The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

Apparently there's enough interest to get some name players on onboard in place of the departed members. I wonder if Zakk Wylde was too expensive until they had more interest from promotors, etc. 

https://www.loudersound.com/news/zakk-wylde-and-charlie-benante-confirmed-for-guitarist-and-drummer-roles-in-pantera-reunion?utm_content=metal-hammer&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social

30 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

The original sucks so it can’t be that hard. 

Any other hot takes you'd like to share with us to get them out of the way? For example, Iron Maiden are also overrated perhaps?

8 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Oh damn i forgot discussion wasn’t allowed on a forum. 

That wasn't a discussion. That was a contrary opinion verging on a shitpost.

If you had intended to kick off a discussion, starting with a slightly less inflammatory statement might have done the trick. For example:

"Iron Maiden's 80s run of albums were brilliant but there was a steep drop off in quality from "No Prayer for the Dying" onwards. I'm not even a fan of the original "Fear of the Dark" song to be honest. <insert reasons here>."

If you truly want to discuss something, then perhaps try writing something that can be responded to with words instead of :huh: or :lol:

Thinking Pantera are overrated and Fear of the Dark is crap is hardly a contrarian opinion. 

I don’t need to validate my opinion with some platitudes about liking Seventh Son or something. 

What’s next? Lamb of God?

There’s so much great metal these days but no one seems bothered to discuss anything in here anyway. 

2 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

There’s so much great metal these days but no one seems bothered to discuss anything in here anyway. 

That is a fair point.

Recently I've been listening to quite a few few bands from Chile, all of whom are surprisingly excellent and no doubt I will never ever see play live.

Inanna - Void of Unending Depths (progressive death)

Rotten Tomb - Visions of a Dismal Fate (OSDM)

Mental Devastation - The Delusional Missy of the Self (Pt 1) (technical thrash)

Critical Defiance - No Life Forms (thrash)

I am still undecided about the Critical Defiance album. It's not bad but the band's more straight up form of ripping thrash isn't hitting the spot in the way that the more progressive/technical Mental Devastation album does. I guess that's just I roll with my modern day thrash.

The first two on the other hand are on my AOTY list for certain. The first is a form of progressive death that reminds me of The Chasm without actually sounding much like them. Eh. I'm bad at describing music.

Rotten Tomb is doing absolutely nothing new, but they do it so well that I'm willing to overlook that minor fault.

26 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

That is a fair point.

Recently I've been listening to quite a few few bands from Chile, all of whom are surprisingly excellent and no doubt I will never ever see play live.

Inanna - Void of Unending Depths (progressive death)

Rotten Tomb - Visions of a Dismal Fate (OSDM)

Mental Devastation - The Delusional Missy of the Self (Pt 1) (technical thrash)

Critical Defiance - No Life Forms (thrash)

I am still undecided about the Critical Defiance album. It's not bad but the band's more straight up form of ripping thrash isn't hitting the spot in the way that the more progressive/technical Mental Devastation album does. I guess that's just I roll with my modern day thrash.

The first two on the other hand are on my AOTY list for certain. The first is a form of progressive death that reminds me of The Chasm without actually sounding much like them. Eh. I'm bad at describing music.

Rotten Tomb is doing absolutely nothing new, but they do it so well that I'm willing to overlook that minor fault.

Great! Me being a grump has engendered a discussion. 

I’ve heard of Inanna, and i need to get time to listen to it properly. The others I don’t think I’m aware of. I’ll give them a listen. 

The weather at the moment is not very conducive to listening to metal for me though. 

accidentality opened media player earlier...remembered that i have a massive collection of MP3s!!!... have now listened through to The Wildhearts Must be destroyed, and ARCHITECTS All our gods have abandoned us...its been a good listening evening! :D

On 30/07/2022 at 22:52, watusi said:

Thought I'd randomly share a video from my (2nd) cousins band, he's the drummer.

really, randomly share...randomly share one of the best British metals bands right now!?!?! sure 😛

17 hours ago, 5R7 said:

really, randomly share...randomly share one of the best British metals bands right now!?!?! sure 😛

Haha, you got me there! :) It's not really my cup of tea TBH. 

On 05/08/2022 at 08:29, Talvalin said:

Former members of earthtone9 have started up a new band and their first single is out:

I was coming in here to post this - glad someone else did :)

The new Machine Head album is better than anyone could have predicted. What a time for them to find form, especially with me going to see them in a 550 capacity venue a week on Sunday. I don't know if my 44 year old body is going to be ready for this. 

23 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

The new Machine Head album is better than anyone could have predicted. What a time for them to find form, especially with me going to see them in a 550 capacity venue a week on Sunday. I don't know if my 44 year old body is going to be ready for this. 

Quite the band for releasing a banger after years of shite. This must be their third resurgence at this point no? 

(I may be talking nonsense - I didn’t really follow along after The Blackening). 

I will listen to the new one.