IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

Transient Curse

Also I did not expect HBIH giving Shokran's new LP a 5/5 after hearing the new album preview. :o

Exodus is such a step up from Shokran’s already-great debut Supreme Truth that it’s almost surprising. In some sense, the DNA is still there: the middle eastern influence, clean singing and screaming over tight, memorable riffs. However, here we see them doubling down on everything. Exodus is a concept album about, well, The Book of Exodus. This also shows up in terms of musical influences, increasing the prominence of synths to make the sound a lot denser. Guitarist and founder Dmitry Demyanenko has also vastly developed his writing and playing. The album flows as a perfect whole, and every moment is incredibly memorable. Each song has its own character, its own moments that define it and set it out. Yet, somehow, they all complement each other, becoming essential parts of a whole. It feels like every niche of the sound has been covered, from slow ballads to energetic chugging fests and technical, grandiose showstoppers. Instrumentally, Shokran have always been solid, but the jump in quality is notable. The album is chilling from the first note to the last, rarely do albums feel so calculated. Not a single note is wasted, and every note that is there feels like it’s the only possible choice.

Perhaps it's the Born of Osiris we ( @Bojangle @Bleeders and @Talvalin? sorry I forget) we always wanted after The Discovery. 

On 9/1/2016 at 18:07, Nathan Wind said:

Anyone want to be my friend at the Clutch gig in Manchester in December? Don't leave a simple country lad to fend for himself in the big scary city. I'm nice. Honest.

The other half and myself will be there, you're more than welcome to join us! Most likely standing somewhere near the back, sipping over-priced lager and nodding vigorously because we're too old for anything else.

@Mars, be cool if you could make it too. Been a while!

I'm trying to find an old rock video and hope someone can help. I think it was out mid to late nineties (or at least around the time stuff like Drowning Pool - Bodies was getting played on music tv stations)

In the video, the band are playing in some kind of medical facility and as they play there is this large creature (bloke) with a huge tall head just wandering around and I think keeps just doing open mouthed screams at the band members. Not much to go on I know!

Been sat for an age now looking on Youtube but can't find it anywhere. Cheers

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

I'm trying to find an old rock video and hope someone can help. I think it was out mid to late nineties (or at least around the time stuff like Drowning Pool - Bodies was getting played on music tv stations)

In the video, the band are playing in some kind of medical facility and as they play there is this large creature (bloke) with a huge tall head just wandering around and I think keeps just doing open mouthed screams at the band members. Not much to go on I know!

Been sat for an age now looking on Youtube but can't find it anywhere. Cheers

Sounds like this. But not sure

I like how Devy now makes it so you can create your own album with his extras disk. Gave me an album worth of entertainment. Most of those demos are really really nice.

Today it was:

Failure, Offer your Light, Gump, Support the Cause, Into the Sun, time Overload, Lexus, Monkeymind.

And out of nowhere a new Insomnium album appears! :o

From wikipedia:

On 19 May 2016, Insomnium announced their seventh studio album, Winter's Gate to be released on 23 September. It is a concept album consisting of a single epic 40-minute track, and it is said to be about “a group of Vikings who set out to find a fabled island west of Ireland, despite the treacherous winter drawing near.”

Here have some Mass Effectcore.

Been listening to the album for the past few days and while it's all very familiar stuff I just can't stop coming back to it. The production is killer and it reminds me of early Northlane where they sometimes throw out any sort of structure in favour of random drumming and low tuned guitars (which can be both good or bad things, depending on yer tastes). It's not all that special and feels very safe but still enjoyable none the less. 

Saw Black Peaks and HECK last night at a small club venue and it was insane! HECK especially are absolutely batshit mental. :lol: Reminded me loads of The Chariot and DEP live. Highly recommended if you get the chance.

Absolutely loved Black Peaks live too, they've an upcoming show in Brighton at which they're playing the Statues album in full - I'm incredibly tempted to make the trip from Copenhagen for it. :lol:

I have to say I haven't been too impressed by Metallica's latest output. Death Magnetic was decent when it came out (aside for the mixing), but I think that's partially because St. Anger was so bad. These couple of songs so far are really just more of the same, which is disappointing for an 8-year wait. I'd still take anything Black Album-and-previous any day.

On an unrelated note, I was pleased to see that a great band I'd only heard of this year - Shadowmind - have confirmed they are working on new material after it looked like they'd gone quiet for a few years. This is from their most recent S/T album: