Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Might be rare, but I'm happy with a regular nDS and just the MM faceplates, thankyou. Statue looks a bit cheap anyway.

Yeah it's not as nice as the original but hey it's a little bonus. Personally love the look of the console itself.

I have my Ambassador edition at home, but I can't decide if I should open it or send it back coming from an XL. What's the general consensus from those who had an XL previously?

I used my n3DS for around 30 minutes before deciding it was too small, selling it and getting the New XL. Had it been the black n3DS I may not have minded so much, but I found the white surround very distracting and the small screen very hard to use after being used to the XL screen.

I will muddy the waters and say I had an XL previously, bought a Japanese New 3DS and will not be going back to the bigger screen. I value the lighter weight, think things look better on it and faceplates are rad. Just ordered a black regular with the MM limited edition, excited.

Kind of considering saying goodbye to my ambasador one too in favour of my pre-ordered MM mask XL.

If only Nintendo didn't tie my account to my machine I wouldn't be going through this and would happily keep them both, taking my easily pocketable ambassador one with me on my travels and only removing my XL from it's velvet cushion when playing at home. Baaaaaaaah.

Shopto have the standard consoles up for pre-order. I'm still tempted to wait for Amazon since their returns are hassle free. I'm a stickler for insisting on no dead pixels when buying new.

Actually, have any current n3ds owners found any dead pixels?

None on mine.

I have my Ambassador edition at home, but I can't decide if I should open it or send it back coming from an XL. What's the general consensus from those who had an XL previously?

I had the original then xl and now new 3ds - i think the only one that I would never have again is the original.

I love the new one, its so small and nice to hold, much nicer than an xl in that regard and i think it has just about big enough screens. Big screens generally are always better but on this one i'm not so sure - the xl always looked a bit low rent due to having same pixel count.

I went from xl to normal N3DS and I much prefer the smaller one.

Me too. I do get a tiny bit more hand cramp though after longer sessions.

I prefer the sharper image and the pocketability of the small one. And the faceplates of course.

GAME's trade in offer (which someone's already posted about) doesn't seem to be too bad a deal. Considering the 3DS XLs in the trading forum at the moment are going for about £80.00 and the RRP for the n3DS is £150, you'd effectively be getting £70 for your 3DS XL but you don't have to faff about with postage, etc.

I'm considering it. The smaller version looks a lot more svelte to me.

New-Nintendo-3DS-Trade-In.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Offer is valid 13/02/15 until 26/02/15. In-store offer only. Get the new 3DS for £79.99 when you Trade-In an original 3DSXL, for £94.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS, for £104.99 when you trade-in a 2DS for £109.99 when you trade-in an original 3DSXL, for £124.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS and for £134.99 when you trade-in a 2DS. The Trade-In value is then deducted from the selling price of the new 3DS. Trade in offer only applies when the Trade In and purchase occur in the same transaction. To Trade-In; all consoles must be in good working order and of satisfactory quality with relevant charging cables and vital accessories. Imported consoles are excluded from Trade-Ins. Trade-in values are issued based on condition grade and model of item Prices for "A" Grade, "B" Grade and "C" Grade will vary.

I couldn't go back to the smaller screen. Ayethe XL is a bit more pixelly but I like pixels.

I couldn't play the regular size 3DS because I couldn't see anything. Mine was almost totally unused, the only games I could stand to play were Game Boy VC releases due to the pixel density. Bought an XL at launch and have used it more than any other handheld I've ever owned.

Of course the pixel-y display of XL isn't ideal, certainly compared the PS Vita's rather lovely screen, but I can live with that more than the alternative, personally speaking.

The regular sized New 3DS' has a bigger screen than the original though, and I've read reports from people who prefer the size over the old XL. I'm so conflicted. :(

I'll probably go for the blue XL though, once Amazon get their act together.