The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Captain Kelsten

Has anyone had a bug where everyone is sunk into the floor to their knees. Had it in oxenfurt, at first I though they were all dwarfs but it being radovid territory it confused me. Comes to something when a game can put its world forward so well I start thinking in witcher world politics.

Finding this astonishingly good (wasn't overly keen on the first two). Does anyone know if there's any shenanigans with Gwent? Last time I played it I lost my first game to an NPC (The Bloody Baron) and it felt more than a little suspect in the circumstances. I felt aggrieved that his last card just happened to be a Torrential Rain card when he'd already played one that I'd cleared moments before. It was possibly the only thing that could have turned the board back in his favour and because I suspect I was in for a decent drop from him the game might have the capacity to say "No, you can't have this from him yet".

I don't want to get into a loop of trying to beat him and building up a resentment for the game losing in that fashion over and over if the answer is simply, definitely come back later when you have a better deck.

Cool, thanks. I reckon I'll leave him alone for a bit then and get a few more quality cards. The quality of the quests and writing so far has been second to none (Bears repeating by the 1000th person in this thread).

I'd forgotten how fun the

Witcher drinking session

It ended in a much more amusing way this time around....really well written and a nice bit of relaxation to boot :)

Edit: hastily spoilered - apologies if anyone saw that. It's not much of a spoiler, but even so :(

I received my Hearts of Stone expansion box today; with download code and Gwent cards.

Physical Gwent cards! :blush: You get a Monsters and Scoia'tael deck; so I'm going to have to learn these decks now as I use Northern Kingdom in-game. :)

Does anyone know the recommended time to play Hearts of Stone? I'm level 21 at the moment and just arrived in Skellige. Does the story tie into the main game? Or is it totally separate?

I always have this "problem" that I get totally engrossed in an RPG, usually finish it and complete a lot of side content, and then find it difficult to jump back in when the DLC rolls around some months later, partly because the story has been resolved, and also the need to get back to speed with muscle memory.

In this case I deliberately left a few high level side quests uncompleted to tempt me back in but reports that the recent big patch doesn't improve Bone performance and may even introduce new problems don't help. Ho hum.

Ha me too. The cards are beautiful let's hope we get some more decks ... Maybe with the next DLC :D

I'd love a full set of the 4 decks! :)

the DLC is only £4.70 on Nuuvem (gog key) if anyone is looking to get this cheaply

Remember folks, it's not DLC it's an 'expansion'! ;)

The expansion is great. I'm still dying a lot, still haven't got back into the swing of combat, but it's got some really great quests and settings and characters. Loving it.

Also it's clear we live in a post-Fury-Road world, for I came across a bandit camp where all the enemies shouted WITNESS and WITNESS ME as I killed them, as well as OH WHAT A LOVELY DAY. Thankfully just the one camp, which made it a cute reference; if it was in a whole bunch it would get old pretty quickly.

Just finished the expansion. It was fucking brilliant, honestly, up there with the best questlines from the main game. Extremely varied tonally and atmospherically, with lots of interesting ideas and gameplay things. Felt a bit like the developers were showboating at some points, just showing off how good they could make the game. Spoilers for the entire expansion though not in detail:

The wedding, the auction, the heist, the painted world, and of course O'Dimm's true nature were all fantastically done and I loved it all. Felt so good to be back at the game, too; the world is so well-done and so comfortable to inhabit, somehow.