Utopia - 2nd series airs summer 2014. HBO to remake with David Fincher at the helm.

FishyFish

I'm quite a few minutes into the first episode and it's not too bad. 

Will never be a patch on the original but seems ok so far, made me chuckle with the whole going down the list scene.

The usual American humour show it a few times and then keep showing it over and over. 

I admit i'm really in it to see Dwight's character. 

I have to admit i am really enjoying this, trying to look at it as something different compared to the remake it should be. 

I think with the current pandemic it works really well etc.

John Cusack seems to be wasted in this so far, and for all the critics' moaning about the change to Grant is that really a shock given America's history with school shootings. 

Don't suppose anyone here knows the artist for the Utopia comic segments?

1 hour ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

I have to admit i am really enjoying this, trying to look at it as something different compared to the remake it should be. 

I think with the current pandemic it works really well etc.

John Cusack seems to be wasted in this so far, and for all the critics' moaning about the change to Grant is that really a shock given America's history with school shootings. 

Don't suppose anyone here knows the artist for the Utopia comic segments?

Come on it took me one Google search ;)

João Ruas apparently. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Captain Novaforce said:

I'm enjoying this, mainly as I'm remembering bits from the original.

Reveal hidden contents

Did Jessica Hyde kill Sam in the original? Can't remember

Pretty sure that's a no.

My main issue with this US adaptation is that the characters seem devoid of character especially in comparison to the original, it's weak IMHO.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The original series is now on Amazon Prime. It popped up on my suggestions last week and I'm now on the final episode - I had no idea what was going on in the beginning, but really enjoyed the watch and wish there was more coming.