rllmuk
Flub

Kentucky Route Zero

Just now, Rob Rule said:

I always pay attention to the @ShoesSeal of Approval.

Then stop your typing, Rob.

11 hours ago, Trumpets said:

Is the rest of the game that pretentious?

Very much so. But to be honest there isn't that many pretentious games out there, always room for some variety in the market.

• Upvote 2

'pretentious' is such a stupid thing to level at any type of creativity. It's just a different style. If you can't handle it, fuck off. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3
  • Empathy 2

1 minute ago, Wiper said:

I am reminded of my regret at the gradual corruption of the word "pretentious" from the description of a work which superficially appears to have depth/meaning, but in fact says nothing beneath its veneer; to the blanket criticism for works which appear "artsy"/weird/opaque, irrespective of any depth they may actually have.

Came here to say something similar, but you put it better than I ever could. 

There are plenty of games that *are* pretentious. KR0 is anything but. 

5 hours ago, Shoes said:

'pretentious' is such a stupid thing to level at any type of creativity. It's just a different style. If you can't handle it, fuck off. 

Instruction 1 sounds like something you'd hear in a perfume advert.

• Empathy 1

I think i'm going to start this from scratch as I can't really remember anything about it. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, three1ne said:

I think i'm going to start this from scratch as I can't really remember anything about it. Looking forward to it.

Would definitely recommend doing so, that's what I did. 

I restarted the thing each time a new episode came out, so it’d be madness not to carry on the trend.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

How long is it roughly

Each episode is no more than a couple of hours, and some are a bit shorter. Throw in the interludes and you're maybe looking at around 10 hours tops? It's worth savouring, though. 

• Upvote 2

This is a very strange game. I think I like it though. 

Just got to act 2 and as I haven't really read any of this thread or reviews of it, I have no idea what's going on but in a good way. 

Is there any info on the technical differences between the Switch and PS4 version? The portability of the Switch is nice but if something like anti-aliasing is noticeably better on PS4 (like with Sayonara Wild Hearts) I would go for that. 

The graphics are so abstract and lo-fi I couldn't see it making much difference. A lot of it is wireframe IIRC, so it's up in the air whether more AA would be good or bad!

I played the last episode. It was nice, but so so short. I forgot most of the characters though so it didn't have the impact it should have! Probably the full play through from the start is the way to go.

Well, that was a wonderful last episode - short, but lovely.

Plus, best cat animation you'll ever see.

It's one of the most astonishing looking games I've ever played really, plus one of the greatest soundtracks to boot. 

Although I'm not sure it gets better than Episode three where it all culminates in:

20200209131425_1.thumb.jpg.a6eb9bfce57b40dca759e47206b8fef2.jpg

One of those games which will remain a bit of a treasure for me I think. 

What I need to work out is if there is a fifth interlude and have I not worked out how to open it up, or whether it's coming...hmm.

• Upvote 1