Jump to content
IGNORED

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt


Doctor Shark
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, MrHendo said:

Currently deep in the Bloody Baron quest which is surprisingly early on in the game.

This was a difficult quest and I bounced off the game when it was done. Really didn't anticipate encountering a story like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching Witcher Season 2 made me want to do some Witchering myself. I clocked exactly 300 hours on the Steam version of Witcher 3, I didn't even realize it until after I finished the last expansion and checked. So I don't want to start that version again and leave it at a perfect 300. Instead I bought the Xbox version for cheap during a sale and I'm going to fire up the current gen version once it arrives :wub:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2021 at 07:52, Mr. Gerbik said:

Excellent writing but hard to deal with if you're a parent yourself. 

As I recall, @Laine played through that quest while pregnant. FUCK. THAT!

 

I'm replaying this again on PC, and in addition to my usual mods (proper blue skies in Toussaint (obvs), no dirty lens effect, and HD textures) I've installed a few choice mods. For example, all the NPCs are now completely naked, and all the women have more shapely bodies. Kidding! Though if you look at Nexus mods, those are among the most popular - WTF!?!? :lol:

 

What I have done is installed a mod that actually gives Keira a more glamorous outfit for her dinner with Geralt (unlike the default that just adds sleeves to her dress), a mod that adds scabbards for every sword on the game so that NPCs don't look like their about to accidently chop their own legs off, and a Trader that has all the Gwent cards so that I can just buy them all (though I still had to win Letho just now). But the most important and best one? TROLL SUBTITLES!! I now don't have to either:

 

a) Put up with not understanding a troll when speaking, or

b) Turn on subtitles for everyone just so I can understand the trolls. 

 

:D

 

Edit: My troll subtitle mod subsequently turned on subtitles for everyone apart from Geralt. Had to remove the mod. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also had High Quality Faces, which looks really good. No Fall Damage, because Geralt seemed to get injured incredibly easily whilst navigating slopes. Fast Travel From Anywhere, because life is too short, but be careful with one quest because it can screw it up. Nitpicker's Patch, which cleans up several dodgy visuals.

 

Amazing how good this game from 2015 can look if you plonk on a few mods. This is the Photorealistic Reshade which I've not tried, but looks pretty sweet.

image.png.4a40ed1899fc63fa4db1f2329d83fa72.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine's modded to absolute perfection. Ghost Mode is one hell of an overhaul.

 

I'm really impressed with how I have my HUD (or lack thereof) and how it all fades in and back out again with each pulse of Witcher sense.

 

This is what's best about PC gaming. :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started a second playthrough on PS4 last night and it appears I've lost the ability to skip lines of dialogue - any ideas? (I like to have subtitles on and skip the line before the voice actor finishes it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Started a second playthrough on PS4 last night and it appears I've lost the ability to skip lines of dialogue - any ideas? (I like to have subtitles on and skip the line before the voice actor finishes it)

 

I believe it's one of the touted 'new' features for the PS5 edition...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should still be square. Have CDPR really patched that out on consoles??  It's still the same button for me on PC.

 

edit: Wait, were you trying to skip dialogue during the very beginning training intro sequence involving Lambert and Eskel? That's all pre-rendered with in-built subtitles; to my knowledge you can't skip that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Thor said:

It should still be square. Have CDPR really patched that out on consoles??  It's still the same button for me on PC.

 

edit: Wait, were you trying to skip dialogue during the very beginning training intro sequence involving Lambert and Eskel? That's all pre-rendered with in-built subtitles; to my knowledge you can't skip that.

 

That's always hacked me off! Plus, the shockingly shite encoding used on those cut-scenes.

 

If they could now do those buggers in real-time that would be smashing.

 

(Never gonna happen)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AFAIK - there's certain bits of dialogue you can't skip due to the scene rendering... but you should be able to skip regular in game conversations.  If not, that's a game breaker for me - I read much faster than people talk and I always skip through chat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thor said:

It should still be square. Have CDPR really patched that out on consoles??  It's still the same button for me on PC.

 

edit: Wait, were you trying to skip dialogue during the very beginning training intro sequence involving Lambert and Eskel? That's all pre-rendered with in-built subtitles; to my knowledge you can't skip that.

 

I'm at White Orchard and can't skip dialogue with people in the inn, quest givers etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, just tried it out again. 

 

If I am asking questions in the dialogue options with NPCs, if I accidentally select the same option as asked before, I watch to hear out all of the same dialogue with no way to skip! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/01/2022 at 20:19, Thor said:

As I recall, @Laine played through that quest while pregnant. FUCK. THAT!

 

I'm replaying this again on PC, and in addition to my usual mods (proper blue skies in Toussaint (obvs), no dirty lens effect, and HD textures) I've installed a few choice mods. For example, all the NPCs are now completely naked, and all the women have more shapely bodies. Kidding! Though if you look at Nexus mods, those are among the most popular - WTF!?!? :lol:

 

What I have done is installed a mod that actually gives Keira a more glamorous outfit for her dinner with Geralt (unlike the default that just adds sleeves to her dress), a mod that adds scabbards for every sword on the game so that NPCs don't look like their about to accidently chop their own legs off, and a Trader that has all the Gwent cards so that I can just buy them all (though I still had to win Letho just now). But the most important and best one? TROLL SUBTITLES!! I now don't have to either:

 

a) Put up with not understanding a troll when speaking, or

b) Turn on subtitles for everyone just so I can understand the trolls. 

 

:D

 

Edit: My troll subtitle mod subsequently turned on subtitles for everyone apart from Geralt. Had to remove the mod. :(

Yes! That was me. Good memory! Someone had a big go at for me for spoiling the quest after I mentioned it was pretty tough as I was pregnant although I never said why. Rllmuk!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.