IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

Most modern tech death metal bores me to tears, but Soreption take their cues from Decapitated and Necrophagist and it shows. More importantly, it works. Some of the symphonic bits and breakdowns could have been better (or just left out) but daaaaamn.

I think I like a bit of everything really, thrash, industrial (especially Ministry/RevCo & KMFDM) and just straight rock like AC/DC. But I'm definitely at the mainstream end. I still prefer 90s Megadeth to 80s Megadeth (I love both though). And my daughter is now into stuff like Bring Me The Horizon who I think are musically fine but I can't stand the screamo vocals. I'm basically the heavy metal equivalent of a cardigan wearing grandad saying "I like a nice tune where you can hear the words".

Some stuff I've been into lately:

(dat f00kin t0ne!)

And some "Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal"

Try 'The Hunter' which is their most recent release. New album from them also due this year :)

Fabulous advice. I just bought it and it's most excellent. They make interesting music. I like interesting music with lots of layers. The sort of music where you pick out something you hadn't heard each time you listen to it. Tool, Arcturus, later Enslaved....and now, Mastodon.

See now...this song is fantastic -

I've been listening to that new Conan a lot and it's pretty much one long, groovy and hypnotising brown note piped into your ears. Marvelous. The vinyl has been ordered, I'm just going to check next door are out and lie on the floor next to my sub whilst it spins.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

The Babymetal album is "out there". It's absolutely fucking amazing, and I say that without hyperbole or sarcasm.

Just found out about the release of the Baby Metal album today. Got it all bought on iTunes and am now listening. First track is certainly not what I was expecting from their past output. Very nice

Hello peeps, just thought you might wanna know that I'l be presenting a live pre-launch solo show (before the actual launch with my co-host and proper jingles etc) at http://www.circusmaximus.co.uk to test everything out. It'll be a laid back show mostly with obvious stuff (Priest, Alice etc) to start, though it will have some more obscure thrashy stuff too like Gama Bomb and Mutant. You're all welcome to listen! It's at 3pm today. :)

New Coffinworm is incoming. It seems as if my tolerance for doom is increasing, but this starts off with a crushing riff before going into a melodic arpeggio type riff that sounds like a different song for a moment. I'm still deciding what I think about it, but so far it's pretty fucking good.

https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/coffinworm-lust-vs-vengeance-1