IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS

spatular

Didn't want to raise a thread from the dead, so thought I would ask what is probably a really stupid question in here! Just been playing Shovel Knight for the first time (very late to the party), and noticed that in the first level, the backgrounds flicker a lot when you move, they go dark then lighten again. Is the a deliberate thing as they were trying to re-create an NES game? Or is it a weird quirk of playing on a 2DS? Just asking as all the gameplay videos I have seen don't have this same flickering?

21 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

From what I can gather there's not much interest in this. :( Personally tho I'm hoping it's awesome.

This looks really cool. Got a few flights in March and April, hoping this will be even half-decent as will serve as a good excuse to dust off the 3DS.

Wish a few more SNES games were on the horizon too, enjoyed revisiting a few of the last wave.

Yeah, this might become a problem. But I've lately felt an urge for some proper JRPG action (without the cutesy Final Fantasy alike nonsense) and Persona 5 is still 2 months off. SMT IV has been on my mind since first reading about it and seeing some videos, and as it's only €20 I decided to give it a shot.

Although I want to complete the Phoenix Wright games first. By that time Persona 5 is released probably :doh:

On 2/3/2017 at 12:59, Freeman said:

Depends.  Did you use the 3D on the old 3DS?

The head tracking stuff on the new one is much, much better, so you don't get that

The screens are nicer, and the speakers are better on the new ones too.

I've only used a regular sized New 3DS for a couple of minutes in the menus mind, but agreed with what reviews of them said at the time which was that the new regular sized is as good, if not slightly better due to sharper screens, than the full sizer.

I moved from an old Pikachu Nipples edition 3DSXL to a Majoras edition New 3DSXL, but got the Amassador New 3DS regular at the same time and had a sneaky peak prior to sticking it away in my collection..

I never used the 3D only because i don't like it in general and as most people say, it's hard to get into the 3D zone and stay there. I will carry on with my old one for now and keep an eye out for a cheap New 3DS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DC07 said:

A week after launching a masterpiece, back on 3DS Nintendo miss a sitter with Mario Sports Superstars.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/mario_sports_superstars

Hmm. The negative examples that reviewer highlights actually sound great to me. No more court gimmicks in tennis, and generally being more sporty than Mario-y, are things in particular that mean I'll keep my pre-order. However, the basicness of baseball seems a shame, as I loved Mario Baseball on the GameCube and was hoping for a handheld version of that.

13 minutes ago, tnman said:

Hmm. The negative examples that reviewer highlights actually sound great to me. No more court gimmicks in tennis, and generally being more sporty than Mario-y, are things in particular that mean I'll keep my pre-order. However, the basicness of baseball seems a shame, as I loved Mario Baseball on the GameCube and was hoping for a handheld version of that.

Yep, I'm still getting mine. Seems the kinda thing I like overall - little bits of a few things instead of a lot of one is where I'm at, at the moment.

I have many of the PS4 'great' games, but play way more Pure Pool than all of them. Uncomplicated can be good sometimes.

There's 30% off Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (now £24.49) and 25% off 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (now £26.24) on the eShop until 23/03. They both had a limited physical release so this is probably the cheapest way to get them.

Hi

Im thinking of grabbing a new3DS to replace my old 3DS XL.

I have some content downloaded (full games like Bravely Default)... can someone briefly explain to me whether I will be able to play these on a new unit and how?

Is there a way to authorise it as me? I've got a Switch and I believe I'm using the same Nintendo ID (certainly my old email address is linked to it etc) but I can't see a list of devices or anything like that.

thanks!

20 minutes ago, sprite said:

Hi

Im thinking of grabbing a new3DS to replace my old 3DS XL.

I have some content downloaded (full games like Bravely Default)... can someone briefly explain to me whether I will be able to play these on a new unit and how?

Is there a way to authorise it as me? I've got a Switch and I believe I'm using the same Nintendo ID (certainly my old email address is linked to it etc) but I can't see a list of devices or anything like that.

thanks!

You'll need to dl a system transfer from the old system to the new one, so will need both consoles at the same time, you can then sell the old one / trade it in or what not.

I've got a Blue new 3DS XL knocking about if you want a second hand one ;)

19 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

You'll need to dl a system transfer from the old system to the new one, so will need both consoles at the same time, you can then sell the old one / trade it in or what not.

I've got a Blue new 3DS XL knocking about if you want a second hand one ;)

Thanks Mike - glad to hear it's easily done!

I actually fancy the smaller model as I have tiny lady hands - the smaller models seem to be pretty rare but seemingly the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer one is in stock on the Nintendo site for £160 so going to bite at that price!

I have also finally linked my Nintendo account to my old nnid one that I've had for yonks - my Mii has appeared!

52 minutes ago, sprite said:

Thanks Mike - glad to hear it's easily done!

I actually fancy the smaller model as I have tiny lady hands - the smaller models seem to be pretty rare but seemingly the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer one is in stock on the Nintendo site for £160 so going to bite at that price!

I have also finally linked my Nintendo account to my old nnid one that I've had for yonks - my Mii has appeared!

I've got the smaller one for myself as well, I like changing the face plates, the larger one is great for the bigger screen, but since having the switch, I've played practically nothing else :P

If you want to make the transfer process as painless as possible buy a micro SD card with a SD Card adapter. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J29FF4G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Follow the upgrade process from @deKay website to copy your existing games and saves to the Micro SD on your current 3DS

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2015/01/15/upgrading-your-3ds-sd-card/

This way when you do the transfer process all you have to do once the license transfer is complete is remove the Micro SD card from the SD Card adapter, plug it into the n3DS and you're good to go. Doing the transfer over local wifi takes forever. 

Blimey, Nintendo UK set to deliver tomorrow.  That escalated quickly! :o

9 minutes ago, ryodi said:

If you want to make the transfer process as painless as possible buy a micro SD card with a SD Card adapter. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J29FF4G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Follow the upgrade process from @deKay website to copy your existing games and saves to the Micro SD on your current 3DS

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2015/01/15/upgrading-your-3ds-sd-card/

This way when you do the transfer process all you have to do once the license transfer is complete is remove the Micro SD card from the SD Card adapter, plug it into the n3DS and you're good to go. Doing the transfer over local wifi takes forever. 

Thankyou!  I knew dekay had a guide out there - in think, I may have consulted it the last time I switched up my 3DS situation...

Is there any risk of fake SD cards coming from Amazon directly?

10 hours ago, deKay said:

Not likely, but we've had a few at work over the years.

Cheers.  Random question for you - do you know if I can use Mac OS X's Disk Utility to partition the SD card in the manner you describe?  The tool you mention isn't available :(

32 minutes ago, sprite said:

Cheers.  Random question for you - do you know if I can use Mac OS X's Disk Utility to partition the SD card in the manner you describe?  The tool you mention isn't available :(

You can, yes. Or (if you're brave) the command line! :)