Star Spotting

linkster

how could I forget?!

Noel Edmonds walked through our office once.

Apparently he was looking for office property to either invest in, or set up a production company - we were about to move out.

Word was getting around the different floors of the office that he was here and looking around, so we knew he was coming to us at some point.

When he walked in and past our group of tables, the office joker shouted out "BLOBBY BLOBBY BLOBBY!".

I think Noel must have been used to it; he never did turn round to acknowledge the obviously funny joke he had probably never heard before in his life.

Though living in commuter belt Kent I mainly see vic reeves, Arthur smith and Ian hislop. Though we did have tony Blair in the office last year. He walked past my desk an I bravely gave him the v's. to his back. Take that murderer!

Has Arthur Smith moved? Used to see him quite a bit in pubs around Balham where he (used to?) live.

Also saw Little Cook Small from Big Cook Little Cook in the pub opposite work. I thought my young nephew would be suitably impressed, but my constant winding him up meant he didn't believe me. :(

Walking past Billy Boyd (hobbit) outside a sandwich shop in Dundee

Walked past Alex McLeish in an Aberdeen chippy (if I'd have known what he'd do to my team years later I would given him an evil stare)

Arthur Smith (comedien off grumpy old men) outside Wolverhampton train station, very tall

Roberto Di Matteo sitting outside Starbucks in Leamington Spa looking smug

Been to Dave Gilmours house a few times. Also my folks live a few doors down from James Bolam, and his wife Susan I guess when she had little acting work used to be a sub teacher at my primary school

If you knew Dave Gilmour you'd know he doesn't like being called Dave.

To be fair, anyone who works in soho can't really fail to spot buckets of celebs. I remember once seeing Tom Hardy, Scarlett Johansen and Paul McCartney in a 100m walk from my office to Pret.

I stopped telling celeb stories years ago cos I realise it made me sound like a tosser, but the one that is still worth telling is when I watched all the Star Wars films back to back at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square with just me and Georgie Lucas. The endurance test of the films varying qualities was made much more palatable by the fascinating personalised Directors commentary/Q&A session that accompanied it.

To be fair, anyone who works in soho can't really fail to spot buckets of celebs. I remember once seeing Tom Hardy, Scarlett Johansen and Paul McCartney in a 100m walk from my office to Pret.

I stopped telling celeb stories years ago cos I realise it made me sound like a tosser, but the one that is still worth telling is when I watched all the Star Wars films back to back at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square with just me and Georgie Lucas. The endurance test of the films varying qualities was made much more palatable by the fascinating personalised Directors commentary/Q&A session that accompanied it.

What wars your job for that?

Um ... I walked past Vanessa Feltz filming some nonsense on Brighton Pier.

We got the plane and train home from Portugal, Ally McCoist sat in front of us all the way.

Paolo Nutini and Michelle McManus (y'know, the fat one from Pop Idol), both in supermarkets. Not together.

And another one just for the Scots ... the panto-veteran, City-Lights star and now-dead Gerard Kelly stood behind me in the post office queue.

And I played the lead singer from the Sultans of Ping at pool.

That reminds me re; Patsy Palmer, I saw Shirley from Eastenders in Sainsburys on Saturday. I often see Stacy from Gavin and Stacy, Moss from IT Crowd and Tracy from Corrie as they live near me. East Dulwich is like Hollywood man.

I did a logo for Tim Westwood once and he told me I was 'in da house'. I didn't see his nob though.