IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Wahwah*

The band have since issued a statement:

To our fans, friends and family, and everyone else who has reached out in light of Justin's recent statement. We genuinely appreciate your support and concern.

This is a very sad and hurtful situation for us to grasp, and unfortunately it is one we still don't fully understand.

Our dear friend, our brother onstage and off, has fallen into a very broken state of mind. A state that, despite our continued efforts, we have been powerless to get him out of.

We are very sorry we haven't made a statement until now, but there is reasoning behind our decision. Early yesterday after he made the post, he went missing for the entire day. He was in minimal contact with only a few people over the phone, and the information we gathered from them gave us reason to believe he was unsafe in his current state of mind. We were on our phones all day with family, friends, and local authorities trying to regain control of the situation. We felt it was definitely not the appropriate time for us to make a statement, in fear that it may escalate things further. Fortunately, he's back home now. He's safe and in the care of his family.

The context of his words and the thoughts he expressed came with as much surprise to us as it did to anyone, including his family and closest friends. These are thoughts he has kept hidden from everyone very well until now, and it's so very unfortunate he felt he couldn't reach out and talk to someone about the things that were affecting him before it got to this point.

Justin is ill, and right now he needs more than ever to be shown that the world is not against him. He needs support and love from everyone, and to know that we only want what's best for him. We will continue to support him and his family as best we can through this tough time.

We must ask that, out of respect for friends and family, you refrain from making any comments or speculations about what's going on. We ask also that you respect the privacy of everyone involved while we work through this.

Mental illness is a very serious matter, and we are treating it as such. If you or anyone you know may be suffering from a mental illness, the time to find help is now.

Thank you,

After The Burial

Poor duder. Still looking forward to their next album though. Wolves Within was a fun record!

ATB's guitarist clearly isn't well and I hope he gets the support he needs, 'A Wolf Amongst Ravens' is a great track. That album is pretty good as it goes.

New BtBaM is truly a work of art. 'King Redeem / Queen Serene' is my favourite track at the moment, it changes daily though.

In other news, new August Burns Red is out on Monday and they just dropped this.

http://youtu.be/eCsYZrOp7F4

Don't know who this chap is but his videos are pretty funny.

I can't explain in normal terms the difference between 'core/djent and metal bands in any coherent way and why 'core/djent bands are a complete turn off for me.

types of headbanging

Sorry for the late reply!

I have no idea what any of this means. :lol:

It would be my first guitar yes and I wouldn't get to play it first (mail-order). I've had some lessons back when I was younger for the acoustic side of things but basically I'm a total noob these days.

And yes metal would be the genre of choice.

I reposted this over in the guitar thread and replied there :)

Best news last week was this... I freaking love John Browne.

VN1X, see Skyharbor have a new vocalist? Dan has left. Not my bag I'm afraid!

Knock on effect is no more Anup (drummer) either as he wanted to commit to Intervals... but in a cruel twist of fate has also been thrown out of Intervals because the guitar player wants to be the frontman of an instrumental band and the other guys weren't keen (wanted to have vocals). The various statements around the Intervals stuff is pretty funny, Aaron (guitar player) clearly has a bit of an ego, but he wrote basically everything and the new record has Travis Orbin on drums - so that's cool.

I really wish Intervals would continue with the same line up from the previous record. Such a good album that. I never thought much of their (his?) instrumental stuff though. That's a bit of a problem in the 'djent scene'. At some point it just all sounds the same. At least with vocals you can sort of create an identity of your own or build around it (for better or worse).

Anyway, fucking bands and their vocalists man! There have been so many frontman and line-up issues as of late with all of these prog/djent bands that it's kind of frustrating. The new Skyharbor guy sounds alright but he's no Dan Tompkins!

I really hope The Human Abstract get together at one point to do another Digital Veil album. God that was utterly incredible stuff.

Ha Mithras are a local band, I remember going to a few gigs of Raynor's previous group Reprisal. A particular highlight being the track "deteriorating mind " :). Wish I could find that online.

Here's non themed selection of tunes:

spot the r-type boss riff.

New David Maxim Micic album on July 12th.

He promised a trailer last week, but he has disappeared from the internet... Seriously excited about this release, so little information about any of it - he hasn't even said who the various guest will be, never mind what it will sound like (aside from the obvious Devin-esque/Djent/Prog mashup). Can't wait.

Have some of his last album...

Just read this on Urban Dictionary. :lol:

Repentagram

A symbol made by the heaviest Christian band ever, Impending Doom. Often confused with a pentagram at first glance; it is really a combination of the latter word and 'repent'. It vaguely resembles a cross within, yet; it was all made up as a joke. See Goreship.
Mother: Why does that guy have a pentagram on his shirt??!!??
Son: Relax, mom. It's a REPENTagram.