rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
spatular

Nintendo 3DS

First random London Rllmukian streetpass!

DSC_0317_zps53a2af8a.jpg

Im disappointed i opened street pass plaza before this streetpass! I would have held my Ouendun 2 last game played badge up high!

• Upvote 4

Checked my 3ds last night. Apparently I bought Cave Story, but I have no recollection of doing so. Hooray for drunken eShopping!

• Upvote 1

Really tempted to buy a 3DS XL because I want to play Ace Attorney 5, mostly, and I know that there are enough games released on it already that it won't be a bad investment. But is there enough games on the horizon ? Outside of Smash Bros, which I have no interest in, it seems like the release schedule for this year and the next is pretty barren. Still worth going for it ?

I'll be interested to see how you get on with it. I loved it for twenty odd hours then became bored very, very suddenly for some reason.

And Zelda is great, yes.

I'm about 10 hrs in and finding it a little dull. Playing mostly on auto and launching 4 Brave attacks each pretty much decimates everything.

, it seems like the release schedule for this year and the next is pretty barren. Still worth going for it ?

Depends if these interest you:

Smash Bros

Harvest Moon: Lost Valley

Theatrhythm Curtain Call

Moon Chronicles

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Pokemon Art Academy

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Citizens of Earth

Gunvolt

Persona Q

Fantasy Life

Siesta Fiesta

Treasurenauts

Shovel Knight

Dragon Quest VII remake

Monster Hunter 4

New Ace Attorney game set in the Meiji era

C-Wars

Picross e5

New Adventure Time game

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

Skylanders Trap Team

Lego Batman 3

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Code Name STEAM

Scribblenauts Unmasked

Chibi Robo: Let's Go Photo

Squids Odyssey

Sonic Boom

Devilish Brain Training

Cooking Mama 27

Conception 2

Gunman Clive 2

Woah Dave!

Tappingo 2

Story of Seasons

Tenkai Knights

Ace Attorney Trilogy

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2

New One Piece game

New Yugioh game

Mighty No. 9

Fossil Fighters: Frontier

Monkey Mofo

Plus whatever VC stuff they decide to release.

EDIT: Oh, and:

Blast 'em Bunnies

New Power Rangers game

Story of Seasons

New LEGO Ninjago game

New LEGO Chima game

A-Train (apparently!)

New Disney Planes game

FIFA 15 "Legacy edition"

Thorium Wars

Farming Simulator 2014

EDIT2: and...

Bravely Second

Devil Survivor 2

Forbidden Magna

• Upvote 7

Think I'm going to give up on BD - played for 10 hours and not really feeling it. Shame.

Think I'm going to give up on BD - played for 10 hours and not really feeling it. Shame.

I'll give you a tenner for it?

Been on a bit of spree buying a stupid amount of original DS games that were recommended by you guys as of late. Every game that I've bought so far works fine, but some of them look a bit dodgy.
For example, two of the Ace Attorney games I bought have covers that had clearly just been printed off of someones bog standard inkjet, but the carts look more or less identical to the genuine, shop bought DS games I have.

Is there an easy way of telling whether a DS game is the real deal or not?

Haha, are fakes really that prominent among DS games? Besides the obvious, whats the downside to having fakes? Can I expect my saves to become corrupted or the cart to pack in working completely?

Another question, is the Ace Attorney 3DS game download only for Europe? Not the crossover with Layton, Dual Destinies I think it's called.

Haha, are fakes really that prominent among DS games? Besides the obvious, whats the downside to having fakes? Can I expect my saves to become corrupted or the cart to pack in working completely?

Yes and yes. DS fakes are now as common as fake GBA cartridges are on eBay, and they don't have working save memory.

So there isn't a way to identify fakes? I just need to keep my fingers crossed that my games don't shit themselves and spontaneously delete my saves?

WTF? Nintendo are being selective over who they give demos to... great way to do business, idiots

According to the email I got, the demo is gonna be the same that everyone will get. I've no idea why they haven't released it to everyone now.

Oh and the panda suit is supposed to be available to earn in the full game anyway.

So there isn't a way to identify fakes? I just need to keep my fingers crossed that my games don't shit themselves and spontaneously delete my saves?

Not sure about DS games, but some of the GBA fakes had 'Ninfendo' instead of 'Nintendo' written on the back. Also if you held the cartridge at an angle so you could see the PCB inside the genuine ones would have Nintendo. There's things online that show you how to spot a fake one. I once bought Tactics Ogre for GBA that was fake and therefore was useless because it wouldn't save.

• Upvote 1