That finale felt like a proper end-of-show finale. Very dreamlike, surreal, and didn't think about pulling any punches.

Thoroughly excellent all round. A lot of critics on the show seem to treat it as a plainly-displayed/portrayed, linear thing. Once you realise that it's played out in a way that even the camera is not exempt from the effects of insanity it becomes brill. And they aren't affraid of playing the long game, but at the same time don't drag things out.

I very much expected them to catch him and then to go into an adaptation of Red Dragon (with Mason Verger's revenge from Hannibal) but that obv won't happen.

I'm wondering if they're gonna keep Will and Jack dead, introduce Clarice Starling and move through Hannibal and into Silence of the Lambs?

• Upvote 1

That finale felt like a proper end-of-show finale. Very dreamlike, surreal, and didn't think about pulling any punches.

Thoroughly excellent all round. A lot of critics on the show seem to treat it as a plainly-displayed/portrayed, linear thing. Once you realise that it's played out in a way that even the camera is not exempt from the effects of insanity it becomes brill. And they aren't affraid of playing the long game, but at the same time don't drag things out.

I very much expected them to catch him and then to go into an adaptation of Red Dragon (with Mason Verger's revenge from Hannibal) but that obv won't happen.

I'm wondering if they're gonna keep Will and Jack dead, introduce Clarice Starling and move through Hannibal and into Silence of the Lambs?

Regarding your spoiler

there are some rights issues with the Silence of the Lambs characters, so you're probably not going to see Clarice Starling et all any time soon. Fuller has said that Season 3 is going to be a sort of mash up between the Hannibal and Hannibal Rising books, with Hannibal on the run. Fuller has also said he's condensed his vision into six seasons from seven and that you won't know who survives (if any!) in S3 E1 as it is going to be Hannibal and Scully focused and almost like a pilot for a new show.

Can't wait!

Just finished watching it myself, and have to put this at the top of my favorite series of all time. So well put together and this season really did get even better from the first, so much so, I can't imagine seeing the third live up to it. It really would need to be a Hannibal the next chapter sort of situation where you just let go of the ties of the first two and let it commence intro a very new direction.

That episode absolutely flew by, completely brilliant, relentless tension from start to finish.

I find it a bit unbelievable - even in the context of the show - that

Hannibal would leave behind four people who, despite their injuries, are still alive and could potentially survive and bring him down.

• 3 weeks later...

The UK airings are just up to the episode that starts with a horse, and...

1) Hannibal's reactions to "Is your social worker inside that horse?" and the chestburster moment are quietly hilarious

2) How did he get the bird in there?

It's not worth asking questions about the logistics of some of these murders considering that within these last couple of episodes Hannibal somehow

dug up a parking lot overnight without attracting any attention and planted a full-sized tree there with a corpse attached to it.

The only possible explanation for how any of these killers do anything is that they are actually evil wizards.

I watched the first few episodes and gave up, sorry. Too gimmicky and absurd for me, and far too serious.

What is TVs obsession with the functioning serial killer psycho path story? These people don't exist but in TV land there are enough of them to fill a small town.

It's simultaneously the most and least serious serial killer drama on TV. It's played absolutely deadpan, but it's so utterly ludicrous that it beggars belief. It's not for everyone.

• Upvote 1

I love it although I agree, the actual murders are far beyond the murders of the book - and the films. They're like performance art. Now that Will's

out and making it rather explicit to Hannibal that he knows he's the serial killer, those Will/Hannibal scenes are really tense.

The music has improved this season and it's refreshing to see something filmed like this.

The sound is great if you've got surround sound. It's the only thing I watch through 5.1 on tv. I have four episodes to go. I have avoided all spoilers but glad to see a positive reaction to the final few episodes. I've sadly seen a trailer with a huge spoiler already though.

Hannibal and big Laurence fighting 'to the death'

The sound is great if you've got surround sound. It's the only thing I watch through 5.1 on tv. I have four episodes to go. I have avoided all spoilers but glad to see a positive reaction to the final few episodes. I've sadly seen a trailer with a huge spoiler already though.

Hannibal and big Laurence fighting 'to the death'

That was in the first episode of Season 2.

Was it? I'll have to rewatch that. I was sure I'd seen it on an internet video in a behind the scenes Hannibal feature. I'm keeping away from spoilers but I overheard a bit of a crucial plot twist the other day and I'm really not looking forward to that happening but...

Will's character is really developing. He was, in the first series, painful to watch as he was falling apart. I didn't enjoy that. Now he's confrontational and angry and focussed; it's like he's switched with Hannibal and seems in control. I'm looking forward to the series finale.

my favourite 'killer' was the bee lady accupuncture woman. It was really inventive. It was up there with the Totem pole

That would have to be an even more huge departure from the source material than so far, but it can't be ruled our judging from what I've seen so far. I've kind of divorced it from the books/films now, and am enjoying it a lot more for that.

I'm about halfway through season one. The first few episodes were largely awful but Mads's suits were so good I had to keep watching, and then all of a sudden it has a good episode (the first one with Eddie Izzard) probably because it was drawing more from the books than the others, though I don't know for sure.

I won't read the thread for fear of spoilers but I will say I dearly hope that Hannibal eats the entire CSI team.

• 3 weeks later...