IGNORED

Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures

Transient Curse

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thanks, I’m n a queue at Game, estimated for an hour, Amazon appears sold out.

I was in that queue, everything had sold out by the time I got in apart from very overpriced digital only bundles. I can wait thanks.

Just now, layten said:

I was in that queue, everything had sold out by the time I got in apart from very overpriced digital only bundles.

This morning? Shucks - I was going for the disc one with headset and extra controller - so they’ve all gone? :hmm:

Crazy numbers, especially given that the PS5 doesn’t really have that many games yet. It was worth buying for demons souls alone though.

I’m really surprised they’ve stopped making PS4 consoles, I wonder if it would slow down PS5 production.

7 minutes ago, Stanley said:

If anyone is bored of their PS5 give me a shout :lol:

If you see Argos getting another drop, try going into a store. I got one there a couple of weeks ago - the website and app said they were out of stock at all my local branches but, after someone on Twitter suggesting that they had some for bricks-and-mortar retail, I went into my local branch. Searched on one of the tablets in the store and they had PS5 disc editions in stock.

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

Crazy numbers, especially given that the PS5 doesn’t really have that many games yet. It was worth buying for demons souls alone though.

I’m really surprised they’ve stopped making PS4 consoles, I wonder if it would slow down PS5 production.

Yeah worth it for me for Demons & Returnal, but they’re so hard to get! 

I had that problem with Game for weeks before I finally got one.  It is ridiculous that they keep you in a queue even when the stock has gone.  

At the very least they should let you know that you are in a reserve position in the queue for anybody failing to complete their order, should you wish to continue waiting.

6 hours ago, layten said:

I was in that queue, everything had sold out by the time I got in apart from very overpriced digital only bundles. I can wait thanks.

(Almost) everything seems to be coming to PC anyways sooner or later.

In other sales news, Resi Village hit the 5 million mark and is the second fastest RE to do so after RE5.

22 hours ago, Stanley said:

Yeah worth it for me for Demons & Returnal, but they’re so hard to get! 

I got mine from the Curry’s lottery system. You put your name down and if you get randomly selected you’re guaranteed one from the next batch.

2 minutes ago, Broker said:

I got mine from the Curry’s lottery system. You put your name down and if you get randomly selected you’re guaranteed one from the next batch.

Yeah someone offered me a code last week and I stupidly declined because I couldn’t be arsed driving ten miles to Curry’s :doh:

MK8 has now outsold MK Wii:

And Switch is not far behind Wii now either....

Console Hardware Sales (Million) Software Sales (Million)
Wii 101.63 921.85
Nintendo Switch 92.87 681.00

And check out those Ring Fit sales!

Top Ten Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games (as of 30th September 2021):

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 38.74 million
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 34.85 million
  3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 25.71 million
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 24.13 million
  5. Pokémon Sword and Shield - 22.64 million
  6. Super Mario Odyssey - 21.95 million
  7. Super Mario Party - 16.48 million
  8. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 13.83 million
  9. Splatoon 2 - 12.68 million
  10. Ring Fit Adventure - 12.21 million

On 29/10/2021 at 09:30, Broker said:

Is this still a thing? Couldn’t find it on the curry’s site. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ERA yearbook for 2022 is available. ERA is the UK trade body for entertainment retail.

Some fun stuff in there - the average "PC download-to-own" purchase in 2021 was £8.90. Overall videogames revenue declined by 3% vs 2020 (lockdown year). FIFA was the the only title to sell over a million units in the UK last year.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/xbox-series-outsold-playstation-5-in-europe-for-the-first-time-last-month/

The Xbox Series consoles’ monthly sales in Europe were higher than those of the PlayStation 5 for the first time in February.

That’s according to the latest GSD market report (as published by GamesIndustry.biz), which shows that more Xbox Series consoles were sold in Europe than PS5 consoles.

The data covers 10 countries in mainland Europe, but doesn’t include the UK or Germany. However, VGC understands that the Xbox Series X/S also outsold the PS5 in the UK in February.

I doubt anyone thinks this is a sign of momentum swinging Microsofts way but it really shows just how much demand there is out there for these machines and how much trouble companies are having trying to meet that demand. 

Isn't using the both the s and the x against the ps5 a bit of a strange metric?

How many series consoles against ps4 Pro and ps5 would be a "better" comparison (but not really mean much either) wouldn't it?

12 minutes ago, b00dles said:

How many series consoles against ps4 Pro and ps5 would be a "better" comparison (but not really mean much either) wouldn't it?

Anything for a click really... Surprised they didn't also include GamePass equipped PCs in there too! :D 

Think there is still supply issues with PS5's - they seem harder to get than either the Series S or X. Which would like kind of hinder sales a bit I guess on the PS5 side.

The whole world situation has caused all sorts of problems I'm guessing so all figures are skewed a bit. I'm also guessing that its why we are seeing the PS4 continue as a viable platform 18 or so months after the PS5 has been released.

29 minutes ago, b00dles said:

PS4 Pro won't be able to play any games once we are past the cross-gen period whereas both Xbox Series S and X will. PS4 Pro is a last gen console, Series S and X are current gen consoles. Series S will just run current gen games at lower resolution/with less effects than the Series X

Xbox Series S and X vs PS5 digital and physical skus is the only logical comparison, surely? Why would we be including sales of a soon to be obsolete console with PS5 sales?

9 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Anything for a click really... Surprised they didn't also include GamePass equipped PCs in there too! :D 

Think there is still supply issues with PS5's - they seem harder to get than either the Series S or X. Which would like kind of hinder sales a bit I guess on the PS5 side.

The whole world situation has caused all sorts of problems I'm guessing so all figures are skewed a bit. I'm also guessing that its why we are seeing the PS4 continue as a viable platform 18 or so months after the PS5 has been released.

Well yeah, I just sometimes find the way stats are skewed like that as weird as those bar chart 'cheats' you often see. 

Why fucking bother?

If I count all of the sales of the virtual boy against the amount of Sega consoles in my living room then the virtual boy is the best selling console ever!!1!1!