The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Wahwah*

The new BMTH leaked and again seems like a big step up for them when compared to everything before Sempiternal. I get that I'm in the super minority here that digs them and I too thought they were shit in the past but Sempiternal definitely turned that around for me. Which is kind of ironic as now more than ever they're moving away from the typical Metal/Deathcore that they became famous for.

I can see why the hardcore fans of the old BMTH don't dig this though as it's basically 30STM type stuff but I massively prefer this over their old material. It's catchy and boasts some actual songwriting behind it, I like it! Glad I pre-ordered. :)

Basically what i just came to say lol... its reallllly good!...and i hated the first two albums! but loved the l;ast one!?

The new BMTH album is great, Doomed aside which I really dislike. True Friends, Throne (fucking love this, it sounds like a cut from Sempiternal and it's just a banging track), Drown (going to be so good live) and Blasphemy are all brilliant. I've had it on repeat since Tuesday. For what it's worth, I hated their early stuff, it was just badly done, imo. Sempiternal is probably one of my favourite albums of recent years.

In other news, where is Bojangle?

I'm alive and well! Just not really posting on the forum that much any more. Having a baby, your old dog dying and then buying a new Shetland Sheepdog puppy will drastically cut down your forum interest and time! :)

I'm out. You can tell they've pretty much exhausted their creative abilities and it's all by the numbers now. Even though the first few records might have been rushed or whatever they came from the heart and felt like they actually had something to say.

Now it's all "Snap your necks to this!" and then proceed into a flat breakdown. And what's with the constant gang vocals, are they on every track now? Very uninspiring stuff so far and perhaps the biggest disappointment of the year for me. I know their heart is in the right place and they're absolute legends but this new 'Festival Drive' is not for me. Perhaps that when I get my hands on the full thing I'll turn around but so far I'm not impressed.

I want my angsty PWD back. :(

The 21yo VN1X went hard on this yo.

I saw Haken and Between The Buried and Me last night. Great gig.

Haken opened (I think.. I was in the pub until their stage time) and totally smashed it. Never seen them before and will definitely go to a headline show. Any band that can play a 19 minute long prog epic (Crystallised - check it out) that tight deserves respect. I was loving it.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen BTBAM, but I think every UK tour headline or support (and single London only shows) since Alaska came out (!!!). Anyway, they were great and finished the set with Bohemian Rhapsody. Which was more fun than when I actually saw Queen (with some poncy American singer) perform it.