rllmuk
Wahwah*

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Best melodic death/doom album you'll hear all year. I think I've pimped it before but anyway here it is again

40 minutes ago, ngchol said:

Ah, but what you’ve heard and liked is what someone else might have missed!

What he said. Meanwhile, I've put my albums down, even if I'm somewhat unconvinced about the last three on the list.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

What he said. Meanwhile, I've put my albums down, even if I'm somewhat unconvinced about the last three on the list.

thank you :)

please can you edit your post in the list thread so that it’s just the list? You can always post it here with the quoted post, genre descriptions etc.

27 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Metal thread represent! Apropos of that, here's my metal list:

01 - Hath - Of Rot and Ruin

02 - Target - Deep Water Flames

03 - Borknagar - True North

04 - Lucidity - Oceanum

05 - Fvneral Fvkk - Carnal Confessions

06 - Wilderun - Veil of Imagination

07 - Wormwitch - Heaven That Dwells Within

08 - Exhorder - Mourn the Southern Skies

09 - Vltimas - Something Wicked Marches In

10 - Damim - A Fine Game of Nil

Sub-genre guide:

01 - Brutal, melodic death metal (imagine a brutal version of Opeth with 7-string guitar and no clean singing and you're kind of there)

02 - Progressive death metal (sounds a lot like Hacride if you've heard of them)

03 - Progressive black metal

04 - Melodic death/doom metal

05 - Doom metal

06 - Progressive death (Opeth before they started churning out prog rock rehashes, but with the epic knob turned up to 11)

07 - Melodic black metal

08 - Groove/thrash metal

09 - Blackened death metal

10 - Extreme metal apparently

3 hours ago, Flub said:

Merry christmas

i..wait...wha!?...yeah...YEAH! lol

On 12/12/2019 at 09:16, ngchol said:

Ah, but what you’ve heard and liked is what someone else might have missed!

On 12/12/2019 at 09:57, Talvalin said:

I doubt it, my tastes aren't as niche as I'd like to think :P I'll have a look before the 31st and add to it.

• Upvote 1

On 28/11/2019 at 11:49, Talvalin said:

Late to the party but...

1. My Arms Your Hearse (most probably because it was the first Opeth album I ever heard, but damn)

2. Blackwater Park (maybe it's overrated like Empath, but then maybe so your Mum)

3. Ghost Reveries (although this one is tough. I love Still Life just as much, and Deliverance isn't far behind)

I think I'd agree with that. Pretty much spot on!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Wow this sounds incredible. Going to buy the vinyl. 

Did you get Mizmor or Esoteric's records this year? 

I didn't - would you recommend checking them out?

1 hour ago, strawdonkey said:

I didn't - would you recommend checking them out?

Cairn by Mizmor for sure. It's a mash up of sludge and black metal. Very stark.

Esoteric is more psychedelic funeral Doom. It's excellent. 

And obviously the new Inter Arma. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Wow this sounds incredible. Going to buy the vinyl. 

Did you get Mizmor or Esoteric's records this year? 

If you like Wisdom Through Shame, check out their first album A Celebration of Suffering. 

It's great. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gloomy Andy said:

If you like Wisdom Through Shame, check out their first album A Celebration of Suffering. 

It's great. 

Very much this. A Celebration of Suffering is top-10 all timer material for me.

• Upvote 2

Here's my top 10. Posted in the AotY thread too.

01 - Alcest - Spiritual Instinct

02 - Esoteric - A Pyrrhic Existence

03 - Mizmor - Cairn

04 - Inter Arma - Sulphur English

05 - Clipping. - There Existed an Addiction to Blood

06 - A Pregnant Light - Broken Play

07 - Hath - Of Rot and Ruin

08 - Blut Aus Nord - Hallucinogen

09 - Tomb Mold - Plantary Clairvoyance

10 - Car Bomb - Mordial

• Upvote 1

A quick reminder no.2 in case you missed quick reminder no.1  - the annual RLLMUK music poll is now pinned at the top of the music forum - it's open until 31 December, and it would be brilliant to have your votes! You don’t have to have 10 albums - your vote counts, even if you have just one album you’ve liked this year :)

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/313514-rllmuks-favourite-albums-of-2019-list-thread-open-until-31-december/

So, this year marks the 20th (gasp) anniversary of one of my favourite albums of all time - Clayman by In Flames. Where the heck does the time go...

• Upvote 1

Looks like Fear Factory have finally put up the non-Dino albums on Spotify - wonder if they have figured out their dispute with the others?

New Dragged Into Sunlight released today and, as usual, it is an astonishingly good record. They continue to sound like a spaghetti western in bed with a psycho killer with all taking the fast elevator to hell...

Unfortunately years of disagreement with, allegations of financial mismanagement by, and abuse of the band by their label, Prosthetic Records, came to an end last year with DiS severing all ties. Today's release was without the consent of the band who will receive no  revenue from any sales (which is not  a whole lot more than the £900 odd the band receive in ten years of sales from Prosthetic). 

I suggest streaming it as that should see the label receive the smallest revue  but may well crack and buy a FLAC  copy over the weekend. I'll need to see if I can overcome my qualms at giving money to a label that appears to have treated a vey fine band very badly. If I do then, in the spirit of the band's request that the record be shared, I'll happily forward the file to anyone who wants one.

36 minutes ago, Mike S said:

New Dragged Into Sunlight released today and, as usual, it is an astonishingly good record. They continue to sound like a spaghetti western in bed with a psycho killer with all taking the fast elevator to hell...

Unfortunately years of disagreement with, allegations of financial mismanagement by, and abuse of the band by their label, Prosthetic Records, came to an end last year with DiS severing all ties. Today's release was without the consent of the band who will receive no  revenue from any sales (which is not  a whole lot more than the £900 odd the band receive in ten years of sales from Prosthetic). 

I suggest streaming it as that should see the label receive the smallest revue  but may well crack and buy a FLAC  copy over the weekend. I'll need to see if I can overcome my qualms at giving money to a label that appears to have treated a vey fine band very badly. If I do then, in the spirit of the band's request that the record be shared, I'll happily forward the file to anyone who wants one.

Have they set up a funding page or anything?

18 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

Have they set up a funding page or anything?

I don't think so.

On 09/10/2019 at 11:23, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Next of Kin (De närmast sörjande) is definitely my favourite track on In Cauda Venenum. The strings make it sounds incredibly sinister, like a less brutal Grand Conjuration.

Wasn't too keen on this album, then I gave the Swedish version a go. It's brilliant.

this is totally sing-a-long metal...and ...i love it :D

A quick reminder in case you missed it - the RLLMUK music poll for the best albums of 2010-2019 is open until 16 February, and it would, as always, be brilliant to have your votes! You don’t have to have 20 albums - your vote counts, even if you have just one album you’ve liked from the last decade.

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/314473-rllmuks-favourite-albums-of-the-decade-2010-19-list-thread-open-until-february-16/