IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Just a quick message to anyone else who like me fooked up on the claiming the free XL registration program game (I'd registered my XL but thought I had till the 31st to claim my code, turns out it was the 15th, entirely my bad for not reading the terms properly!), give Nintendo customer services a call and they'll sort it for you :).

I sold my 3ds yonks ago because there was nothing interesting and then all the good games happened. Tch. But now I've returned to #Team3DS because quite honestly, 2013 is shaping up to be a pretty good year for it. Cannot wait for Monster Hunter, Code of Princess, Luigi's Bungalow 2 and Fire Emblem.

Anyways, I've added a bunch of you fine people to my friends list, based on who's been posting most recently:

dekay, scottcr, keyboard koala, red alignment, joffo, yiggy, womble9, strider, m i dog, ryodi, carelton, b00dles, jimmy shedders, smd, gilly, shirubagan

My code's 5300-8596-3144. If anyone wants to add me, let me know :)

C'mon, my life's not complete without sending total strangers mildly offensive doodles on letterbox.

(can we tag this thread with 3DS, please? helps to find it...)

Nintendo sez:

"This year we plan to add some StreetPass-related features to the Nintendo 3DS in order to encourage more people to go out with their Nintendo 3DS, and make StreetPass and SpotPass more popular overseas."

Exciting! No other details.

Given the 3DS is selling in obscene numbers, I still rarely get streetpass hits. It's extremely annoying, because I've opened every puzzle in Puzzle Swap and only need the purple pieces you can only get through streetpass hits.

Maybe I should start stalking Scott and dekay. They're bound to have them.

I've got all of them apart from two pink pieces from the latest Kirby puzzle. And all the hats! I think a Fire Emblem puzzle was released today in the US, so we might be getting that shortly. I StreetPassed a japanese DS and they had it, but you're not allowed to get pieces other regions exclusive puzzles. :(

Im hoping to swing by one day of the games thing at SxSW in Austin in March; I should get a ton of StreetPasses at something like that, right?

I wonder what other StreetPass features they're thinking of adding? There's not really been any uses of it in games that I've really liked a lot.

Given the 3DS is selling in obscene numbers, I still rarely get streetpass hits. It's extremely annoying, because I've opened every puzzle in Puzzle Swap and only need the purple pieces you can only get through streetpass hits.

Maybe I should start stalking Scott and dekay. They're bound to have them.

I'm missing 5 pink pieces of one puzzle, and that's it. Off to That There London today so might get some more then.

I StreetPassed a japanese DS and they had it, but you're not allowed to get pieces other regions exclusive puzzles. sad.png

That really pisses me off too. I've had loads of Japanese passes, I think there's as many as 5 or 6 different puzzles ones out there. They should allow it. Gives the game free advertisment and lets people see and get excited for what else is coming up. Given the idiotic wait times and the limbo of whether we'll even get some titles, perhaps it would just be an embarrasment for them?

There are four people with a 3DS in work so I occasionally get one from them, and then there's the occasional one in and around Glasgow, though I tend to just go straight home after work. Sometimes me and Scottcr cross paths as well. The only game that's made interesting use of StreetPass for me has been FreakyForms, because you get something unique the other player has created. It's a cock, but it's their cock. Other games just have trivial nonsense. Mario Kart giving entirely random ghosts (and you aren't able to see whether or not it's a time worth racing until you complete the race) kind of missed a trick.

I was thinking that but then, what's the point? Hardly any games support the feature do they? Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous idea but even Nintendo themselves aren't doing anything with it. Baffling. And as joffocakes said, how they could mess up mario karts sp features too is bizarre. Sometimes it's almost like Nintendo are purposefully eschewing the best/obvious methods for crap ones.

Given the 3DS is selling in obscene numbers, I still rarely get streetpass hits.

I always turn mine off. In fact, I almost wish there was an option to have the unit prefer to turn off, rather than to go into sleep mode and having to press something to switch it off. Even the 3DSXL's extended battery life isn't enough to have the unit doing anything other than being fully off when I'm not playing on it.

The lady's 3DS usually lasts a day and a half, battery wise; we charge it every night. I have that extended battery on mine, so it lasts a full week; I charge it on weekends when I'm hungover*. It does add a fair bit of bulk and weight to the machine, but I'm used to it now. I put it in my coat pocket instead, so it doesn't look like I have a huge, oblong, disconnected erection. With a green LED.

That's the only reason I haven't upgraded to an XL.

*I'm not actually cool enough to ever be hungover. I'm usually just watching the Come Dine With Me omnibus.

Well yes.

What does Sony do with Near?

They do loads of stuff, not sure if any of it is particularly worthwhile. There is something special about a Streetpass where you know you have been in physical proximity to the other system, like ships that pass in the night. It seems like cheating almost when Near just uses a server to remove the temporal element of the contact.

Also, Near is arguably less needed on the Vita as it's not needed for ridiculous stuff like passing high scores around as it's built on a semi-decent online architecture so that the games provide this stuff already.

Whilst enjoying Crimson Shroud I've hit a brick wall with the witch fight. Just cant seem to hit as hard as them and die easily every time. Tips please!

Yep those guys are tough, took me many attempts. But as with most battles, I find its about who you kill first and more obviously have magic equipped that is effective on that specific target. Remembering that this doesnt necessarily mean you should equip the generally highest powered weapons. ( I think I killed those from left to right ( your left) but not too sure!) You might have to go back and redo some battles to power up/meld your items or find better ones you may have missed.

Just got the achievement for completing streetpass quest 2 secret quest 10 times!! Still missing 13 hats. Guide time I think. Hope they use pedo skills in the upcoming pokemon x&y. Perraps something like the nintendogs walkies mode.