The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Wahwah*

Fuck it, I may as well ask here.

So, I have two tickets for the DTP/Ziltoid gig on Monday April 10th. I'm in Tokyo for work, which was a dream come true, but at the price of missing a special Devin gig again (I missed the Retinal Circus gig due to a wedding).

They're stalls tickets in one corner (O I think) so right near the stage. It should be epic, so if any of you are free and interested, send me a PM. :)

^^^ Monday April 13th, that is.

Hmm, we've already got ours but if your seats are better (I can't remember what we've got) then I might be interested. Don't hold them for me, if anyone else wants them then go ahead. I'll PM you if I decide to make you an offer.

Despite being a bit apprehensive, I'm quite excited about the Ziltoid show. If I didn't have tickets already I'd be all over that!

I'm not really sure what to make of it though. I prefer the first Ziltoid album, so fingers crossed it wont just be a playthrough of Z2 with puppets... I'm just hoping Z2 will work better on the stage than it does as a record. I love Devin, but I do think Z2 is probably one of his worst records.

Seriously? I love every ridiculous over-the-top minute of it. (I may of course be predisposed to like it because I'm on it.)

I'm hoping Jericho will be playing Captain Spectacular live on stage. Fozzy isn't on tour then so it's possible...

Meh. The songs just aren't as good. There is nothing on Dark Matters that comes close to Color Your World and The Greys.

Devin was excellent! So were Shining and Periphery. I just realised I've seen all the bands before on separate occasions but it was still fab, flu and all. Also the lamest circle pit I've ever been in, for which I massively apologise. I've got a bit of an infection but, yeah.

I saw Periphery last night.

A lot of kids there. Very few of them drinking. What has happened to the world?

Anyway, was a good show in a fairly crap venue. Playing with no amps directly through a PA is fine if the venue has a PA powerful enough for it... But they were tight and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

The singer looked like a complete berk though.

I've seen Periphery twice now, both times opening for Devin Townsend Project. They're clearly very good at what they do, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me. I like the bits that sound like Meshuggah (but I'd rather listen to Meshuggah) but I don't really like the singer's voice.

I don't particularly dislike them, but I do wish they'd been on first and Shining (NO) had been on second.

I like Periphery a lot, but the missus didn't really enjoy it very much. The musicianship is great, it's catchy and a bit of fun. Not a huge fan of the vocals, but what can you do?

It's all about Monuments though, who have the old Periphery vocalist. His voice is so much nicer.

Here is Chris with Periphery pretending to be Michael Jackson.

And the old Periphery drummer, just for shits and giggles. Travis Orbin... He is ridiculously good and it is a huge shame he never featured on their albums.

I proper dig that Arcturus track. It's got some excellent space noises going on.

I think it's perfect, Arcturus are incredible. So happy that the band is still putting out music.

Has it grown on you Horribleman? And are you going to their London show? (May 7th).

I think it's perfect, Arcturus are incredible. So happy that the band is still putting out music.

Has it grown on you Horribleman? And are you going to their London show? (May 7th).

I haven't listened again. Doing so now. I'll check but I think I'm free then. Been looking for a gig so I'll see if I can get tickets. If so let's meet for a beer!

I like Periphery a lot, but the missus didn't really enjoy it very much. The musicianship is great, it's catchy and a bit of fun. Not a huge fan of the vocals, but what can you do?

It's all about Monuments though, who have the old Periphery vocalist. His voice is so much nicer.

Spencer is my fav. :angry:

I mean listen to this! Dat vocal range son.

I haven't listened again. Doing so now. I'll check but I think I'm free then. Been looking for a gig so I'll see if I can get tickets. If so let's meet for a beer!

I'm also going to this gig, so would be up for a beer or something. At the last Arcturus gig in London (last year?) I went by myself and whilst it was a great gig, it was also mildly lonely. :(

Spencer is my fav. :angry:

I mean listen to this! Dat vocal range son.

He is obviously talented and can pull it off live, but it's just not to my taste at all.

He also looks like a complete twat. Purple hair and weird ass Victorian boots? The guy is at least 30...

And in really sad news, Death's bassist is um dead. I know there's a lot of love for their later techincal stuff (more of that in a moment) but c'mon does it get any more mental or better than Open Kasket?

Sound of Perseverance has always been where it's at for me (which is the one the late Scott Clendenin is on). I do love Symbolic and Individual Thought Patterns too (because Gene Hoglan).

I saw Death To All (Human lineup, Reinert/Masvidal/DiGiorgio) in London a couple of years ago and they were unbelievable. Really looking forward to seeing them again at Bloodstock this year - apparently the current touring lineup is DiGiorgio plus Hoglan and Bobby Koelble who played on Symbolic.