys?

Every single one of the adverts they showed before Amour infuriated me to some degree. Fortunately, I can't remember much about them. I think there was one of those booze adverts where people pretend to be having fun instead of bellowing and flopping around on the floor in a puddle of piss, and you never see a drop pass anyone's lips because the adverts are not allowed to encourage people to drink.

I like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but for sod's sake Iceland, three ads per break with Pure Imagination in are making me want to take a pickaxe to my own face.

Also: Any toothpaste adverts.

To be honest, most adverts these says are so shit in their attempts to "program" me that I'm quite insulted. A REGULAR PERSON (small print: actor) talking to me about their GENUINE PROBLEMS (small print: script) as though I'm supposed to say, "Wow, that's so me!"

Actually, come to think of it, it reminds me of the beginning of Freddy Vs Jason where Freddy basically plays Jason a little narrative of victims going, "I deserve to die, I shouldn't have been out alone." to instil reasons for killing them. He doesn't give a fuck, he's Jason FFS.

Those ads where they talk to a fake average young housewife in a shopping centre at their demonstration stall, usually for some detergent or the like, and she's really really amazed at how much better it is at removing chocolate or doing something with blue liquid.

Confused.com can fuck off too.

The confused.com adverts become just plain disturbing when you realise how much effort the animator's put into making all the female stick figures' breasts bounce: it's one of those "once you see it can't unsee it" things. My wife's taken to singing "Jiggle jiggle confused.com" whenever one of the ads comes on.

The BT adverts, all of them, but especially the Halloween one that they're still playing in December.

"Haven't you got BT Infinity?"

"We're students love."

"I'm a student love."

I have seen that BT Halloween advert so many times now that I now look forward to the bit where it cuts back to 'our girl' from the flat full of loveable student characters and we see that she has a decent rack.