Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures

Yeah when you look at it like it’s hard to understand how the Xbox division will bring in that kind of revenue relying almost solely on Gamepass. They’re really going all in whereas Sony are still playing the field. 

I also think Fall Guys alone will probably help sell another 10 million PS+ subs worldwide within the next month or so when word of mouth gets out how fun, popular and accessible it is, so that's another half a billion in the bank from one game.

Why put all your eggs in one basket?

• Empathy 1
6 hours ago, Stanley said:

Yeah when you look at it like it’s hard to understand how the Xbox division will bring in that kind of revenue relying almost solely on Gamepass. They’re really going all in whereas Sony are still playing the field. 

It doesn't need to as Microsoft as a whole make more money in a month than Sony do in a year. Playstation is incredibly important to Sony's financials so they cannot afford to match Gamepass and why they have to nickle and dime everyone on the peripherals. While Xbox is just a means to get people aboard the Xbox services eco system train.

25 minutes ago, AI1 said:

I also think Fall Guys alone will probably help sell another 10 million PS+ subs worldwide within the next month or so when word of mouth gets out how fun, popular and accessible it is, so that's another half a billion in the bank from one game.

Why put all your eggs in one basket?

I bought a 3 month sub off eBay for it. 

I know this is from a few days ago but it does show you how ludicriously one sided sales are in Japan at the moment

|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD | 

¦ NSW # | 125.231 | 113.197 | 42.689 | 3.054.439 | 1.703.469 | 14.437.870 |

| PS4 # | 1.434 | 4.523 | 11.182 | 449.752 | 694.115 | 9.197.995 |

| 3DS # | 1.042 | 903 | 2.667 | 37.019 | 140.450 | 24.533.166 |

| XB1 # | 40 | 31 | 51 | 2.835 | 4.155 | 114.081 |

Switch is doing over 100,000 per week and is nearly double the sales it was at this time last year. Crazy.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, layten said:

It doesn't need to as Microsoft as a whole make more money in a month than Sony do in a year. Playstation is incredibly important to Sony's financials so they cannot afford to match Gamepass and why they have to nickle and dime everyone on the peripherals. While Xbox is just a means to get people aboard the Xbox services eco system train.

Sure, but people have said this since the original Xbox, yet it hasn’t altered their position as a platform holder in the video game market in twenty years. 

1 hour ago, layten said:

Also, while the rest of us^ might think a 20% profit margin on 5 billion of revenue is great, Microsoft made $10 billion on $35 billion to April (28%).i don’t see that Xbox is ever going to make that percentage in and of itself, so has to be a driver for use of other more profitable Microsoft services.

^ Definitely me.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, layten said:

Nobody even playing in the same league as Nintendo.

40% operating profit. 30%+ ordinary profit to FY March 2020.

perhaps google and Facebook!

Nintendo's Quarterly report is out today. They sold 5.67 million consoles in the last quarter, taking them to 61. 44 million sold to date. 

But the big news is Animal Crossing. 22.40 million copies sold since it's release 3 and a half months ago and it's not even had a Christmas period under its belt yet. It'll easily do 30 million this year and probably hit 40 million by the end of its run. 

Xenoblade DE sold 1.32 million in 33 days.

Clubhouse Games sold 1.03 million by the end of June. 

Mario Kart 8 is at 26.74 million.

Pokémon Sword and Shield is at 18.22 million, making it the biggest selling Pokémon game in 20 years. 

Super Smash Bros Ultimate is at 19.99 million.

Switch software is insane. 

• Upvote 3

Nintendo released its figures too and while I don't have a topic on Era as detailed as the Sony one, the big news here is that Animal Crossing sold a whopping 22.4 million as of end of June! :o

Switch hardware now at a crazy 61.45M (this is Lite as well)

Last quarter revenue:
Sony PlayStation $5.6B
Nintendo $3.4B
Microsoft Xbox $3.3B

EDIT: beaten!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe must be the best selling port in history. I wonder what that team is working on now seeing as their last game, Arms, came out three years ago. I can’t see them making another MK this generation with 8 still performing so well. 

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe must be the best selling port in history. I wonder what that team is working on now seeing as their last game, Arms, came out three years ago. I can’t see them making another MK this generation with 8 still performing so well. 

On holiday on all the cash until the next Nintendo console so they can do MK 8 Ultimate.

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

And to think when they revealed the game almost everyone on here said who the hell was going to buy a full price port of a Wii U game?!

Spoilers - It was everyone because no one bought a Wii U. :lol:

• Upvote 2
22 hours ago, teddymeow said:

That Animal Crossing figure would be higher if it were possible to buy a Switch or Switch Lite too.

Stock everywhere is non-existent.

I did wonder if that was the case. Saw a secondhand Switch for £375 in CEX yesterday.

1 hour ago, El Pibe said:

I did wonder if that was the case. Saw a secondhand Switch for £375 in CEX yesterday.

Blimey Charlie!! That's obscene!!

Just checked Amazon and they list one Coral Pink in stock at an eye-watering £285! Obviously a third party seller but still...

I still need to replace my Switch but it's looking like it's going to be 2021 for that at this rate, at least.

Bravely Default II is the only game on the horizon I'm interested in, with the Xenoblade remaster being the only other one I'm missing out on.

2 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Blimey Charlie!! That's obscene!!

Just checked Amazon and they list one Coral Pink in stock at an eye-watering £285! Obviously a third party seller but still...

you can get a full fat animal crossing one for over £500.

18 hours ago, the_debaser said:

What is odd is everyone is clamouring for these WiiU games but no one bought one. They just don’t know what they missed out on at the time, for a good a few years it was way more essential than either the PS4 or Xbox One. My hours logged on the WiiU dwarf that of the other consoles. 

Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Mario 3D World, Zelda WW, Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker, Pikmin 3. None had peers on the PS4 or Xbox. 

I had this conversation with someone who was laughing about how awful the Wii U was, and I said it was better than the Switch and got treated like an idiot. But literally all the good Nintendo games on the Switch are Wii U ports except Odyssey and Animal Crossing.