IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

• 2 weeks later...

Fine metalheads of 'muk.  Enslaved are streaming a winter solstice live set in 32 hours time.  I fucking adore Enslaved.

Edit - not a live show actually.  Another broadcasting of the streams they did over the summer - 'We are approaching Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year in the Northern hemisphere and a crucial day in the wheel of the year in Northern culture. We invite you to celebrate the rebirth of the sun together with us by gathering in an online event where we together re-watch all the three shows of our Cinematic Summer Tour 2020: Chronicles of the Northbound - with songs from throughout the entire Enslaved discography, chosen through a fan poll earlier this year Below The Lights - the entire album performed in one piece Utgard - The Journey Within - dedicated to some highlights of our most recent album 'Utgard'

Ummmm....the YT page had the wrong date and timer.  It took place last night.

YOU HAD ONE JOB TO DO

Edit - oh well.  There's a 12 part documentary been made about them (up to episode 7 aired so far).  It's an interesting watch. Lots of anecdotes about the early days of the band and the Norwegian scene at the time, so that's something at least.  I particularly like the story from episode 4 about Ivar getting his foot stuck in a flaming bin :lol:.

Timestamped -

Just a quick reminder that the 2020 Favourite Albums list thread is open until the end of 31 December! There's been a brilliant turnout so far, and it can be even better if you add your list in too. It doesn't matter if it's just one album :)

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/319013-rllmuks-favourite-albums-of-2020-list-thread-open-until-31-december/

On 22/12/2020 at 18:59, moosegrinder said:

Raised By Owls have gathered a veritable feast of Steven of extreme metal vocalists to cover traditional Christmas dirgefest "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

https://raisedbyowls.bandcamp.com/track/do-they-know-its-christmas

£1 to you guv and it all goes to charideeeeeee (Crisis to be specific).

amazing

although the bridge still isn't as heavy as it could be. It proper slaps on the original in a way no metal cover has been able to capture :lol: 

11 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Anyone still pining for earlier Opeth might find this to their liking. I heard this track then spent £30 on the CD from Australia. 

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qZnuaWD3ZVs

https://youtu.be/qZnuaWD3ZVs

I just did a test link on Chrome mobile and it embedded automatically but there's something weird going on with the forum, I tried to delete it and it just kept deleting then reinstating the same bit of the link.

Some Deathcore from Brand of Sacrifice. Stumbled on these through a reaction video and it ticked the BLERGHS and Breakdown boxes.

The video has some chuckle-worthy comments as well, so they get points for eliciting that kind of a response too!

On 04/01/2021 at 13:03, moosegrinder said:

This one hurt far more than I expected, really bummed me out :(Spent the last week reminding myself of Bodom and Alexi's awesomeness. Restrung my more metal guitar and have been relearning a bunch of Bodom licks I'd long forgotten.

On 15/01/2021 at 00:05, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I'm on a massive Rhapsody kick at the moment, there's something about Christopher Lee's bassy as fuck delivery of 'but with no time to think about black geometry they leaped into the red river below' which makes it the greatest and most ridiculous line in all of history. Love it

On a related note, I seem to have finally clicked with Blind Guardian and I've been listening to the classic era albums (Somewhere Far Beyond all the way to A Night at the Opera) plus the carbon copy band Savage Circus, whose singer is a dead ringer for Hansi Kürsch. 

It's cheesy at times but the vocals carry both bands far, and those albums in particular don't hit the overly produced garbage level that I generally associate with European power metal.