The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Wahwah*

this is a new fear factory track

Check out the "missheard lyrics"(actual lyrics) by Missheard Lyrics in the comments section

"My piss haunted Hover power jew My piss does hurt Awake cat makes fro I will never pray Horse, your fur, your hay Foal and your my friend Die electric train ."

And the new album streaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgVT1MjnXOg

~sounds good to me. Just not liking the title track or church of execution after it.

Its chart tastic pop metal. And its rad. No surprises. Except donkey kong and streetfigher 4.

I like that Bruce seems to be singing more within his range in all areas of the song.Maybe its that maybe he's just on form. Just doesnt sound as strained as "recent "stuff. Really hyped for the album now.

Its maiden.. its a bit run of the mill but you can't expect Number of the Beast from them any more obviously.

I liked it but it sounded a bit over produced guitar-wise.

I thought Bruce's voice sounded weaker and strained.. but then I haven't listened to new Maiden since 7th son of a 7th son ;):D

I feel like Bruce's solo output and x- factor (yes really) set the bar pretty high for most of what has followed. Loved a great deal of the Final frontier, but just find the albums hard to listen to all the way through , like with the classics. Some of the songs arent too long I think, just too stodgy. With lyrics that just start listing things: "And the lambs, and the country, and the cars and the guns, and the railroads and the future, and the indians and the lands." From a matter of life and death.

Great stuff but I don't like the vocals.

Check out his bandcamp - http://davidmaximmicic.bandcamp.com/ - his previous release in July (Ego) is basically instrumental outside of some really crazy Serbian scatman style stuff (!!!) on one track.

He works with loads of different vocalists, Miyoki is only on the one track.

My favourite is this with Aleksandra Djelmas pretending to be metal Bjork. Then there is an epic Jeff Loomis guitar solo at the end.

The gimmick outfits has always put me off Ghost. But I have been giving them a go and I'm coming round to it. It's pretty OTT, and I like that.

My new complaint would be that from initial listening the drumming seems a bit... basic. Am I wrong?

Ghost have always just been about catchy melodies while worshipping our lord and saviour Satan. They just want to capture the masses and so far they seem to be succeeding in that. At least in that they're a relatively new band and already have millions of YT views.

The band is there to support the singing. Everything is pared back to bring the choral, layered vocals to the fore to - as VN1X correctly points out - hail Satan.

I have listened to Cirice at least another six times today. Great song.

Edit: gone back to Infestissumam on the way home from work and the bass lines seem vastly more intricate. New bassist for the new album, do you reckon?