Ouch No More!

Cyhwuhx

Breaksmith in talking sense shocker.

I'm only interested in PoP because of the generally glowing response it's received, if I was out of touch with the 'scene' I'd be put off by the Xtreme Poochyfication some American focus group has decided to smother it in. Couldn't really care less about BG&E, regardless of how well it's put together.

Joe Public knows broadly what he's getting into with all the films on UC's list, I don't think even Ubi Soft could concisely explain what the fuck BG&E is supposed to be about.

I would prefer developers making something that as many people as possible can enjoy (on some level), both Nintendo and Rockstar have shown that this can be done without compromising quality and innovation.

:o

No, people who bought Enter the Matrix are not ignorant. People who bought Enter the Matrix presumably wanted an interactive version of The Matrix, with all the likenesses and voices and fighting moves intact.... which is exactly what they got.

Likewise with T3. If you can think of a better game that features the voice and likeness of Arnold Schwartzenegger and lets you have punch ups with a Kristanna Loken computer model, then please, show people the way! Because not everyone is a critic - surprisingly.

piss off hippie. if they don't know ETM is universally slamed from here to right over there then that is ignorance. they are ignorant of the fact that it is shit.

No, people who bought Enter the Matrix are not ignorant. People who bought Enter the Matrix presumably wanted an interactive version of The Matrix, with all the likenesses and voices and fighting moves intact.... which is exactly what they got.

Likewise with T3. If you can think of a better game that features the voice and likeness of Arnold Schwartzenegger and lets you have punch ups with a Kristanna Loken computer model, then please, show people the way! Because not everyone is a critic - surprisingly.

piss off hippie. if they don't know ETM is universally slamed from here to right over there then that is ignorance. they are ignorant of the fact that it is shit.

Then you are ignorant of the fact that a game's critically regarded quality is almost no indication of how much someone will enjoy it, nor how much it will appeal to someone in the first place.

Unless, of course, you're seriously going to try to convince me that no-one who bought Enter the Matrix enjoyed it.

Add to the fact that the game hit the shelves before many-a-critical review...

PoP has been selling extremely well in the UK (we sold out in GS, at £29.99), and the PoP PS2 packs have been going extremely well too. So I don't know what's going on here.

And trusting a fansite like that? Yes, you deserve to be shot. Regardless whether it's cancelled or not. :o

I'll get the Xbox version of PoP, and may pop (get it? :)) for the PS2 BG&E for £19.99. Mmm.

Then you are ignorant of the fact that a game's critically regarded quality is almost no indication of how much someone will enjoy it, nor how much it will appeal to someone in the first place.

Unless, of course, you're seriously going to try to convince me that no-one who bought Enter the Matrix enjoyed it.

well maybe someone's baby enjoyed the frisbee game and perhaps a 12 year old who wanted to be down with charlie brown thought it was the best game EVAR.

however most normal people who aren't vending machines made out of hemp would not have liked the game had they played the other better examples. they are ignorant to their greatness because they haven't played them and are thus ignorant of how shit ETM is. God i hate it when people need it spelling out for them.

well maybe someone's baby enjoyed the frisbee game and perhaps a 12 year old who wanted to be down with charlie brown thought it was the best game EVAR.

Yes.

Are they wrong?

Did they not enjoy it?

however most normal people who aren't vending machines made out of hemp would not have liked the game had they played the other better examples.

Ignorant speculation.

There is no (repeat: NO) better example of a Matrix game anywhere on Earth. Thus, if someone's criteria for wanting the game was that it was based on The Matrix, then they would have been stupid not to buy it, as it does precisely what it says it does.

They are not necessarily ignorant, however.

God i hate it when people need it spelling out for them.

Yeah it's annoying, ain't it? :o

Yes.

Are they wrong?

Did they not enjoy it?

Ignorant speculation.

There is no (repeat: NO) better example of a Matrix game anywhere on Earth. Thus, if someone's criteria for wanting the game was that it was based on The Matrix, then they would have been stupid not to buy it, as it does precisely what it says it does.

They are not necessarily ignorant, however.

Yeah it's annoying, ain't it? :o

Ignorance - the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

Two big fingers pointed at you Bub

Also i think you'll find better Matrix games out there in the form of TC's or mods. Score 2 for the good guys, you ignorant fool.

Ignorance - the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

Yes. You are uninformed of the motives of people who buy Enter the Matrix. You have made the assumption that literally everyone who has bought it has done so out of mis-information, when, in reality, most people who bought it probably only wanted an interactive version of The Matrix, complete with (as I already said) full actor voice-overs and fighting moves, and full authenticity. Which Enter the Matrix does offer.

Also i think you'll find better Matrix games out there in the form of TC's or mods.

If they are not officially licensed products with authentic recreations of the Matrix universe, full range of relevant fighting moves and actor voice-overs, then they are probably not what a Matrix fan favouring Enter the Matrix is looking for.

You have made some very ignorant assumptions. Fact.

If they are not officially licensed products with authentic recreations of the Matrix universe, full range of relevant fighting moves and actor voice-overs, then they are probably not what a Matrix fan favouring Enter the Matrix is looking for.

so a Star Wars fan wouldn't like KOTOR because it's not set in the movie time frame and doesn't have Mark Hamil?

and i think we can safely assume that the ignorant gamers will assume that ETM will be a good game. if they're not into gaming that much then they will lack the knowledge that film license's are wank.

you are being a tosser. Fact.

PoP has been selling extremely well in the UK (we sold out in GS, at £29.99), and the PoP PS2 packs have been going extremely well too. So I don't know what's going on here.

It hasn't been selling well though. Just because the shop you work at has been selling reasonable numbers doesn't mean it's selling elsewhere. You need only check the official charts for confirmation and/or wait for Ubisoft to announce the sales figures some time down the line.

The game has, in terms of sales, fallen well short.

so a Star Wars fan wouldn't like KOTOR because it's not set in the movie time frame and doesn't have Mark Hamil?

Which Star Wars fan, specifically?

I think it's fair to say that many Star Wars fans may not have liked KotOR because it lacked any of the actors or voices etc.

But then, these people probably weren't really 'into' games.

So unless you can conclusively prove that people who are not 'into' games make ignorant decisions about what games they buy, then you have literally no point.

and i think we can safely assume that the ignorant gamers will assume that ETM will be a good game.

No, you can assume whatever you like, mate.

I'm merely pointing out that your criteria for what you enjoy playing is not necessarily going to co-incide with that of someone else - particularly someone who makes purchasing decisions based on licenses and franchise affiliation.

if they're not into gaming that much then they will lack the knowledge that film license's are wank.

No, if they are not "into gaming that much" then they won't really care how critically acclaimed or technically proficient their purchase is.

They will probably still enjoy it anyway. Your assumption claimed otherwsie.

you are being a tosser. Fact.

Unless you can empirically prove such a statement, then it is opinion, by definition.

I am however, being persisitant. :o

No, if they are not "into gaming that much" then they won't really care how critically acclaimed or technically proficient their purchase is.

yeah you're right. they won't care when their game crashes for no reason, their character is uncontrollable and they sit there for 3 mins with nothing to do not knowing if the game is finished or not.

you're right you are a persistant tosser.

their character is uncontrollable...

By your standards.

Most 'non-gaming' Matrix fan folk would have been pleased just to have an interactive version of The Matrix. No amount of your 'problems' with it, or examples-of-better-gameplay would change that.

Your standards != Everyone elses standards.

Accusations of ignorance are misguided. Drop it.

By your standards.

Most 'non-gaming' Matrix fan folk would have been pleased just to have an interactive version of The Matrix. No amount of your 'problems' with it, or examples-of-better-gameplay would change that.

Your standards != Everyone elses standards.

Accusations of ignorance are misguided. Drop it.

wow you must be the easiest reviewer to please. nice that you missed the other problems with it and just picked on the ones you could turn around.

by uncontrollable i'm talking about when the camera starts messing you around for no reason and affects the control of the character resulting in a death.

wow you must be the easiest reviewer to please.

No, I'm harsh and extremely critical.

But here's a tip for you; your general average Joe isn't - and therefore doesn't care about the same things you and I might do.

Simple really.

by uncontrollable i'm talking about when the camera starts messing you around for no reason and affects the control of the character resulting in a death.

Yeah, 'cos casual gamers are so used to not dying, eh? ;)

Seriously, your accusations of ignorance are misguided. Please drop it.

No, I'm harsh and extremely critical.

But here's a tip for you; your general average Joe isn't - and therefore doesn't care about the same things you and I might do.

Simple really.

Yeah, 'cos casual gamers are so used to not dying, eh? ;)

Seriously, your accusations of ignorance are misguided. Please drop it.

let's face it if you die when it's not your fault repeatedly you're not going to think the game is much fun wether you've played other games or not.

let's face it if you die when it's not your fault repeatedly you're not going to think the game is much fun wether you've played other games or not.

I'd imagine if you're wooed by the 'realistic graphics', voice-overs and authentic fighting moves, you really won't care too much about how 'unfair' it is being.

I know plenty of people who think enter the Matrix is excellent. Are they ignorant? No, merely expressing their opinion.

I'd imagine if you're wooed by the 'realistic graphics', voice-overs and authentic fighting moves, you really won't care too much about how 'unfair' it is being.

I know plenty of people who think enter the Matrix is excellent. Are they ignorant? No, merely expressing their opinion.

they're not ignorant. they just need a smack round the head.

This has to be the most ignorant, cack-mouthed arguing I've ever bore witness to.

For fuck's sake, give it a rest, Beertiger.

For an example of "the ignorant masses", I bought the ETM game. Based on a misguided review from OPS2. Yes, it was a poorly executed game. Yes, it was a licensed product.

But yes, I was a big Matrix fan, and I wanted something to satisfy a 6-month gap and various plot-holes. I didn't purchase it expecting it to be terrible, I was expecting a good and interactive version of The Matrix. And it was made by Shiny, whose products I had a liking for in the past.

FACT: I DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO BE RUBBISH. BUT IT WAS. END OF.

They are buying things they want to buy. Why should they give a shit about anything else?

Do you?

well that's alright then as long as they're sorted with their next Matrix game while original ideas die off and are replaced by an army of clone games.

Mr Reverse. I bought Enter the Matrix expecting it to be terrible and it was. Usually i'm swayed the other way. The hacking game was aces though.

well that's alright then as long as they're sorted with their next Matrix game while original ideas die off and are replaced by an army of clone games.

It's alright for them, yes.

But you were suggesting that THEY deserved a smack round the head for not 'actively supporting' something YOU feel passionately about.

This is snobbery of the highest order.

It's alright for them, yes.

But you were suggesting that THEY deserved a smack round the head for not 'actively supporting' something YOU feel passionately about.

This is snobbery of the highest order.

yes it is alright for them. it's a case of 'i'm all right jack, how are you in the gutter'.

it's OK to chop the rainforest down as the woodcutters are much better off while we suffer. at least they're all right though.

It hasn't been selling well though. Just because the shop you work at has been selling reasonable numbers doesn't mean it's selling elsewhere. You need only check the official charts for confirmation and/or wait for Ubisoft to announce the sales figures some time down the line.

The game has, in terms of sales, fallen well short.

From the charts, dated 27/12/03:

01 [02] Need For Speed: Underground

02 [01] Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun

03 [04] FIFA 2004

04 [03] The Simpsons: Hit & Run

05 [05] Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

06 [08] The Sims: Bustin' Out

07 [06] True Crime: Streets Of LA

08 [07] Tony Hawk's Underground

09 [13] Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

10 [14] Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne

11 [19] XIII

12 [11] Crash Nitro Kart

13 [09] Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup

14 [27] Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004

15 [12] EyeToy: Play

16 [17] Total Club Manager 2004

17 [21] Project Gotham Racing 2

18 [ - ] Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack

19 [25] WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain

20 [18] Championship Manager: Season 03/04

How is 9th not extremely good for such a title, that hasn't had a follow-up in what, 10 years? That's not including the PoP packs, and considering it's just behind Tony Hawk's and the EA crew, and ahead of Max Payne 2 which has had a massive ad boost, I'd say that's damn good.