Nintendo 3DS

spatular

How do Game handle system data transfers these days?

When I upgraded to an XL the guy in the shop told me it would just be the SD card that needed swapped.

:facepalm:

GAME put a tweet out yesterday saying something about there being a 7 day grace period, so you could still get your stuff transfered over, as obviously it requires WiFi and a fair amount of time depending on how much stuff is on there.

Guess you will pay full price upfront, then receive a slip to say you are owed X amount of refund within 7 days if you bring back the 3ds you transfered from .

Really wish they'd done the face plates on the XL, they look absolutely amazing, especially the MM one a few posts above.

I've got a Yoshi XL at the moment, struggling to see why I should get the new one but I might still anyway

I don't think Nintendo have changed the marketing on the XL since the original DSi version, they see it as the machine for adults. Along with no faceplates I think this is also the reason it doesn't come with coloured buttons.

When the XL was released, GAME allowed me to keep both systems for 7 days, with £100 (£150?) deposit which was refunded upon return of the original 3DS. It's good that they're doing that again as they stopped doing it quite soon after. My brother had to do the transfer in-store, using his phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot as the store Wi-Fi was useless/non-existant.

I don't think i could go back to a machine that didn't have ones coloured buttons tbh..

To answer the 3D questions...

I am no fan of 3D, i have a really good 3D telly and 4 pairs of silly glasses and I only ever watch the 3D with the kids as it makes the experience more fun - i haven't ever been blown away by 3D but it can be fun. Having had a ads since launch i would say it spent 95%+ with the slider off and there were certain games like MK8 that i never once played with 3D on but since having this new one it has been permanently on, the effect is so bloody good and the tracking means it is not a chore - the screen suddenly has the appeal a OLED vita screen does and you feel like you can climb into the screen, it is brilliant and a much better effect than my telly with glasses.

In terms of ghosting, i still see it a bit but seemingly less and not to the point it puts me off - transitions in luigis mansion seem to have it the worst, the zoom through a door bit etc.

Overall it has that 'this is what it should have been at launch' feel but it is a lovely thing and i have zero buyer remorse and until that email i had no intentions of getting a new 3ds!

I get that ghosting effect discussed earlier with all 3D tech, though it varies greatly depending on the colour and contrast in the image. I actually think it's to do with my astigmatism. On the 3DS it is easy to just turn the 3D down to negate it. In the cinema some films have been near unwatchable for me.

Shopto have the standard consoles up for pre-order. I'm still tempted to wait for Amazon since their returns are hassle free. I'm a stickler for insisting on no dead pixels when buying new.

Actually, have any current n3ds owners found any dead pixels?

Shopto have the standard consoles up for pre-order. I'm still tempted to wait for Amazon since their returns are hassle free. I'm a stickler for insisting on no dead pixels when buying new.

Actually, have any current n3ds owners found any dead pixels?

I had a thorough check of mine last night and it's dead pixel free :)

Anywhere in the UK taking pre-orders of the MM XL as yet?

How does the pre-installed copy work? I've just acquired a 3DSXL from Magicdrop on this here forum, but am :wub: for the Majora's Mask edition. Believe it or not, i've never played MM :facepalm: .

If I acquired one of these beauties and played through MM and then wanted to sell the unit and game on, is the game tied to my user account or anything?