IGNORED

Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures

Transient Curse

And the MonHun port is the game occupying a lot of early adopters time as it is, still much like the 3DS, it seems to be doing better in the homeland than elsewhere comparatively. The 3DS will probably get the next proper DQ game if the rule about where it goes holds true and Horii hasn't died, wonder if he'll insist on another online-centric game.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually can someone explain what is with the UK market?

I saw report the other day that 360 sales are poised to overtake the Wii this year to make it #1 seller this gen in UK (currently it is 200000 units behind) and #3 of all time.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/29/xbox-360-lifetime-sales-set-to-catch-wii-in-uk/

(i know rubbish source but apprarently it is chart track that say so).

Now we always point to US market and say oh well that is 360's home best market etc but there the 360 is still substantially short of Wii numbers. In europe generally PS3 stomps all over 360 let alone the Wii. So why is UK so pro-360?

Scott said in WiiU thread that it is marketing.. and I can see that for teen market Sony really dropped ball there.

APM said it was US influence... now that is obvious. But is the influence so great that the we buy proportionally MORE 360's than event eh US people do and they live there :)

Or is it fact that Wii proportionally sold better in US? More soccer moms on WiiFit perhaps i.e. mroe scope for casual market sales?

One thing is for sure, boyatsea is probably pitching a tent as we speak :)

definitely for teenage boys - Sony doesn't really factor. As I said in another thread, the 15 year old next door had no idea that Assassins Creed (his favourite game) was even available for PS3. He just thought Xbox was best... and so do his mates.

I then explained PS+ to him and he was like 'woah!'

I then explained PS+ to him and he was like 'woah!'

An anecdote about a relative/friend/acquaintance and you DIDN'T extoll virtues of Nintendo untilt hey bought a WiiU for them and their granny....

Jeeze you are going to lose that NDF badge at this rate :):twisted:

EDIT - I have a depressing one.. was in HMV (haha that was depresssing enough!) and persuing WiiU games and teen pointed to Black Ops 2 box and laughed saying why did they bother wii is just for kids (or words to that effect). I punched him in the kidneys til blood seeped out of his mouth and walked off*

* Or I sighed and wandered off to a different aisle

Well - in the same discussion I told him all about ZombiU, a game he hadn't even heard of... and he thought it sounded really cool. I then told him he could play split screen games by using the gamepad for CoD Blops (he didn't know Blops was on WiiU either) and he thought that sounded really cool as well.

Well - in the same discussion I told him all about ZombiU, a game he hadn't even heard of... and he thought it sounded really cool. I then told him he could play split screen games by using the gamepad for CoD Blops (he didn't know Blops was on WiiU either) and he thought that sounded really cool as well.

to be honest you could do with being head of marketing at Nintendo UK.

Cos the bobble head of mario doing the job currently (that can be only explanation for the shite marketing) is obviously not cutting the mustard.

Scott said in WiiU thread that it is marketing.. and I can see that for teen market Sony really dropped ball there.

APM said it was US influence... now that is obvious. But is the influence so great that the we buy proportionally MORE 360's than event eh US people do and they live there :)

Or is it fact that Wii proportionally sold better in US? More soccer moms on WiiFit perhaps i.e. mroe scope for casual market sales?

One thing is for sure, boyatsea is probably pitching a tent as we speak :)

Microsoft have all the bases covered for popular genres on their box, it came out first and Xbox did alright for itself in the UK (~2 Million at least I believe) and they also generously price it below US pricing for some reason, something nobody else does.

I was surprised to read that report, didn't expect the UK to be even more pro-Microsoft than the USA, so that'll be 2 major territories Microsoft will have captured this round, be curious to see if they manage a win anywhere else, I can only see the other English-speaking countries being possibles, though ANZ fell to Sony a while ago, which pretty much leaves Canada as a maybe.

Yeah I think the 360 and PS3 pretty much shared the PS2 base between then. It'll be interesting to see what Microsoft do without another head start though.

Defintiely... and especially if Sony continue PS+ thru to PS4 and market it effectively

Actual game developers are calling the Wii U "a fucking disaster" in my twitter feed. It's not that bad is it?

depends on context.. if they are referring to sales?

maybe not quite as far as that but not great :) and certainly not encouraging 3rd parties to come flocking. Every day seems to bring anoher story about a lack of a WiiU Port (Tomb Raider the latest I think)

Actual game developers are calling the Wii U "a fucking disaster" in my twitter feed. It's not that bad is it?

You mean this ONE guy whose profile is

Personal account of the legend known as Curry Thunder. Senior gameplay designer at BioWare on the next Mass Effect game. Pantless crusader. Sarcastic ass. Hokie

Manveer Heir

The tweet is

"@manveerheir: Well WiiU already sounds like a fucking disaster. Who didn't see that one coming?!"

Hate Nintendo much?

To answer your question - no, it's not that bad... As much as some want it to be

Dunno which thread I posted this in but was talking about the Wii U's visibility at retail - just went to town today and had a quick browse. Wii U is still the most prominent display but HMV have halved their entire videogame space. All the preowned 360/PS3 games now occupy the space the new games did and the new games have one wall. Wii U and Wii have half all the floorspace for games o_O

Tesco's line up was abysmal across the board, looks like they're cutting down as well.

Hard to say it's symptomatic of the Wii U, looks more like a general trend :wacko:

More preowned makes sense. They make higher margins from preowned.

Ultimately they give floor space for two reasons in retail. One, the items will sell a lot/high margins. Two, the space has been paid for. If Wii U games aren't selling well, then that's why. As far as I know, third party ones are doing pretty badly.