The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Wahwah*

The new Iron Maiden album has leaked. I've got the vinyl preordered from Amazon (With free mp3 match which is nice) but it's always good to hear it as soon as possible.

I wasn't sold on first listen of the first single so we'll see.

Flub you got my hopes up!

I love Maiden. I can't wait for the inevitable tour too. Going to take my kids to their first gig :)

And I love how fighting in this thread is a snarky comment. I've never known a metal thread have so much 'core and djent and not descend into chaos!

Flub you got my hopes up!

I love Maiden. I can't wait for the inevitable tour too. Going to take my kids to their first gig :)

And I love how fighting in this thread is a snarky comment. I've never known a metal thread have so much 'core and djent and not descend into chaos!

That's the thing with Metal though, it's already a 'sub genre' but then in that sub genre you have even more sub sub genre's. We go deep son! But hey, variety is the spice of life or something like that so it's all good.

That plus I'm the only posting. :P

jbv8zxLKWMGu2R.png

What's happened to Twinbee? He popped up in the lego thread, used to post a lot of good stuff in the metal thread.

I need to post more. I find it hard to write about music other than 'cor blimey, this stuffs good'. I've tried but when I read it back it's guff :) I feel like I should be able to because all I do is listen to music all day!

Something more VN1X's style perhaps (with a suitably awful bandname too ;)) - a French Gojira/Meshuggah mash-up of some description

Meanwhile, Dodheimsgard is continuing to blow my tiny mind into pieces, though shorter, more easily digestible songs wouldn't have gone amiss.

Hello! I lurk these days. Parenting and self-employment severely limits my time for forums, sadly. Plus I'm a lot more out of touch than I used to be.

I should really do a write-up of Temples Festival, which, on-balance, was the best festival I'd ever been to (in my 20th year of festival-going!).

Anyway, in the meantime, have some Mantar – a German noise rock 2-piece. Like a black-tinged Fudge Tunnel or something. Really, really good.

That's a massive shame about Deafheaven. I was going to go, but didn't in the end as I couldn't be arsed to wait 4 hours after work by myself.

In other news, the new Clutch artwork is superb!

post-1482-0-38360100-1440580230_thumb.jp

EDIT: The new Sword is out. Very nice so far. Much more mellow and 70s ZZ Top than heavy riffage and less crazy use of crash cymbals. In fact, it sounds like the whole band have turned down a few notches on their amps.

the-sword-high-country.jpg