The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

On 03/04/2017 at 15:18, Mars said:

It was very intense, very bass-heavy sound which was overwhelming and Atilla's (in fact all of them) presence was genuinely creepy and ghastly, not something I feel very often at a gig.  No speaking in between songs (apart from a few lines before Freezing Moon), short musical/ambient interludes only.  A message before the start asked for no cameras/phones and (most) people adhered - as a result, it felt like a grotesque sermon and special... in a perverse way.  Very menacing all round, and not something I thought I'd feel at a show again.

I saw this as well in Glasgow last week, yourmini review really sums it up well, it was an incredible experience, ididnt think it could be topped but then Autopsy took to the stage!! Lol

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/10/korn-bassist-tye-trujillo-reginald-arvizu

Some of the comments amused me. 

What were you doing when you were 12? Clumsily finding your way around a real instrument?

Too right I was, arf arf arf.

To be fair whatever bassline he plays in Korn will just sound like a low rumbling fart.

On 05/04/2017 at 17:32, Nathan Wind said:

I can't stop listening to Emperor of Sand.  Roots Remain is incredible.

It left me cold at first, but was only listening to the odd track... then I listened to the whole thing in one go and now I can't stop listening to it. I think it's the best album they've made.

What the fuck. 

Am trying to imagine showing this to my 13 year old self and telling her/me that's supposed to be Linkin Park. My depression would've set on much earlier!

Seriously though, I know it's been going downhill with them for ages but now it's just getting ridiculous. 

Edit: am not even kidding, this song actually made me nauseous :lol:

On 17-4-2017 at 12:45, 5R7 said:

having not listened to while she sleeps until this year, from this very thread :D this is now an album i am reaaaaaaaalllllyyyy looking forward to!

I've just listened to a few tracks of their new album and as someone who's never really paid attention to them before I must say I'm quite surprised! I've really enjoyed what I've heard so far. It's very arena rock at times but that's perfectly fine. Good stuff!

@VN1X ...yeah...i forgot to order it...and it came out the other day *facepalm*. so ordered the signed album off the pledge page. all the stuff they've release so far, ive loved! hell, it even inspired me to go and make a slogan/ tshirt lol, mailny from the lyrics from olis verse to silence sleeps...

I enjoyed it as well! Undefeated stuck out a lot to me during the second listen, but there's tons of great songs on here. Very happy with this :D 

Edit: that one's incredibly poppy though, I think I'll gravitate towards other songs more after a few more listens!

My black metal band Asherah has had a previously-unreleased track featured on an independent UK metal compilation that came out at the weekend. 

Can't figure out how to embed from Bandcamp (if anyone knows then please fill me in) but here's the link to the compilation: 

https://sixsixsixmusic.bandcamp.com/album/deep-underground-england-volume-2

a2228562206_16.jpg

And our contribution is track 11: 

https://sixsixsixmusic.bandcamp.com/track/holocaustic-wastes

It's free to stream on the website and you can pay what you want to download for offline play. 

I won't deny that it's rough but that's what we were going for. :lol: