rllmuk
Wahwah*

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Animals as leaders are totally boring aren't they. 

Halfway through the new album. It's different but I wouldn't call it "totally boring" lol.

It'd be hard for me to even explain how much I love this band. They sum up all of my frustrations and give me goosebumps.

I've rarely been as disappointed in my life than when they were booked for Belfast and turned up but it turned out that the promoter had scarpered with the cash and they couldn't play.

I'd love to see them live someday.

It's the most beautiful, heartfelt and honest music I can think of.

On 11/11/2016 at 10:02, Mrs Horribleman said:

I would probably concur with this on The Madness of Many, but certainly anything but on Joy of Motion. Shame really, still, new Ion Dissonance isn't far off.

In other news, the new Korn album is fucking good. There, I said it. Catchy as fuck.

• Upvote 1

Saw Wolves in the Throne Room at the Islington Mill in Salford few years back. They spent about 30 mins arranging twigs and candles on the stage before proceeding to melt everyones faces :)

YES!

I only found out about them last week (Metal Hammer's new releases) and they're brilliant.  The vocals are just like Aura Noir! 

I also discovered 'Employed to Serve' at Damnation Festival... really liking this album and they're great live.

On 12/11/2016 at 20:08, Keenor said:

New 'Tallica has leaked. Just listened to Spit Out the Bone... holy shit, goosebumps.

Worth 8 years wait? Not quite, imo. The production is better but there's a lack of urgency in the material. It's not as instant as Death Magnetic but it's still a very good Metallica album. It'll probably grow on me like Anthrax's For All Kings, which I now consider to be the best of the recent Big 4 albums.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 5R7 said:

whats peoples opinon on Bury Tommorow? as i think they are one of Britans best metal bands of the last five years, that dont really seem to get the support they should....or, maybe ive just not seen them get it...

so,e good stuff here too...https://thatdjentyfool.wordpress.com/2016/08/27/10-underrated-british-metal-albums/

Really enjoy their output, solid as fuck Metalcore. They seem to be getting better with each album and I'm pretty sure I've had one of their records in one of my yearly top 10's as well.

Also this ending is epic as fuck son (youtube butchers the mix though).

On 11/11/2016 at 10:02, Mrs Horribleman said:

The new album is great background music for work/gaming.

(Not meant as an insult).

• Upvote 1

On 15/11/2016 at 10:35, Mars said:

The new album is great background music for work/gaming.

(Not meant as an insult).

To expand further, this track is straight out of an 80's brawler:

Rj6AP.gif

• Upvote 1

Straight Outta' New York

Stumbled on this. Remember it being played at various Metal clubs way back when. It hasn't aged well at all, but do like that riff.

• Upvote 1

Metalicas new album is out noooooooooow

I gotta say it's way better and more natural sounding than Death Magnetic.

It's the best thing they've done since before St Anger.

The bad thing to take away from the album is that Kirk Hammett can no longer play guitar. KIrk seems to have found a way during all these years touring to COMPLETELY FORGET HOW TO PLAY A GUITAR. Also the producer and the rest of the band have gone completely insane letting him lay down those PISS POOR solos.

There's video footage of them recording the Black album. He tried to lay down a proper piece of shit solo (like all the solos on this album) but can be seen telling him to fuck off. That night he went back to his hotel and wrote the Unforgiven solo.

I almost feel like making a backing track and doing an alternative version myself.

7 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Metalicas new album is out noooooooooow

I gotta say it's way better and more natural sounding than Death Magnetic.

It's the best thing they've done since before St Anger.

The bad thing to take away from the album is that Kirk Hammett can no longer play guitar. KIrk seems to have found a way during all these years touring to COMPLETELY FORGET HOW TO PLAY A GUITAR. Also the producer and the rest of the band have gone completely insane letting him lay down those PISS POOR solos.

There's video footage of them recording the Black album. He tried to lay down a proper piece of shit solo (like all the solos on this album) but can be seen telling him to fuck off. That night he went back to his hotel and wrote the Unforgiven solo.

I almost feel like making a backing track and doing an alternative version myself.

He's always been crap though. A few actually composed solos aside, he's a widdle widdle wah wah. James' solos are far better. 

Will give the new one a listen over the weekend... although it made me sad that the the title track sounded like a crap Evile :(  It feels weird to be criticising them for falling behind bands that they inspired.

2 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

He's always been crap though. A few actually composed solos aside, he's a widdle widdle wah wah. James' solos are far better. 

Yes James is better. In an elite league ,but almost all the solos from reload down were well written by Kirk. I know I know, pentatonic yawn yawn but they are way above the trash he's done for the last 15 years.