That twitter account is amazing!

"The aviary has two screen doors to prevent the birds from escaping. If we could pierce your mind's screen doors, what would fly out at us?"

Anyway, I am sadly not surprised they passed on this. It's off up its own fundament now, as the world's most notorious serial killer and his moll take up a prestigious university job and proceed to murder one of their colleagues a week. It was in danger of turning into something like Smallville, where you get the world's slowest progression to a conclusion you already know. The producers attempting a long languid wank to climax, but I'm sorry Mr. Fuller, you went too slow and we've all gone flaccid now.

At least we are spared at least the likes of "Hannibal season ten trailer : Hello Clarice th.th.th.th"

(Bates motel is a bit like this too, even more like Smallville in that it is a 50s story rebooted into the modern age, though Norman's only super power appears to be helping his mother kill people)

It's all style over substance these days. Hugh Dancy has the easiest acting gig ever. Sit there clenching your teeth while muttering his lines which you could fit onto the back of a postage stamp. I've never seen someone communicate soley through single (very) short sentences before.

Started watching this, gave up on the third episode.

Thought it was simplistic, unbelievable nonsense :(

Hannibal was terrible I thought, as was the ridiculous journalist character.

They keep reiterating that the lead is NOT FBI and failed their tests, his stability is constantly questioned. But he's allowed to carry a gun, investigate cases unsupervised and drag along his psychiatrist wherever he goes. They then try and apprehend a serial killer without calling it in.

Phone-calls become untraceable just by blocking caller ID.

Journalists can get into crime scenes whenever they want , then post the information online with no repercussions other than a slapped wrist.

It goes on and on, one unbelievable turn after another.

Naff / 10

• Upvote 2

I turned off the latest episode when what was supposed to be a lesbian love scene came on and it was nothing but artsy fartsy bollocks, it was like something out of a really bad Bond opening title scene, absolute shit.

I didn't turn it off but it has crawled so far up its own arse it is quite incredible. More than half of each episode is stupid sound fx/music and daft imagery that now feels like padding because they don't have enough story exposition to fill them.

• Upvote 1

Have to agree so far (only up to episode three of the new series). At the moment it's like I watched all the movies whilst massively stoned, and have got them all mixed up and confused characters when trying to remember the plot when sober. Pretentious twaddle so far.

I've loved this series since the start but S3 has really lost it for me. There's been about two episodes worth of incident among the almost pastiche levels of slomo and paintbox effects. They've also ruined Will's character. He just shuffles around and mumbles incoherently. There's a great spoof to be made with him doing that and Mads speaking in a Goldmember accent.

That said the sequence in Ep 3 where the folded up skinned corpse unfurled into the stag monster to menace Will in the church was incredible.

3-07

Some goofy stuff this week, but sometimes you have to knock yourself on the head and remember it's essentially a horror show. I have to admit though, I applauded the screen when Hannibal gave himself up. What a move. Will tells him he's given up the chase, so he makes a move that ensures he'll always be available. He'd rather give up his freedom than give up the capacity to screw around with Will's head.

You guys are all nuts, this show is amazing

I'm really not seeing it.

In comparison to the original film - Manhunter - it was just laughable. At least up to episode 3 where I gave up.

If you like this and haven't seen Manhunter you should really watch it btw.

• Upvote 1

They haven't really done any of Manhunter at all (since he's captive in that and Lambs) but they've nicked dialogue and a couple of scenarios from both those and skipped straight to Ridley Scott's Hannibal.

They haven't really done any of Manhunter at all (since he's captive in that and Lambs) but they've nicked dialogue and a couple of scenarios from both those and skipped straight to Ridley Scott's Hannibal.

Don't read if you don't want spoiled...

It looks like the rest of S3 will be their version of Red Dragon/Manhunter.

It was. The one before it too. With payoffs and twists like this you really can't accuse it of being all flash and no substance. Well, I mean, you could, but you'd be wrong. It has me on the edge of my seat every week, can't wait to see where it will go from here.

The trouble is, for my money at least, the movie did it far better, with better pacing, better tension, more menace and better actors. Not to mention having Gary Oldman rather than the tv shows spitting image puppet version.

Jesus. That moray eel :( will haunt my dreams.

Also Will.

Disembowelled, thrown off a train, shot by a sniper rifle, had his skull sawn into - he's indestructible.

I liked the ending although

You'd think Jack would be a little careful having Hannibal under arrest. "Oh yeah, handcuff him and put him in my car - no probs".