IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Hmmm, left my new 3Ds to charge last night, after it was flashing red for low battery. And this morning it's still doing the same. Just plugged to wall charger directly into he wall to see if it will charge that way. Anyone had any experience of this?

Im on holiday and travelling about today and planned to hunt monsters. Grumble grumble.

Little issue with systems in the house.

One of my daughters hasn't been playing 3DS (or nintendo) much for ages, but I'd actually bought her an import New 3DS for xmas.

Another daughter wants it so she needs to transfer her account back to her old 3DS (for when she does play).

Problem is —it seems you can't transfer from a new 3ds to a standard 3ds. Redownloading purchases from eshop — is this still a no-no without a system transfer?

No it isn't, since it's New 3DS only. So one game will use it, nobody will buy it, and that'll be it.

Personally I think the N3DS has/is doing reasonably well. Certainly well enough for devs to consider porting games over now. Especially since it won't be anywhere near as much effort.

Problem is —it seems you can't transfer from a new 3ds to a standard 3ds. Redownloading purchases from eshop — is this still a no-no without a system transfer?

You're screwed. You can't transfer from a New 3DS to a standard 3DS and the only way to move the licence for the game (and hence redownload) is with a system transfer.

Personally I think the N3DS has/is doing reasonably well. Certainly well enough for devs to consider porting games over now. Especially since it won't be anywhere near as much effort.

That may be, but I suspect they'll stop pretty sharpish once nobody buys them. Ideally Nintendo need to empty their pockets in the direction of some devs so there are some titles to get people buying. But Nintendo.

Without wanting to court controversy I think Gunstar is the finest game of its kind. I can't imagine what additional content/options will end up in the final package but judging from form it'll probably be game-changing.

I like the implication that westerners won't be waiting a year+ for these to come out too.

That may be, but I suspect they'll stop pretty sharpish once nobody buys them. Ideally Nintendo need to empty their pockets in the direction of some devs so there are some titles to get people buying. But Nintendo.

I'm beginning to think that at this rate, the New 3DS won't even get as many format specific games as the NEC SuperGrafx did...

Anyway, 3D Streets of Rage 2 and 3D Gunstar Heroes, yes please Sega!

Oh well, if you're bringing Nintendo's famed helpfulness with developers into the equation then sure, they're their own worst enemy!

However, I still firmly believe good business could be done, if the right title is developed. The userbase will be there later in the year, if not already.

Oh and Gunstar Fucking Heroes! :)

Well, there are multiple options for 3D and the general visuals / sonics, and the option for a spin boost. There was a fair bit beyond casual code tweaking involved in all that and since the first lot of they've got bolder and more inspired with expanding the content they contain.

These new MD ports will be so slavish to the originals as a whole, especially as the arcade ones have continued to raise the bar.

Yeah, same here. They're just modified ROMS.

They are a lot more than just modified ROMs. The interviews with M2 on sega blog show how much work was actually involved to get the games up and running. Good read, if a little technical, showing how difficult it is converting to 3D.

They are a lot more than just modified ROMs. The interviews with M2 on sega blog show how much work was actually involved to get the games up and running. Good read, if a little technical, showing how difficult it is converting to 3D.

Yeah, I've read the Sonic one, it's very interesting.

Had to download a mii plaza update in two parts which took ages but now have both the new games. There are some other new features too:

You can move completed plaza games into a vault so they don't clutter the main screen.

New hats!!!

Customisable speech bubbles for greetings

Annoyingly streetpass map still shows "no map" for loads of countries :angry: