IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

On 04/01/2022 at 14:27, moosegrinder said:

Because I'm easily distracted I've only got through like 4 albums:

Tardigrada- Vom Bruch bis Zur Freiheit: this was fine. It didn't really stir anything in me but I didnt dislike it.

Flusteraars- Gegrepen Door de Geest der Zielsontluiking: this was like hardcore/black metal? The second song sold me more, but I wasn't fussed about the 20 minute-er.
Ethereal Shroud- Trisagion: Yeah, this is good. Melodic. Like it. VERY long though.
Grey Aura- Zwart Vierkant: I didn't really dig this, I won't lie. I stopped about 3 songs in. EDIT: I've got it on now so I can make a more informed judgement of it.

Working through the rest as we speak.

So far I collated lists from about 10 sites and came up with 160 albums. I've made playlists for albums that appeared 4+ times and 3 times. I'll work on 2 and 1 when I get chance.

Part two of @Lovelyman's list.

Listened to Grey Aura again and it just did nothing for me.

Veilburner - Lurkers in the Capsule of Skull - Cannot get on with this. Just when I think something is going to hook me I just descends into repetitiveness.

Universally Estranged - Reared up in Spectral Predation - same as above unfortunately. I just couldn't catch onto anything to keep me interested.

Sulphurous- The Black Mouth of Sepulchre - I didn't last one track :(

Logistic Slaughter- Lower Forms of Life - this was groovy and short, but the pig squeals put me off. Not a fan of them.

Spectral Wound- A Diabolic Thirst - I really liked this. It had hooks. Yeah, enjoyed it.
Woman is the Earth- Dust of Forever - I also enjoyed this, for the same reasons as Spectral Wound. It's quite blackgazey but also something else.

I think the problem I had with the albums on this list I didn't like is not that they were bad, it's just they were to brutal for me. I'm not a fan of blasts and harsh vocals if there's nothing else for my brain to latch onto so they tend to wash over me without leaving an impression. Sorry if it seems like I've been overly negative, I do massively appreciate these lists as you never know what you've missed and may find buried in there. I'm going to move onto @Bleeders now and see if anything shakes loose.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Part two of @Lovelyman's list.

Listened to Grey Aura again and it just did nothing for me.

Veilburner - Lurkers in the Capsule of Skull - Cannot get on with this. Just when I think something is going to hook me I just descends into repetitiveness.

Universally Estranged - Reared up in Spectral Predation - same as above unfortunately. I just couldn't catch onto anything to keep me interested.

Sulphurous- The Black Mouth of Sepulchre - I didn't last one track :(

Logistic Slaughter- Lower Forms of Life - this was groovy and short, but the pig squeals put me off. Not a fan of them.

Spectral Wound- A Diabolic Thirst - I really liked this. It had hooks. Yeah, enjoyed it.
Woman is the Earth- Dust of Forever - I also enjoyed this, for the same reasons as Spectral Wound. It's quite blackgazey but also something else.

I think the problem I had with the albums on this list I didn't like is not that they were bad, it's just they were to brutal for me. I'm not a fan of blasts and harsh vocals if there's nothing else for my brain to latch onto so they tend to wash over me without leaving an impression. Sorry if it seems like I've been overly negative, I do massively appreciate these lists as you never know what you've missed and may find buried in there. I'm going to move onto @Bleeders now and see if anything shakes loose.

That's totally cool, I don't expect to have the same taste as everyone, and also music has been weird this year.

I'm happy that my list made you check them out, and at least find one or two that you might come back to!

Hahaha! Divisive! :P

In contrast I'm listening to the new Architects on Bleeders list and had to go to my iTunes to check out what they used to sound like because this does not sound like how I remember Hollow Crown sounding. Then I realised that was 13 years old and I crumbled to dust.

This is like Pendulum decided to go emo but stopped off for some djent on the way. And I dig it.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Talvalin said:

You lot need to be listening to the new Amorphis, Immolation and Hath albums by the way. Just saying.

Agree. Amorphis are just on the good edge of poppy metal with harsh vocals. It helps that they are incredibly tight and get how to songs together. Plus a great vocalist. 

4 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

even by Canadian power metal standards this is a ridiculous band but the singer has a fucking hell of a voice.

ev

Yes, it's utterly ridiculous and as such is ace.

Going through the list of shit released so far brought up these Skeletonwitch-a-likes but I'm digging it.

https://vorgaband.bandcamp.com/album/striving-toward-oblivion-black-metal