Nintendo 3DS

spatular

GAME's trade in offer (which someone's already posted about) doesn't seem to be too bad a deal. Considering the 3DS XLs in the trading forum at the moment are going for about £80.00 and the RRP for the n3DS is £150, you'd effectively be getting £70 for your 3DS XL but you don't have to faff about with postage, etc.

I'm considering it. The smaller version looks a lot more svelte to me.

New-Nintendo-3DS-Trade-In.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Offer is valid 13/02/15 until 26/02/15. In-store offer only. Get the new 3DS for £79.99 when you Trade-In an original 3DSXL, for £94.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS, for £104.99 when you trade-in a 2DS for £109.99 when you trade-in an original 3DSXL, for £124.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS and for £134.99 when you trade-in a 2DS. The Trade-In value is then deducted from the selling price of the new 3DS. Trade in offer only applies when the Trade In and purchase occur in the same transaction. To Trade-In; all consoles must be in good working order and of satisfactory quality with relevant charging cables and vital accessories. Imported consoles are excluded from Trade-Ins. Trade-in values are issued based on condition grade and model of item Prices for "A" Grade, "B" Grade and "C" Grade will vary.

They said 3DS twice:

£94.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS

£124.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS

Not even GAME can cope with Nintendo's way of naming handhelds anymore.

If any of you are wondering about how certain cover plates look with either the black or white n3DS, go here:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-3DS/New-Nintendo-3DS/New-Nintendo-3DS-947717.html?utm_medium=Nintendo+of+Europe&utm_source=twitter

Scroll down to 'Changeable cover plates', click 'Create your own look now'. You can play about with different combinations to see how they look.

The regular sized New 3DS' has a bigger screen than the original though, and I've read reports from people who prefer the size over the old XL. I'm so conflicted. :(

I'll probably go for the blue XL though, once Amazon get their act together.

I'd quite like to replace my XL with a regular new3DS, but it's a US model and so I can't :lol:

:(

Looks like the Zelda console is already sold out on the Nintendo store - really pleased I managed to net myself one and Jon a Monster Hunter Ltd console from Game

Kind of excited by the improved 3D as my old DS used to break my eyes if I wasn't sitting in exactly the right position

Game told me today that they are going to offer me £109 for my 3DSXL. When I go in for my new one I pay outright for it. Then take both consoles home to do the transfer, take them both back, get a full refund for the new one, and then do the trade in purchase. There is something like a 7 day grace period to do this so I don't see how you would lose value. :)

They said 3DS twice:

£94.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS

£124.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS

Not even GAME can cope with Nintendo's way of naming handhelds anymore.

Yeah I'm guessing the first set of prices relate to the new 3DS and the second set to the new 3DSXL? Saying that they then say at the bottom of the txt that the trade in prices vary depending on grade A, B or C so god only knows how much you're goona get against what?!?!

In their defence when I traded my original (vile blue coloured) launch 3DS in for an XL I took it in, left it with them for 30 mins (pretty much the max anyone could reasonably be expected float round the white rose centre) and when I went back for it they'd done the whole transfer process for me.

Battery life on my New 3DS is much improved on my old one. Last week I got 90 minutes play on Fantasy Life (plus a day before it on standby) before red flashing lights. An hour of it today, half an hour of Afterburner, a poke round the browser and shop, downloading some stuff, a while on Miiverse and a couple of goes on the WRC demo, And on standby all day and a couple of Streetpass puzzle trips, and it hasn't even gone down a single bar yet.

Where can you get the Majora's Mask Faceplate from? I'm thinking of getting a white one too.

Also the power adaptor seems sold out but still shows up in my order summary. Confused. Should I get one elsewhere?

At the moment? Only eBay or importers I'm afraid, as it's only been confirmed for Japan.

Battery life on my New 3DS is much improved on my old one. Last week I got 90 minutes play on Fantasy Life (plus a day before it on standby) before red flashing lights. An hour of it today, half an hour of Afterburner, a poke round the browser and shop, downloading some stuff, a while on Miiverse and a couple of goes on the WRC demo, And on standby all day and a couple of Streetpass puzzle trips, and it hasn't even gone down a single bar yet.

It's deffo better. Over 2 hours of Bravely Default today and it went down 1 bar. Not enough on its own but along with everything else it's a nice extra.

£180 was a bit rich for me for the ambassador model, but I think I'll be jumping in at £150. I know it's not a huge difference and you got a few extra bits, but it was £100 + my 3DS XL, rather than £70 + 3DS XL. I'm sure there'll be discounts to be had at launch too, and no doubt somewhere will have a compatible voucher code between now and then.

Really excited about the inevitable Club Nintendo-exclusive face plates though :D

And yeah, I'll be downsizing from the XL too. The size is lovely, but the resolution is shit. The original's screens are too small, but if these are somewhere in the middle then I'm happy with that.

Also, FACEPLATES!

Nintendo are truly going all-out with add-on tat that we don't really need :lol: