Nintendo 3DS

spatular

You'll likely get charged a currency conversion fee if paying by debit card. I'm with Natwest and it's only about 3%, they tell me.

Or you can let Amazon carry out the conversion for you, which may work out cheaper - depends who's offering the better rate and fee combination.

A fairly arbitrary regional compatibility division which coincidentally happens to completely overlap with the distribution of PAL broadcasting equipment. AFARCDWCHTCOWTDOPBE.

If we're going to be that picky this is about buying a 3DS from France, which didn't use PAL.

A wild remake/port appears!

Love the PSP version (looks beautiful on Vita too) so actually kind of excited about this. It's interesting they actually bothered to 3D'ify the buildings and objects a little. Would go through it again I think.

I couldn't resist this and picked it up this morning, it was only about six quid which is a little weird considering what they charge for their uglified mobile ports. I've got a notion to try and play through all the FF games in order (no time limit, I'm not mental), is there anything I need to know about this one before I start? I was a little surprised when it immediately gave me a party of four and let me choose their class and the choice crippled me a bit.

Aye I don't get handling demos like this. What are they supposed to achieve? Some sort of inverse PR, whereby pissed off gamers learn that a demo is available but they can't play it? Thereby leading to increased awareness of something?? Just breeds a shrug of the shoulders imo, bloody stupid.

I couldn't resist this and picked it up this morning, it was only about six quid which is a little weird considering what they charge for their uglified mobile ports. I've got a notion to try and play through all the FF games in order (no time limit, I'm not mental), is there anything I need to know about this one before I start? I was a little surprised when it immediately gave me a party of four and let me choose their class and the choice crippled me a bit.

My advice would be to keep notes unless you want to refer to a walkthrough on a semi regular basis. The game offers almost no hand-holding; a character will say "Old Bill was asking about a magic spoon, to cook up his lamb palak" but won't repeat it, and later when you find The Ladle of Sidereal Magnifecence you'd better remember who wanted it because the game sure as shit won't tell you.

I too am trying to play them in order, and have finished the first and second game, both of which I enjoyed very much, but I've hit a brick wall with III. It's just too punishing to be fun. I think I'll skip it and go straight to IV.

Aye I don't get handling demos like this. What are they supposed to achieve? Some sort of inverse PR, whereby pissed off gamers learn that a demo is available but they can't play it? Thereby leading to increased awareness of something?? Just breeds a shrug of the shoulders imo, bloody stupid.

I dunno, I thought the MH demo worked well with the 3 free codes, made it like swapsies in the school playground, and there's still people begging for codes all over the web a week later.

Yeah but what exactly is that achieving??

What is being swapped??

I was one of those wanting a mh code. All it did is make me annoyed I couldn't get one easily. And when I did, I played the demo and was put off by it. It's a poor demo, imo.

If you're going to release a demo all you have to do is one thing and one thing only. Make it good. Anything else is just noise. The best demo I've played of recent times was bravely default. It was available to all. I ended up buying it, and I don't even like jrpgs that much!

My advice would be to keep notes unless you want to refer to a walkthrough on a semi regular basis. The game offers almost no hand-holding; a character will say "Old Bill was asking about a magic spoon, to cook up his lamb palak" but won't repeat it, and later when you find The Ladle of Sidereal Magnifecence you'd better remember who wanted it because the game sure as shit won't tell you.

I too am trying to play them in order, and have finished the first and second game, both of which I enjoyed very much, but I've hit a brick wall with III. It's just too punishing to be fun. I think I'll skip it and go straight to IV.

Oh man, I don't want to read stuff all the time. I'm pleased you enjoyed it though and I'm sure I can always find a spoiler-free walkthrough if I get totally stuck.

The 3DS version looks downright lovely by the way. I wonder if they're going to do any more of these, it seems an odd amount of trouble to have gone for for what was a pre-order bonus for that terrible Explorers game initially. I wonder if they're testing the water to see if they've found another profitable way to repackage them.

The MH4 demo was a lot better than the MH3 one.

Anyway. Last night I forgot I hadn't bought Picross e5 so I bought Picross e5 and played Picross e5. Why, in Picross e5 are there no Picross e4 bonus levels, like there are Picross e and Picross e2 and Picross e3 bonus levels? Is my Picross e5 broken or is Picross e5 intentionally missing Picross e4 bonus levels? Has anyone else who has Picross e5 noticed this with their Picross e5?

Picross e5. *twitch*

Anyway. Last night I forgot I hadn't bought Picross e5 so I bought Picross e5 and played Picross e5. Why, in Picross e5 are there no Picross e4 bonus levels, like there are Picross e and Picross e2 and Picross e3 bonus levels? Is my Picross e5 broken or is Picross e5 intentionally missing Picross e4 bonus levels? Has anyone else who has Picross e5 noticed this with their Picross e5?

Picross e5. *twitch*

Picross e5? I didn't know Picross e5 was out. When I get home I shall have to buy Picross e5.

I was one of those wanting a mh code. All it did is make me annoyed I couldn't get one easily. And when I did, I played the demo and was put off by it. It's a poor demo, imo.

If you're going to release a demo all you have to do is one thing and one thing only. Make it good. Anything else is just noise. The best demo I've played of recent times was bravely default. It was available to all. I ended up buying it, and I don't even like jrpgs that much!

Demo's alright, it's still catering the the MH fan, tho they do try and explain things a bit better this time.

It does seem a bit silly when the obvious thing to do with MH is let the player have the first section of the game up until G.Jaggi then gate the rest of it off until they purchase the full game. This way you could carry on your progress, grind out some early armor sets, weapons, etc, so with you on that one.

It does seem a bit silly when the obvious thing to do with MH is let the player have the first section of the game up until G.Jaggi then gate the rest of it off until they purchase the full game. This way you could carry on your progress, grind out some early armor sets, weapons, etc, so with you on that one.

Exactly, I'd presume that would go down far better with non mh players. The exact players who a demo should be aimed at.

There's obviously a reason mh is so popular and I've been willing twice to give it a go. Unfortunately I've come away thinking meh.

Anyway this wasn't a mh rant, rather one at the availability of demos. Just make them free to all for goodness sake.

I dunno, I thought the MH demo worked well with the 3 free codes, made it like swapsies in the school playground, and there's still people begging for codes all over the web a week later.

A demo exists to convince you to buy a game you might well have not tried.

Those people begging were always going to buy it.

People, and in the case of STEAM I'm one of them who might have been interested are just going to see "Oh I can't have the demo" and just not bother.

The downside of demos is that people who were going to buy it, play it and decide not to.

Those people will be the people fighting for codes.

So they've basically assured themselves of all the downside and none of the upside.

Picross e5. *twitch*

Nope, very weirdly, there are only bonus puzzles for e, e2 and e3 in 5. Why? Who knows. A few reviews have mentioned this so I know it's not just us.

Neither of those are big enough! Get a Samsung EVO 64GB!