Nintendo 3DS

spatular

9:40ish, barely any battery life difference :(

C nub not a replacement for a proper stick, either. (he points out Resident Evil)

Edit: Also reason to have the blues over - speakers still crappy according to a comment on this very thread a few days back. Weeep

So I caved and have a black N3DS & wooden plates preordered.

I blame M2 and those old Sega games which I adore and think of as the best bits of software on the machine.

I want this new wave of arcade games on a slightly bigger (but not too large-pixeled) screen and on shiny new rock solid speedy hardware, and think I've earned the right to retire my multi-hued launch machine, complete with its now curiously disintegrating, too-small-to-begin-with D-pad.

I'm really not looking forward to the multi-step process of initialising a new microSDcard-in-an adaptor, transferring all data to it, checking it's all okay and then performing the system transfer procedure via wi-fi between the systems though. And I hadn't factored in buying an extra PSU just to guarantee this last part goes without a hitch (knowing that the juice supplied by a USB charge cable isn't quite enough to keep the system afloat whilst running). Frankly this all amounts to the kind of shit that can keep my aging, less patient self nostalgic for simpler times.

So, with that being said, am I a massive pussy for admitting that I've had a look at The Official Guide and despite dekay's clear, informative instructions still feel daunted by it all? The thought of having to spend more than an afternoon sorting it all, possibly having to negotiate the slow unwieldy screens of the eshop to try and redownload games brings terror to my fragile soul.

I recall reading some time back that the 10 ambassador games bring up some kind of issue with system transfers, and that save states with these titles get wiped any which way.

If anyone can give me reassuring slap round the face and tell me to get a fucking grip I'd appreciate it. Even the thought of Outrun, Fantasy Zone 2, and the music from Thunder Blade isn't quite enough to counter the dread I'm feeling about this incoming admin task.

So I caved and have a black N3DS & wooden plates preordered.

I blame M2 and those old Sega games which I adore and think of as the best bits of software on the machine.

I want this new wave of arcade games on a slightly bigger (but not too large-pixeled) screen and on shiny new rock solid speedy hardware, and think I've earned the right to retire my multi-hued launch machine, complete with its now curiously disintegrating, too-small-to-begin-with D-pad.

I'm really not looking forward to the multi-step process of initialising a new microSDcard-in-an adaptor, transferring all data to it, checking it's all okay and then performing the system transfer procedure via wi-fi between the systems though. And I hadn't factored in buying an extra PSU just to guarantee this last part goes without a hitch (knowing that the juice supplied by a USB charge cable isn't quite enough to keep the system afloat whilst running). Frankly this all amounts to the kind of shit that can keep my aging, less patient self nostalgic for simpler times.

So, with that being said, am I a massive pussy for admitting that I've had a look at The Official Guide and despite dekay's clear, informative instructions still feel daunted by it all? The thought of having to spend more than an afternoon sorting it all, possibly having to negotiate the slow unwieldy screens of the eshop to try and redownload games brings terror to my fragile soul.

I recall reading some time back that the 10 ambassador games bring up some kind of issue with system transfers, and that save states with these titles get wiped any which way.

If anyone can give me reassuring slap round the face and tell me to get a fucking grip I'd appreciate it. Even the thought of Outrun, Fantasy Zone 2, and the music from Thunder Blade isn't quite enough to counter the dread I'm feeling about this incoming admin task.

All I did for my preparation, was to copy the contents of my SD to the computer, then transfer it wholesale to a microSD, stuck the micro in an adaptor and used my 3DS as normal.

When the n3DS arrived, I followed the on screen instructions, moved the microSD card out of the adaptor in the old console into the new one when prompted and let it get on with it's business.

Full disclosure, I have done a system transfer about 6 or 7 times now, so didn't follow the dekay's guide, as a first attempt, it may be sensible to read through it before and while doing the transfer, as for battery life, most recent one I did, I never bothered even having them plugged in, but they were fully charged to begin with, little bit naughty, but then, I tried installing custom firmware on a brand new ltd edition Final Fantasy PSP... without it being plugged in AND with the battery cover removed.... luckily the unbricking tool was updated for those models after a few days :)

It's not a spoiler or anything, but Apollo Justice does go into detail about Mr Nick's relationships with his proteges, which is not explained properly in AA5. Basically, don't skip Apollo Justice, it's awesome.

I'd seen something about that in a review of five, I was only being difficult.

Consider me convinced to get Apollo, then. Shame there's no handy download version.

So pointless if you play in 2D all the time?

Yeah, in a shock development the improved 3d on the new 3ds has no effect on 2d....

However if like me you played everything in 2d because the 3d was a pita to keep in focus the new one has resolved that and i play in 3d now!

I've preordered a black N3DSXL with MM for £200 from Zavvi :)

Has anyone gone through the experience of ringing Nintendo to get an NNID transferred from one 3DS to another? Is it relatively painless? I want to sell my current XL now and understand I have to format it to 'unlink' the NNID. From what I've read, however, I can only register my NNID on a new console by ringing Nintendo, unless I have the original console in my possession, which I won't due to having sold it.

Yeah, but I reckon I'd get less for it once the new one comes out. They're currently going for about £100 on ebay.

What one do you have, the average i have seen for a non Ltd edition XL has been around 85-90, many going for 75-80 of late with the odd one randomly going for 100!?

Blimey. That low!

I've just got my ambassador version, and was wondering how much I'd get for my Yoshi 3DSXL console...

Well that's LE, so you'd get more. £100 for a red XL is a probably the top end of what you'd get, too. Likelier it'll be closer to £80.

What one do you have, the average i have seen for a non Ltd edition XL has been around 85-90, many going for 75-80 of late with the odd one randomly going for 100!?

I've got a red XL. I've not searched extensively, but checking recently sold items yesterday on ebay, I did see quite a few standard XLs that had gone for £100 or more, as long as they're in good nick. I was gonna try my luck at £110 with a grip and charger, but I might go with Gumtree first.

I got £80 for my mint blue one - i did a fair bit of checking, take off the ebay + paypal + postage fees and its not far off £100 ebay sale.

Ok, cheers. Maybe I'll stick it in Trading then. If I'm only getting £80 for it and it's gonna cost me £170, £90 just to play with improved 3D and the ability to play Xenoblade is now seeming a bit frivolous...

Gah, maybe I should go for the smaller version.

I am such a wuss. Started playing The Starship Damrey, got a shock, thought oh, it's one of them games then, played a bit more (tentatively) and suddenly

the girl in the hat

appears and WHELP THATS ME DONE OFF TO BED.

Supposed region-free hack going about for FW 9.0 to 9.4

https://github.com/smealum/regionthree

Can anyone try this out?

Yeah, it works, I managed to boot Dragon Quest VII on a European 3DS which is the only way that's ever going to happen. It's of limited use given you need to be online to use it and pressing the Home button always crashes it but it's a startt

I got £80 for my mint blue one - i did a fair bit of checking, take off the ebay + paypal + postage fees and its not far off £100 ebay sale.

Just after Christmas I got £91 trade in at Amazon, just checked and that's down to £65 now! Looks like I was very lucky. :)

Have Game updated their site regarding the 7 days grace thing for trading in an older 3DS? I can only find this which doesnt fill me with confidence:

**Terms and Conditions: Offer is valid 13/02/15 until 26/02/15. In-store offer only. Get the new 3DS for £79.99 when you Trade-In an original 3DSXL, for £94.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS, for £104.99 when you trade-in a 2DS for £109.99 when you trade-in an original 3DSXL, for £124.99 when you trade-in an original 3DS and for £134.99 when you trade-in a 2DS. The Trade-In value is then deducted from the selling price of the new 3DS. Trade in offer only applies when the Trade In and purchase occur in the same transaction. To Trade-In; all consoles must be in good working order and of satisfactory quality with relevant charging cables and vital accessories. Imported consoles are excluded from Trade-Ins. Trade-in values are issued based on condition grade and model of item Prices for "A" Grade, "B" Grade and "C" Grade will vary. For information on grade quality ask staff for details. Cash trade-in value may vary. Trade-In offers are open to the public only and game reserves the right to refuse any offer to anyone believed to be representing a trade buyer. Trade-In and cash prices are subject to change. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Photo ID is required for all Trade-Ins and you will need to provide two forms of ID: 1. Valid Photo Driving License, Valid Passport, Valid Military I.D. Card or Government recognised photo pass card. 2. A Utility bill dated within the last 3 months. Please check with your local store for their local requirements. Store managers decision is final. Offer can be removed at any time without prior notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.