Ouch No More!

Cyhwuhx

yes it is alright for them. it's a case of 'i'm all right jack, how are you in the gutter'.

Well yes, that's pretty much it.

If they aren't seriously into games, then why do they care if something YOU feel passionately about isn't being supported when it doesn't affect them?

Tell you what... I'm passionate about stamps. I love 'em, I do. I hate it when people just buy bog standard stamps instead of decent artistic ones. People like YOU are destroying the stamp art industry by not buying decent ones.

Therefore I have every right to punch you in the face, for not feeling as passionate about something as I do.

Is this justified? No.

it's OK to chop the rainforest down as the woodcutters are much better off while we suffer. at least they're all right though.

The rainforest affects everyone. It is in the best interest of all life on the planet that it is preserved.

If a lot of shit games get released it is only the 'hardcore' that care. It is not the responsibilty of those who don't care about games to suddenly care enough to do something about it. By that logic, anyone who isn't a serious gamer or even anyone who does't play them or have any interest in them at all deserves a good kicking.

Now tell me you aren't being serious.

Looking through that christmas top 20 list, (I won't give specifics to avoid being picked apart by the pedant vultures) I'd say that over half of those games are 'at least' average in quality, so for a general public that are so uninformed and spending 40quid a pop, things aren't so bad are they?

I realise that there are much better games out there that don't do anything like aswell but hey, be grateful at least that you are better educated gamingwise and get more out of your pastime, the reality is, if you're running a games company as a profit focused business, you'll opt to make a quick buck out of a half decent/shit licensed game, if you're in it to make great games, you need to be prepared that the money might not roll in.

PS Sprite Machine and Beertiger, can you go wank each other off somewhere else please, its pathetic.

*Looks at the CD charts*

*looks at the DVD charts*

*looks at the book charts*

*remembers BBC news story on the crisis in the books industry as only a few incredibly heavily-marketed crowd-pleasers ever sell*

Welcome to the rest of the world, Gaming!

What's pathetic? Using logic and fair reasoning to break apart his argument?

Isn't that the way to a brighter future, one devoid of irrationality?

funny i was thinking the same thing about you hippie boy.

you can't put up a decent arguement, you didn't even know the meaning of ignorance.

As an aside, I have a friend who is well into games and is my usual gaming buddy (he also runs Saveandcontinue.com). He got ETM for the site and thought he would give it a go. At first he said what I expected - that it was terrible. A couple of nights later when we chatting again, he actually said that, strangely, the game wasn't that bad and that he was quite enjoying it. Strange that. Here's someone who knows about gaming, reads sites, runs his own game rental site, is up to speed on all the latest consoles actually having a positive word to say about ETM.

Is he wrong? No, because he's enjoying it. And surely, if ETM sells several million, then just maybe Shiny will be using some of that money to make something original? Just a thought. but you never know.

If they've any sense, they'll use it to secure another shit hot licence. No?

Aren't they doing another couple of Matrix games? That's what I read somewhere.

What licence should they buy?

Here's another weird one - a casual gaming friend at work is presently loving the Charlie's Angels game on the PS2 that someone bought for him. Is he wrong? If he's enjoying it then fair enough. I try to point him in the direction of what are considered by the many as good games to try but he's quite happy with his games and his EA sports games. Who am I to argue? I've decided to mellow out this year. Let people do as they please in terms of their free time. At the end of the day, it doesn't affect me really.

And Sprite, when you getting yo ass on Live!?

Aren't they doing another couple of Matrix games? That's what I read somewhere.

What licence should they buy?

Here's another weird one - a casual gaming friend at work is presently loving the Charlie's Angels game on the PS2 that someone bought for him. Is he wrong? If he's enjoying it then fair enough. I try to point him in the direction of what are considered by the many as good games to try but he's quite happy with his games and his EA sports games. Who am I to argue? I've decided to mellow out this year. Let people do as they please in terms of their free time. At the end of the day, it doesn't affect me really.

I generally agree with that but...... I still worry that with too much mediocrity doing well, as with everything in the games industry, more and more developers will try and cash in on mediocrity as the next big thing!

Surprise, surprise, Ubisoft have confirmed that this is all bollocks and the games are still coming on those formats. (Also at http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5933)

Score one for the large multinational! In your face web-hacks!

.::: Woohoo! Leme change the topic title...

Also, can you promise to never EVER post something from a games news website again.

Cheers!

NO, NOT EVEN SPONG

Surprise, surprise, Ubisoft have confirmed that this is all bollocks and the games are still coming on those formats. (Also at http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5933)

Also, can you promise to never EVER post something from a games news website again.

Cheers!

NO, NOT EVEN SPONG

.::: Yes, next time I'll be sure to shoot the messenger as well. ;)

Cheers!

NO, NOT EVEN SPONG

EXCLUSIVE: NEW DETAILS ON A GAME!

Yes, that's right, my friend's friend told me about a game! It's shaping up to be great!

More news on The Game, here, as soon as I cut n paste it from a forum, I mean, as it breaks!

I generally agree with that but...... I still worry that with too much mediocrity doing well, as with everything in the games industry, more and more developers will try and cash in on mediocrity as the next big thing!

The thing is this: Go to www.lemon64.com and look through the amount of C64 games on there (you could do the same for the speccy, snes, megadrive etc etc on their respective sites). Now, I loved the C64 but the ratio of outright dross to good games even back then was pretty much the same. I remember the reviews in Zzap!64 and how some games were getting less than 10% overall. Just awful rubbish coming out every month. Licences selling with gay abandon no matter what the content (the world cup game by US gold being a prime example). Licenced software always sold. Crap games were always bought. Things haven't changed in that respect, IMO.

.::: Oh for crying out loud. Now we're getting another 7 pages on how stupid it is to believe websites...

Rumour or not, we did have an interesting discussion about genres and their acceptance. To me the topic is half-full not half-empty.

It was better than listing-topic #5238 to me. ;)

Surely, after poor sales on PS2, Ubisoft can't release Prince of Persia at full price for the rival consoles?

Won't the 'early-discounting' publicity PoP PS2 has received make a £39.99 price point impossible?

It's sad to see a great title reduced to bargain bins so early in it's schedule.

How is 9th not extremely good for such a title, that hasn't had a follow-up in what, 10 years? That's not including the PoP packs, and considering it's just behind Tony Hawk's and the EA crew, and ahead of Max Payne 2 which has had a massive ad boost, I'd say that's damn good.

And you'd be wrong. It's all about the finances and managing to only scrape Top 10 in the PS2 charts for such a high profile title for UbiSoft is not good enough FROM A FINANCIAL VIEWPOINT.

And that's all that matters.

Well I finished BG&E last night and it is superb. The game length is rather short (my game timer says 13 hours). If it had been double that length it would have been an all time great. But, what an ending. Just beautiful and that end music, reminded me a bit of Skies of Arcadia.