rllmuk
Wahwah*

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

@max renn

It is all one building, yes. 

Tips? Pace yourself, remember to eat, earplugs, go see Big Business. 

There's a bunch of us going if you want to experience the full thrill of standing off to the side, nodding semi-enthusiastically and sipping a warm pint. There might even be a pithy comment or two. 

• Upvote 2

Hah sagely advice :) much obliged.

Big Business, Infernal Sea, Mork & Opeth are on my hitlist.

Is it wise to get early into a room beforehand?

For Infernal Sea, definitely, as they're the only band in that time slot. Last year, none of us got into Hundred Year Old Man when they were the only option as people were queuing down the corridors.

Also, it's sold out this year so there might be issues if one band is way more in demand than the other in the same slot, it's happened before. You can usually cram in eventually, mind.

23 hours ago, max renn said:

Laser Pistol :lol:

It's my first time at Damnation fest next weekend Is it all in one building or different venues?

Any tips & tricks for a newb?

23 hours ago, Wintermute said:

@max renn

It is all one building, yes. 

Tips? Pace yourself, remember to eat, earplugs, go see Big Business. 

There's a bunch of us going if you want to experience the full thrill of standing off to the side, nodding semi-enthusiastically and sipping a warm pint. There might even be a pithy comment or two. 

Only thing I'd add is take some time to listen to bands you're not sure on on Spotify or Bandcamp if they've got it. It's saved us from some right clunkers over the years.

• Upvote 2

So , there is a small venue near where i live and ive decided i should go see more live music, so the other day the popped up an event for a gig for next year ...for these guys...im glad i decided to try more music, as they are brilliant! its a kinda hard rock vibe! but i now cant wait to go see a band i had literally never heard of a week ago!

• Upvote 1

Already bought it - supporting new bands and all that.

In other news, Till Lindemann is doing a solo gig at the RoundHouse in Kentish Town on 23rd February 2020.

• Upvote 1

I know I do this every now and then but feel free to watch and like my sons new video.  The effort their putting into this is great for a small band using nothing but their own money and dedication and time. 

• Upvote 5

On 09/11/2019 at 08:40, cassidy said:

I know I do this every now and then but feel free to watch and like my sons new video.  The effort their putting into this is great for a small band using nothing but their own money and dedication and time. 

Thank you! i was thinking the other day about the last vid you shared, but couldn't remember what it was! lol

Still in draft, but my current picks for 2019

Albums/EP

01 - Periphery - Hail Stan

02 - The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Wild Gods
03 - Tool - Fear Inoculum

04 - Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind

05 - Fit for an Autopsy - The Sea of Tragic Beasts

06 - Fire from the Gods - American Sun

07 - I, Valiance - III EP

08 - Jinjer - Macro

09 - After the Burial - Evergreen

10 - Counterparts - Nothing Left to Love

Singles

01 - Polyphia - Look But Don’t Touch

02 - Hacktivist - Reprogram

03 - Veil of Maya - Members Only

04 - Make Them Suffer - Hollowed Heart

Off to see Sick of it All tonight in Glasgow - supported by Cancer Bats and Comeback Kid. Will be standing at the side nodding enthusiastically and observing the mayhem. One of the best live bands I've ever seen, should be good.

• Upvote 2

On 17/11/2019 at 07:55, Bleeders said:

Still in draft, but my current picks for 2019

Albums/EP

01 - Periphery - Hail Stan

02 - The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Wild Gods
03 - Tool - Fear Inoculum

04 - Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind

05 - Fit for an Autopsy - The Sea of Tragic Beasts

06 - Fire from the Gods - American Sun

07 - I, Valiance - III EP

08 - Jinjer - Macro

09 - Car Bomb - Mordial

10 - Counterparts - Nothing Left to Love

Singles

01 - Polyphia - Look But Don’t Touch

02 - Hacktivist - Reprogram

03 - Veil of Maya - Members Only

04 - Make Them Suffer - Hollowed Heart

There's so much I haven't listened to this year. My AOTY is pretty much guaranteed to be Empath by Devin Townsend, but A Dawn To Fear by Cult Of Luna is a strong bastard too.

While I'm here Doom Lovers™ should check out Mount Saturn https://mountsaturn.bandcamp.com/album/kiss-the-ring-ep

• Upvote 1

On 03/10/2019 at 06:08, Horribleman said:

What's their best album then. I know what I think. 

Late to the party but...

1. My Arms Your Hearse (most probably because it was the first Opeth album I ever heard, but damn)

2. Blackwater Park (maybe it's overrated like Empath, but then maybe so your Mum)

3. Ghost Reveries (although this one is tough. I love Still Life just as much, and Deliverance isn't far behind)

As for albums of the year, it's been a bit of a nightmare. I used to do lists and write them on my blog that only I read, but I've missed the past 3 years and now I can't fucking even decide on years in the past when the albums that I still regularly listen to is pretty cut and dried. Bah.

Anyway, current front runners for 2019 include:
Borknagar - True North

Damim - A Fine Game of Nil

Hath - Of Rot and Ruin

Lucidity - Oceanum

Fvneral Fvkk - Carnal Confessions

Wilderun - Veil of Imagination

Vltimas - Something Wicked Marches In

Wormwitch - Heaven That Dwells Within

Cattle Decapitation might show up, but reviews have been mixed and I haven't been entirely convinced by the two singles released so we will see. 

A quick reminder in case you missed it - the annual RLLMUK music poll is now pinned at the top of the music forum - it's open until 31 December, and it would be brilliant to have your votes! You don’t have to have 10 albums - your vote counts, even if you have just one album you’ve liked this year :)

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/313514-rllmuks-favourite-albums-of-2019-list-thread-open-until-31-december/

WHAT EVEN IS THIS!!!!! it came up on a spotify list...i like it..alot! its abit odd

• Upvote 3

Obsessed with this at the moment. Recommend it to anyone who likes Blut Aus Nord (especially The Work Which Transforms God) or Darkspace. 

On 03/12/2019 at 17:08, ngchol said:

A quick reminder in case you missed it - the annual RLLMUK music poll is now pinned at the top of the music forum - it's open until 31 December, and it would be brilliant to have your votes! You don’t have to have 10 albums - your vote counts, even if you have just one album you’ve liked this year :)

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/313514-rllmuks-favourite-albums-of-2019-list-thread-open-until-31-december/

Problem is I rely on end of year lists to tell me what I've missed...

37 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Problem is I rely on end of year lists to tell me what I've missed...

Ah, but what you’ve heard and liked is what someone else might have missed!

• Upvote 2

Best melodic death/doom album you'll hear all year. I think I've pimped it before but anyway here it is again

40 minutes ago, ngchol said:

Ah, but what you’ve heard and liked is what someone else might have missed!

What he said. Meanwhile, I've put my albums down, even if I'm somewhat unconvinced about the last three on the list.

• Upvote 1